Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

not what I hear,he certaintly wants back in melb due to his lady,he also wants one final crack at a big payday and we are cetaintly number 1 in that area....def not worth high first anyway,pick 15 onwards.....
Lols, I am going to send you a message if a trade gets done, you are so far off its not funny

Gresham,billings,steven should help but our young boys tend to hang around despite big offers unlike neale,hill etc.....

Damn son you shifted those goalposts in record time. We were talking about attracting elite talent, something your club has a laughably poor record with.

Every single year we hear from arrogant Saints ITK's that a Kelly/Fyfe type is 'all but signed up' yet it just never transpires. The last player of that calibre you landed was Fraser Gehrig which was nearly 20 years ago lol.

Josh Kelly, Nat Fyfe, Jared Polec, Dylan Shiel = What Saints fans think they're getting

Dean Kent, Dan Hannebery, Nathan Brown = What the Saints actually get

Damn son you shifted those goalposts in record time. We were talking about attracting elite talent, something your club has a laughably poor record with.

Every single year we hear from arrogant Saints ITK's that a Kelly/Fyfe type is 'all but signed up' yet it just never transpires. The last player of that calibre you landed was Fraser Gehrig which was nearly 20 years ago lol.

Josh Kelly, Nat Fyfe, Jared Polec, Dylan Shiel = What Saints fans think they're getting

Dean Kent, Dan Hannebery, Nathan Brown = What the Saints actually get

The disrespect of you to leave out Logan Austin? Or is it Austin Logan?

If Brad and Ed leave, I propose Tucker and Dardy to the wings. Both have good disposal and running ability.
Dardy ran more than anyone on the field on Saturday.
Spend the summer running there guts out.
If Chris Mayne can do it at Collingwood, why not McCarthor!
Leave Lobb and Hogan forward. Just need some more goal savvy and x factor smalls in there to support.
Mayne was always hard working but Dardy is fat and lazy.

Not to me, Geelong is an hour drive from Melbourne. Like, err. Too far. Eww.

Plus Brad is contracted and Freo could get a top ten pick +++ from a Melbourne team and still offer more to Geelong for Kelly in trade than West Coast without touching the Brad Hill compensation.

BHill would probably have been somewhere in Melbournes East/Southeast - and his girlfriend most likely as well. Add on at least 15 minutes but probably 30 to 45 minutes to that hours commute.

Logic would state that you move to somewhere in the western suburbs, but that's not how it works in this town, going to the western suburbs is like being sent to a penal colony. So no way would they move close-ish to Brad's work and 3 hour's daily commuting would be untenable. I can't see him moving to the Cats.

With Freo its not the movement as much as the quality thats moving. Theres the problem.

Rather than improving the list year by year we're having to maintain the quality. Its just running on the spot.

How would Wilson go on the wing, especially in terms of endurance/running? Carter coming into the running defender position a little earlier than ideal, or we shuffle Nyhuis in.

Anyway, I am thinking it is easy rumours at the moment, primarily based around SHill is a FA, so BHill may be available too.
That was my thought. It means we bring in a lockdown defender and release Wilson more. Still wouldn't be as good as Brad on a wing but it'll be a good stop gap measure until Henry/Sturt/Bewley can play regularly

I reckon Nathan Wilson would be decent on a wing. I love how he runs off the back flank.

Plus one of the rare times he is on a wing, he is willing to gut run and launch a shot from 50m out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say this....

Any of you chaps remember what happened 10-12 years ago when we had the Carr Brothers in Matt and Josh Carr.

Matt carr reitred as a 31 year old back in the end of 2008. Josh Carr wasnt happy at the time. Josh Carr was out of contract as well.

Keep in mind we traded picks 11, 27 and 43 to get him in 2004, after he won the flag at Port.

He dogged us during trade week by going on a Holiday in Bali and had his phone turned off. Carr walks into the PSD and plays for port for 2 years.

Fortunately Brad Hill is under contract.

I personally would give Stephen Hill a 1 year deal, possibly even 2 year deal. He has been loyal to us and I will be filthy if we toss him aside his loyalty for the sake of "Playing more youth".

