Mod. Notice Highly respected Collingwood poster Didaka passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of you may know or know of Didaka and of his courageous struggle with cancer the past 3-4 years.

Many of us followed his personal battle in a thread he started in 2008 to discuss his struggle with those he considered friends on BigFooty.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455565&page=55

Tragically Didaka lost his battle with cancer on Wednesday.

I for one am shattered as he had put on a brave face to the very end, planning an overseas trip to commence in only a month or so, confident and bullishly adamant he would beat it no matter the odds.

A huge loss to many Collingwood posters, the Collingwood board and BigFooty.
RIP Didaka.

Rest in peace.

Good that he saw his side win a premiership last year.

edit: read the OP in the link. to get bowel cancer at age 24 is a terrible curse. my heart goes out to his family.

Nice to see this posted on the main board. He was a true inspiration, always stayed positive whilst battling the terrible disease.

RIP Didaka

Rest in peace.

Good that he saw his side win a premiership last year.

Couldn't agree more. My old man passed away from cancer in June 2007, went through all the pain of the all the missed Geelong opportunities through the 1990s but just couldn't make it a few more months to see them finally prevail. That was a very sad day.

Rest in peace.

Was diagnosed at such a young age. Not a year older than me :(

Puts everything we think and feel over the weekend at the games into perspective.

R.I.P. Didaka.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Gone from the world at 26 after being diagnosed at 24... I think it shows that you're never too young to get checked, and I for one will be talking to my doctor about the options of getting checked.

RIP Didaka, all the best mate, glad the Pies could win one for you :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have left my thoughts on the Pies board but I am shocked by this news. Just felt that he was beating it. Another BF passing that hopefully will put or the angst and animosity over a sport into some sort of perspective.

Pies put on a real show for you Didaka. Glad you got the ultimate send off, albeit way too early. RIP mate.

Was diagnosed at such a young age. Not a year older than me :(

Puts everything we think and feel over the weekend at the games into perspective.

R.I.P. Didaka.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Never a truer word said, we curse and get angry that some guy with a whistle made a decision that we didn't agree with in a game where we will forget the details within 2 weeks.

RIP Didaka, cruelly taken too early, the courage you showed will remain for many a years to come.

Had noticed his posts on the site, really sorry to hear this news now, in hindsight its great the Magpies won the flag last year.

RIP

Terribly sad news. Didaka was highly regarded by posters and mods alike, a quality individual who fought the good fight against a ruthless enemy. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends. If it's any small consolation, I'm sure that he derived some degree of pleasure and support from the relationships he formed on Big Footy.

RIP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back