Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I think that no matter what we'll be trading Brad, I feel the club respects him enough and understands his circumstances enough that they'd be willing to let him go, on the other hand though we'll ensure we get good compensation for it.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Fremantle Dockers star Bradley Hill says a trade request won’t happen this week
Chris RobinsonThe West Australian
Thursday, 8 August 2019 7:58AM

Fremantle star Bradley Hill has denied reports his management could request a trade as early as this week, but concedes the lure of a return to Melbourne looms large for his partner.

Hill is widely tipped to ask for a trade back to Victoria to play out the final two seasons of his contract at a different club, with St Kilda rumoured to be firmly in the mix for the 26-year-old’s services.

Speaking on 6PR this morning, Hill remained coy on his future but ruled out the prospect of that request being made this week.

“Like you saw in the paper and stuff, all the stuff saying I’m going to sit down with the club and have this discussion... I had a coffee with Colin (manager Colin Young) yesterday, and we’re definitely not going to be catching up with the club this week and saying that I’m requesting a trade,” Hill said.
“It’s definitely not going to happen (this week). I caught up with Colin and asked him what’s all this stuff in the news, and he said that’s definitely not going to be happening.
“We’re not going to be talking and saying that we’re requesting a trade.”
Hill is averaging a career-best 24.7 disposals per game in his third season at Fremantle after crossing from Hawthorn, where he won three premierships.

The wingman conceded the pull of a potential return to Victoria remains strong for his partner Samantha.

“My girlfriend is from Melbourne - she’s obviously going to be a Melbourne girl at heart for ever,” Hill said.

“She does miss it. Obviously all her friends and her family are over there.

“But we haven’t fully gone into that discussion. But she does miss home a bit, like anyone away from home misses home.
“I was in Melbourne and I ended up coming back here.

“One day we want to start a family and that, and if she wants to be with her family, then she does, and that’s easy. But at the moment we’re still having those discussions.”

The future of Hill’s brother, Stephen, also remains up in the air, with the 206-gamer an unrestricted free agent at season’s end.

The older Hill has played just 16 games in the past two seasons amid battling calf and quad issues.
So basically - Jon Ralph is a muck raking campaigner.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
No I'm not defining rebuild as that. Contrary to what you're saying I'm saying losing consecutive f&b players + 4th in consecutive years forces the rebuild backwards.
Not sure how you are going to demonstrate that? We didn't lose Neale for nothing nor will we lose Brad for nothing. Therefore to assert what you have you need to demonstrate our team without them is worse than our team with them. You don't measure that over 1 or 2 seasons either. That's going to be difficult to show without another universe where they stayed to test in.

Losing good players is not good, but it doesn't automatically mean you go backwards (certainly not long term) and most certainly does not mean you need to re-rebuild.

If it was B22 players leaving for free then I would 100% agree with you, but its not that.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
fu** this bulls**t bias reporting
But I thought you didn’t believe in vic bias snuff?...;)

See below for almost the perfect example.
What’s more it’s so bewildering as to they don’t even realise it.

While clubs are bit smarter , they are influenced by supporters views somewhat and this is in turn influenced very heavily by a ridiculously one eyed media.
Make no mistake these piss ant vic clubs will come (first up ) with laughable low ball offers to start.

It ll just be interesting to see if they cave in the last day of trade week

Also Tom Browne... 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well . . actually . . . . he kind of does. His management company LITERALLY sponsors The Fremantle Football Club, his business doesn’t sponsor any other AFL clubs but us.

Kind of weird for a business that pays a lot of money to sponsor a Football team and hoping that they don’t win.

I’m still trying to work out how this is even possible and how AFL could tick this off. Probably explains the 18 Freo players on his books.

I was speaking in factual terms. “ Colin is not in the business to win us a flag” instead he’s doing exactly what he needs to do where he is in the business of making his players and his business as much money as possible. Which he is very good at. Sponsorship aside wouldn’t support any team (bad for business) or who wins (all 18) a premiership as long as he and his clients get the money 💰.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Well I should have worded that better, he's supposedly going to announce the Saints as his preferred destination for a club, my bad.

