Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
And a mate from work was talking to Walters about Hill in the sauna at the ARc and he said don’t believe everything you read.

The only people that know are senior club
officials, his manager and brad/Ed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
His manager has said he wants to go back to Melbourne.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots

He has, but he's been non committal about time frame - as has BHill when he's said intomated anything at all. "This year, next year or later on" or to that effect is the line used.

I suspect the language from Young is deliberate to encourage Freo to make hay while the sun shines - i.e. trade while in contract; maximise the return for club, player and Young himself.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't care about S.Hill leaving any more,his persistent leg injuries have cooked him.

B.Hill leaving is going to hurt a lot.If were to keep Langdon but bring in T.Kelly & Angus Brayshaw,have we potentially strengthened our midfield unit?

Only if we then play Ed Langdon at Peel - he’s a ball burner of the highest calibre

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 7 news is all these clubs could, would, should. A few quotes from Young:
"One day his partner would go home"
"One day they will have children"
"You would think whether it's this year or two years, his partner will come home"
"in the right circumstances"

None of that is "his partner is going home and Brad Hill will be following".

Would, you think, one day.

One day, I will be retired.
One day my partner will go to Hawaii.
You would think whether it's this year or two years, I'm rich.
in the right circumstances.

His manager said the above:
One day, one day, one day.
You would think.

All of that is not definitive.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
A good replacement for Brad Hill would be a fit and firing Stephen Hill. If only we could manage him well and get him over his f*n injury concerns. I’d be loathe to lose both of them.

Won't have the tank for it yet, but Carter is fast and has the better kick. I'll fail in a racing analogy as I only have the interest in a faint amble to the beer fridge on occassion... Carter is a sprinter? BHill is a marathon runner?

So, I dunno about his potential as a direct wing replacement - and I haven't seen him play aside from highlights reels and last weekend. Is he best as a half back? Or is he a potential replacement for Langdon or BHill?

Funkster

Rookie
Sep 24, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Obviously just random reports and wont believe anything until its "official" but it seems outrageous that you can request a trade to a "destination club of choice" when theres 10 of them in the place you want to go to..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has any request to a particular club been made though? The only thing we've heard is return to melbourne (the city not the club), and even that hasn't been stated as matter of urgency, just some time in the future.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
No. Replacing two players that were 2017 and 2018 F&B and with Ed being 4th in the F&B we're not just talking about losing two nuffie players after already losing Neale. Replacing a club's best player at an optimum age with a new recruit and have to wait 3 or 4 years or being in more dodgy swaps?

What other teams do that and are successful?

Big difference losing your best players two years in a row. How about we try three in a row next year when Fyfey wins?
So to clarify, you define a rebuild as replacing your two best players (which is plain wrong anyway, or at the very least debatable) over two years.

You can run with that definition if you like. I'm going to stick with the actual definition of a rebuild.

Also, surely everyone is aware of Adelaide? Losing however many gun players, culminating in Danger and then playing in a GF?

It's hyperbole. It's not great to lose 2 quality players (and I am sure 100% of people would agree) but to say it is re-rebuilding is just plain wrong.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We’re not requesting a trade: Brad Hill

The future of Fremantle midfielder, Bradley Hill, is back up in the air yet again, but the man himself says there’s no immediate talks of trade planned.

“It’s definitely not going to happen, I caught up with Colin [Young, his manager], I asked him what’s all this stuff in the news.”
“And he said it’s definitely not going to be happening,” Hill told 6PR Breakfast.

“We’re not going to be talking or saying we’re requesting a trade,” he told Steve and Baz.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

The future of Fremantle midfielder, Bradley Hill, is back up in the air yet again, but the man himself says there’s no immediate talks of trade planned.

“It’s definitely not going to happen, I caught up with Colin [Young, his manager], I asked him what’s all this stuff in the news.”
“And he said it’s definitely not going to be happening,” Hill told 6PR Breakfast.

“We’re not going to be talking or saying we’re requesting a trade,” he told Steve and Baz.

Interesting.

Had a listen and I feel he is more rubbishing the report’s that he/Young won’t be going to Freo this week and requesting a trade.

Can’t stand Basil, how was this comment “reports from Melbourne that Young would be going to Freo this Friday and asking he be released from his contract” WHAT THE!!

Sorry Baaz BHill ain’t going to be released from his contract - try quoting the incorrect media reports properly you dick...

