Rumour High Profile Player to Richmond in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just relaying what I heard. I want Grimes or Vlastiun as captain if Cotch Moves on

I am sure Richmond, like 16 other clubs, are interested in the Bont.

However there is no chance a club like Richmond - which is very well run even though their supporters are ferabogans - would promise the captaincy to a player who doesn't even play for them yet.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
1611615283933.png

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Would automatically follow in the footsteps of two other ex mutts to play in flags for us, namely, Robert McGhie and David Thorpe. Ian Stewart, Stephen Rae, Mick Malthouse other players to profit by playing in flag teams for us after crossing from going nowhere Docklands clubs.

It is only fair too as we were robbed of Jacky Higgins wanting to leave to play for the club he supported as a kid. So it would be nice to get one back from one of those Docklands teams.

Rear end him on 900 large average for a 6 year deal. Dogs match our offer, give them 3 first rounders, and sweeten it with a Naish or a Chol. Everyone is deleriously happy, maybe bar the 3 first round picks who miss out on starting their careers at world sport HQ, The Swinburne. Never mind, if they work really hard and go well, they can come to us later. 😁
We might have to move on more than Chol and Naish. Another $million player will really need slashing our list or Astbury, Reiwoldt, etc taking unders.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
We might have to move on more than Chol and Naish. Another $million player will really need slashing our list or Astbury, Reiwoldt, etc taking unders.
Would have to get the 1st round draft picks they have to two top ten picks then Balta as well to come close to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
My work colleague is family friends with the Bontempelli's and I was told Richmond have courted him significantly the past 3 months and are looking secure him for 2022. Richmond aren't the only ones however, Richmond is the most appealing option for Bont. Who will most likely stay with the Dogs but don't rule out a headache this year for the dogs.

One year under Cotchin and he takes over as new captain in 2023 is part of the discussions. Would make sense why the Tigers strengthened their draft hand for 2021 by swapping picks with Geelong. Richmond have 2x 1st rounders, 2x second rounders and 2x third rounders and future picks that they can offload to the Bulldogs to get the deal done if the Dogs insist on going that direction.

I was told think of this as what the Tigers did with Prestia and Lynch. They identified a gun player, sold the vision to him, and then paid what they had to pay to get the deal done.

Its on the rumours board for a reason, so don't shoot me please, just throwing it out there, I dont think this is a secret anyway, but from who I heard this, it really stood out to me.
Thats a pretty good rumour , but its no Glascotts Monkey

ThePhantom777

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
My work colleague is family friends with the Bontempelli's and I was told Collingwood have courted him significantly the past 3 months and are looking secure him for 2022. Collingwood aren't the only ones however, Collingwood is the most appealing option for Bont. Who will most likely stay with the Dogs but don't rule out a headache this year for the dogs.

One year under Pendlebury and he takes over as new captain in 2023 is part of the discussions. Would make sense why the Pies gave Treloar away for peanuts to get some goodwill with the Dogs.

I was told think of this as what the Pies did with Treloar and Adams. They identified the player, sold the vision to him, and then paid what they had to pay to get the deal done.

Its on the rumours board for a reason, so don't shoot me please, just throwing it out there, I dont think this is a secret anyway, but from who I heard this, it really stood out to me.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
My work colleague is family friends with the Bontempelli's and I was told Collingwood have courted him significantly the past 3 months and are looking secure him for 2022. Collingwood aren't the only ones however, Collingwood is the most appealing option for Bont. Who will most likely stay with the Dogs but don't rule out a headache this year for the dogs.

One year under Pendlebury and he takes over as new captain in 2023 is part of the discussions. Would make sense why the Pies gave Treloar away for peanuts to get some goodwill with the Dogs.

I was told think of this as what the Pies did with Treloar and Adams. They identified the player, sold the vision to him, and then paid what they had to pay to get the deal done.

Then Collingwood's post trade behaviour about the contract makes no sense though.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back