Rumour High Profile Player to Richmond in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
My work colleague is family friends with the Bontempelli's and I was told Richmond have courted him significantly the past 3 months and are looking secure him for 2022. Richmond aren't the only ones however, Richmond is the most appealing option for Bont. Who will most likely stay with the Dogs but don't rule out a headache this year for the dogs.

One year under Cotchin and he takes over as new captain in 2023 is part of the discussions. Would make sense why the Tigers strengthened their draft hand for 2021 by swapping picks with Geelong. Richmond have 2x 1st rounders, 2x second rounders and 2x third rounders and future picks that they can offload to the Bulldogs to get the deal done if the Dogs insist on going that direction.

I was told think of this as what the Tigers did with Prestia and Lynch. They identified a gun player, sold the vision to him, and then paid what they had to pay to get the deal done.

Its on the rumours board for a reason, so don't shoot me please, just throwing it out there, I dont think this is a secret anyway, but from who I heard this, it really stood out to me.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My work colleague is family friends with the Bontempelli's and I was told Richmond have courted him significantly the past 3 months and are looking secure him for 2022. Richmond aren't the only ones however, Richmond is the most appealing option for Bont. Who will most likely stay with the Dogs but don't rule out a headache this year for the dogs.

One year under Cotchin and he takes over as new captain in 2023 is part of the discussions. Would make sense why the Tigers strengthened their draft hand for 2021 by swapping picks with Geelong. Richmond have 2x 1st rounders, 2x second rounders and 2x third rounders and future picks that they can offload to the Bulldogs to get the deal done if the Dogs insist on going that direction.

I was told think of this as what the Tigers did with Prestia and Lynch. They identified a gun player, sold the vision to him, and then paid what they had to pay to get the deal done.

Its on the rumours board for a reason, so don't shoot me please, just throwing it out there, I dont think this is a secret anyway, but from who I heard this, it really stood out to me.
Wouldn’t pretty much every club be interested in the Bont?

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Jesus eagles supporters, just dont respond and don't click. Last I checked, richmond is a team in the afl and we are allowed to talk about them salty saltison
No problem by me but I think you'll find that you could make a similar thread for every club in regards to Bont. Carry on though.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Normally this is how players move, ie a club has been working on them for some time behind the scenes.

Pies did it with Adams, Treloar and Hoskin Elliot. I was told 2 years before it happened Trelaor was Pies bounds, same source laughed when he was linked to Richmond. Poor Treloar, that worked out pretty s**t for him. :)

Tigers did same with Lynch, Prestia as noted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Would automatically follow in the footsteps of two other ex mutts to play in flags for us, namely, Robert McGhie and David Thorpe. Ian Stewart, Stephen Rae, Mick Malthouse other players to profit by playing in flag teams for us after crossing from going nowhere Docklands clubs.

It is only fair too as we were robbed of Jacky Higgins wanting to leave to play for the club he supported as a kid. So it would be nice to get one back from one of those Docklands teams.

Rear end him on 900 large average for a 6 year deal. Dogs match our offer, give them 3 first rounders, and sweeten it with a Naish or a Chol. Everyone is deleriously happy, maybe bar the 3 first round picks who miss out on starting their careers at world sport HQ, The Swinburne. Never mind, if they work really hard and go well, they can come to us later. 😁

Cmon man, there is zero chance the club would make him captain 1 year after recruiting him... dogs ballocks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back