High Stakes Poker, The Big Game, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: High Stakes Poker, AM Cash Game, etc

LOL :D

"You're a live player, you play like 300 hands a year!!!!!"

Seriously, Durrr is the luckiest poker player in the world. It really is ridiculous.

"Poker players are notoriously lazy. If a poker player goes to the bank and the laundry, it's a big achievement. For some players, just getting them to go to the laundry is a huge achievement."

1. Why on earth would Negreanu check a straight flush draw on the flop?
2. Dennis Phillips is playing pretty bad.

1. Why on earth would Negreanu check a straight flush draw on the flop?
2. Dennis Phillips is playing pretty bad.

Negreanu called on the flop, not checked.

Its still a dumb play, because a lot of the things that Durrr, Ivey and Antonious do is that they will call with some weaker hands when they are bet or raised into, because they can make their opponent make FTOP errors on the flop i.e folding out the better and getting value from the worst.

One of the best players of Durrr last year was Elezra, because he just was so aggressive and willing to gamble, not just calling and giving free cards all the time... Elezra had some fundamental mistakes IMO, but his aggression at times last year made him hard to run over compared to the likes of Negreanu this year and that big bloke last year who's name escapes me...

Phillips check on the turn with AJ is lolbad, as is the halfpot flop bet. He is betting sizes for later stages of tournaments IMO compared to deepstacked cash games, where in tournaments peoples chips are so valuable, if Durrr or Ivey lose a pot, its just LOLpoker and reload....

- Gabe Kaplan's Antonious accent made me giggle like a schoolgirl.
- Negreanu's $15K river bet into Antonious on the diamond board is one of the worst bets I've ever seen.
- Is it just me, or did they make Kara Scott change to an American accent? If so, extremely -EV play.

Would anyone turn down a HU4ROLLZ against Negreanu at this point? Back-to-back weeks of absolutely hilariously bad play.

Would anyone turn down a HU4ROLLZ against Negreanu at this point? Back-to-back weeks of absolutely hilariously bad play.

Is there any hand in particular you want to point out, or just in general. I say this because I think that while he is playing pretty LOLbad, that the very last hand wasnt that bad of a turn raise if he wants a "free" showdown. Its not that great of a raise, but far better then calling IMO, and shuts the hand down if Durrr has air, and shuts him down if he has a monster looking for Negreanu to bet the river, either with Daniels air or hand such as AQ, JJ etc...

That said, DN has been relatively awful, but after getting raping after raping each season on HSP, plus playing with some poker gods in Ivey and Durrr would do your head in a bit...

Also LOL at the intro...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel's LOLbad performance is only trumped by Gabe's LOLbad performance. Man he is really starting to suck.

Daniel's LOLbad performance is only trumped by Gabe's LOLbad performance. Man he is really starting to suck.

I liked this:

"that's like looking at Mount Rushmore and expecting Abraham Lincoln to blink"

His commentary is fine, it's just suffering from a lack of someone to bounce off. The intro was terrible, and I hope was the idea of some producer who just got fired.

Spoke too soon. Been checking all day, about to go to bed, check one last time, and now Part 1 is up.

"Find a river or did you find your balls?"

Daniel needs to speak less.

LOL. Gabe says "Phil Laak has definitely brought down the level of play at this table!"

Oooh! Sick hand developing in part 4.

Last comment. For the most part, I'm pretty much over Gabe's stupid commentary.

r+b, I've reported your post re: Gabe. He was in top form this week.

Also, Durr seems to have a dead read on Negreanu at this point.

re Gabe, I just hated one part where he was being rather childish.

Would be great to have a known online pro do some strat talk.

But God I loved how Gabe implied the mere presence of Laak had brought down the level of play as evidenced by the Robl v Greenstein hand.

just watching on PT now

As you do, you call out for a sick card. I called for the Qs in the hand between Doyle, Daniel and Benyamine. Now to see what happens next ...

EDIT:

Oh no, poor Daniel!

EDIT:

Oh no, poor Daniel AGAIN!!!

epic lols at Benyamine's "analysis" of the hand afterward. And Negreanu just keeps delivering. :heart:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back