Still feel listening to that (good on BHill for hosing down the hysteria) that if a favourable trade can be done we will get him to Vic for his homesick girlfriend.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
A good replacement for Brad Hill would be a fit and firing Stephen Hill. If only we could manage him well and get him over his f*n injury concerns. I’d be loathe to lose both of them.

Stephen needs to be rebuilt. Slim him down, take some of the load off his body and focus on getting him to be a pure winger again like Brad. And have patience with him getting back to peak level instead of rushing him through rehab and into games. Jason Weber and co have a lot to answer for with the management of him.

I'd be disappointed if we lose him to GC or someone for a pack of chips because he's supposedly 'cooked', when really he's still under 30 and has several years of elite footy in him but just needs a different approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
So to clarify, you define a rebuild as replacing your two best players (which is plain wrong anyway, or at the very least debatable) over two years.

You can run with that definition if you like. I'm going to stick with the actual definition of a rebuild.

Also, surely everyone is aware of Adelaide? Losing howeever many gun players, culminating in Danger and then playing in a GF?

It's hyperbole. It's not great to lose 2 quality players (and I am sure 100% of people would agree) but to say it is re-rebuilding is just plain wrong.
No I'm not defining rebuild as that. Contrary to what you're saying I'm saying losing consecutive f&b players + 4th in consecutive years forces the rebuild backwards.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Interesting.

Had a listen and I feel he is more rubbishing the report’s that he/Young won’t be going to Freo this week and requesting a trade.

Can’t stand Basil, how was this comment “reports from Melbourne that Young would be going to Freo this Friday and asking he be released from his contract” WHAT THE!!

Sorry Baaz BHill ain’t going to be released from his contract - try quoting the incorrect media reports properly you dick...

Still feel listening to that (good on BHill for hosing down the hysteria) that if a favourable trade can be done we will get him to Vic for his homesick girlfriend.

Yeah this. I think he's been coached well to say the right things. Colin has clearly put it out there for a reason and BHill himself has been consistent with the message - so with that, if things can fall the right way, a trade will still be on the cards.

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
Lol , i cant even put into words how moronic this is.. Circumstances have changed so we should release him from his contract

Interesting.

Yeah, that's what I got from the interview as well. He's still trying to go, just the idea of asking for this trade on Friday is rubbish
Lol , i cant even put into words how moronic this is.. Circumstances have changed so we should release him from his contract

View attachment 722553
* this bullshit bias reporting

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Fremantle Dockers star Bradley Hill says a trade request won’t happen this week
Chris RobinsonThe West Australian
Thursday, 8 August 2019 7:58AM

Fremantle star Bradley Hill has denied reports his management could request a trade as early as this week, but concedes the lure of a return to Melbourne looms large for his partner.

Hill is widely tipped to ask for a trade back to Victoria to play out the final two seasons of his contract at a different club, with St Kilda rumoured to be firmly in the mix for the 26-year-old’s services.

Speaking on 6PR this morning, Hill remained coy on his future but ruled out the prospect of that request being made this week.

“Like you saw in the paper and stuff, all the stuff saying I’m going to sit down with the club and have this discussion... I had a coffee with Colin (manager Colin Young) yesterday, and we’re definitely not going to be catching up with the club this week and saying that I’m requesting a trade,” Hill said.
“It’s definitely not going to happen (this week). I caught up with Colin and asked him what’s all this stuff in the news, and he said that’s definitely not going to be happening.
“We’re not going to be talking and saying that we’re requesting a trade.”
Hill is averaging a career-best 24.7 disposals per game in his third season at Fremantle after crossing from Hawthorn, where he won three premierships.

The wingman conceded the pull of a potential return to Victoria remains strong for his partner Samantha.

“My girlfriend is from Melbourne - she’s obviously going to be a Melbourne girl at heart for ever,” Hill said.

“She does miss it. Obviously all her friends and her family are over there.

“But we haven’t fully gone into that discussion. But she does miss home a bit, like anyone away from home misses home.
“I was in Melbourne and I ended up coming back here.

“One day we want to start a family and that, and if she wants to be with her family, then she does, and that’s easy. But at the moment we’re still having those discussions.”

The future of Hill’s brother, Stephen, also remains up in the air, with the 206-gamer an unrestricted free agent at season’s end.

The older Hill has played just 16 games in the past two seasons amid battling calf and quad issues.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

Listening to that didn't do much. Good as gone really.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

View attachment 722553
Non Vic player wants to come to Vic - Fremantle are evil, let him go, you're soulless
Tim Kelly wants to leave Vic - Geelong are excellent, they're the perfect example now.

VFL people.

Back