Losing all 3 of the hills and Langdon would be a diasster for us. the only outside mids we have is Giro, Cerra to a degree and a rotating Walters.

I will say this....

Any of you chaps remember what happened 10-12 years ago when we had the Carr Brothers in Matt and Josh Carr.

Matt carr reitred as a 31 year old back in the end of 2008. Josh Carr wasnt happy at the time. Josh Carr was out of contract as well.

Keep in mind we traded picks 11, 27 and 43 to get him in 2004, after he won the flag at Port.

He dogged us during trade week by going on a Holiday in Bali and had his phone turned off. Carr walks into the PSD and plays for port for 2 years.

Fortunately Brad Hill is under contract.

I personally would give Stephen Hill a 1 year deal, possibly even 2 year deal. He has been loyal to us and I will be filthy if we toss him aside his loyalty for the sake of "Playing more youth".

Losing all 3 of the hills and Langdon would be a diasster for us. the only outside mids we have is Giro, Cerra to a degree and a rotating Walters.

Sorry but I don't know what your point is? - and yes I followed the club long before the Carrs.

Just a reminder - we never had 3 Hills.

If anything, we may have a slight nepotism problem at the club. One of the few recent drafting decisions that has baffled me is the recruitment of Dillon O'Reilly on the basis of very little improved output from the year before. It has cost us not too much (at this stage) but we need to be careful we don't recruit people based on family name alone.

Sorry but I don't know what your point is? - and yes I followed the club long before the Carrs.

Just a reminder - we never had 3 Hills.

If anything, we may have a slight nepotism problem at the club. One of the few recent drafting decisions that has baffled me is the recruitment of Dillon O'Reilly on the basis of very little improved output from the year before. It has cost us not too much (at this stage) but we need to be careful we don't recruit people based on family name alone.
Don't think he is meaning IHill, Langdon is the third; all 3 of the hills and Langdon

The carr situation isnt the same as the Hill situation.

You guys got Hill for unders at the time because Hawthorn wanted to treat a triple premiership player with respect.

Pick 23 for the ruturn he has already given is worth it. Thats my opinion BUT.... he is contracted and an important piece of freos list. Unlike Hawthorn Freo have no obligation to trade him for unders while under contract.

We have enough to hammer you in a few weeks time
No idea why there are so many Saints’ fans obsessed with Freo. Is that you St Ciatriz?

Almost every club has had more success than Freo except for the saints who are unrivalled for ineptitude and failure in the modern era. Not all doom and gloom for you saints’ fans though...there’s the excitement of waiting to know whether your high priced star recruit Hanners will be in or out this week. Edge of your seat stuff.

The carr situation isnt the same as the Hill situation.

You guys got Hill for unders at the time because Hawthorn wanted to treat a triple premiership player with respect.

Pick 23 for the ruturn he has already given is worth it. Thats my opinion BUT.... he is contracted and an important piece of freos list. Unlike Hawthorn Freo have no obligation to trade him for unders while under contract.
Yes and no.

Pick 23 was packaged up with others picks to screw the Suns for Omeara.

B Hill went for unders.

Was it a good gesture by the Hawks?

Yes and no.

They used pick 23 with other picks to force the Suns hand.
We let him go. "Let him".

For pick 23. Absolutely unders but he wanted freo and only freo.

If you are on the fence about us doing right by Brad, when is so damn obvious we did.

Sorry your comment relly frustrates me. Ofcourse it was a good gesture. 23 for fk sakes, still irks me to this day.

If you are on the fence about us doing right by Brad, when is so damn obvious we did.

Sorry your comment relly frustrates me. Ofcourse it was a good gesture. 23 for fk sakes, still irks me to this day.

Yeah right, you needed draft capital to get O'Meara and cap space.

Clarkson knew he would look to leave back to WA at the end of his contract and as he usually does flipped the situation into a win for Hawthorn.

Hawthorn let him go because it benefited Hawthorn.

Are you saying you would have gotten Omeara without 23?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back