They're very confident on the Saints board, but how would a player agree to go a club that hasn't decided who their coach is going to be.

When Brad Hill came to Fremantle he was still under contract at Hawthorn and there was a meeting with Ross mid-season which had the green light from Clarkson.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
They're very confident on the Saints board, but how would a player agree to go a club that hasn't decided who their coach is going to be.

When came to Fremantle he was still under contract at Hawthorn and there was a meeting with Ross mid-season which had the green light from Clarkson.
Saints have been very confident on a number of players for years yet rarely got them, same as North.....if you have the chance players always prefer Hawks, Tigers, and even strugglers like Blues and Demons before the Saints and Roos.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers

When Brad Hill came to Fremantle he was still under contract at Hawthorn and there was a meeting with Ross mid-season which had the green light from Clarkson.
Im sure the Cats would present as a much more attractive proposition then the Saints to Hill.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mark Duffield made a good point....Freo probably won't be contending for a flag next year-so sell high as possible which is this year.
Brisbane weren’t this time last year either, Bulldogs a couple of years ago, it’s just a pity he won’t be here for the next 5 years to help the club build & contend.

Funkster

Rookie
Sep 24, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mark Duffield made a good point....Freo probably won't be contending for a flag next year-so sell high as possible which is this year.

Might depend on who is really keen to get him. If Geelong are genuinely interested, they might be willing to pay the high price (including Kelly maybe) to get him now given they are right in the premiership window. Someone like Saints are not too different to us, they will might be happy to wait instead of offer top dollar.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Am I the only one that wants Stephen Hill to stay beyond this season?

Come on he has given us 10-11 years of solid service and some of you want him thrown out liked used toilet paper?

Thats pretty sad really.

Everyone got frustrated with Harley Bennells injuries, as he played like 2 dockers games in 4 years. I wish Bennell and his young family all the best now.

Stephen Hill has been a solid servant. he has Given us 200 games of solid service. People were unhappy for freo keeping a 36 year old ruckman in Sandilands and a 32 year old small forward in Hayden Ballantyne as depth players this season. Why would it be bad to keep Stephen hill as a depth player who turns 30 in the middle of next season? I am more than happy to see him play 10-15 games next season even if 1-2 of those games are finals games.

I personally would be happy to give Stephen Hill a 2 year deal at $450-$500,000 a year.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Im sure the Cats would present as a much more attractive proposition then the Saints to Hill.
Why? His missus wants to live in Melbourne, not some bogan hamlet over an hour away

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am I the only one that wants Stephen Hill to stay beyond this season?
No I'd have to change my avatar ;)
Seriously though, Stephen is my favourite player and has been his whole career. I would love to see him get on the park play some consistent footy in what should be the peak of his powers. I had a strong feeling when he was drafted he would be big part of our first premiership & gave him the name - the Golden Child. When he kicked that goal in Geelong 2013 I thought we were on the way.
So while he's still playing I still believe . . .

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
No I'd have to change my avatar ;)
Seriously though, Stephen is my favourite player and has been his whole career. I would love to see him get on the park play some consistent footy in what should be the peak of his powers. I had a strong feeling when he was drafted he would be big part of our first premiership & gave him the name - the Golden Child. When he kicked that goal in Geelong 2013 I thought we were on the way.
So while he's still playing I still believe . . .
Yep..... On the day he retires from AFL footy, we will look back and remember that goal he kicked. He will always be fondly remembered for that.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Brisbane weren’t this time last year either, Bulldogs a couple of years ago, it’s just a pity he won’t be here for the next 5 years to help the club build & contend.
Offer a contract extension for those 5 years with salary adjustment. If he isn't interest hold him to his 2 years unless a great trade is there for the taking.

Back