Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope they do, and is the reason I am happy for the club to be in the discussion, but I think our role in this trade is peripheral. In fact if they gave 14 and 23 it would be great, potentially reducing the targeting of WA players.

It would be a pretty unusual trade if Geelong drive it. I think it will be driven by Kelly.
15 and 23 won’t get it done.

They may go something like:
15, 23, 33 (WCE) > 10, 28, 46 (Port)
10, 28, Brander > Kelly, 37

Kelly will cost a lot. For us we’d need to get another mid range first round pick like 14.

6, 14 > Kelly, 37

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
In The USA there's around 30 teams spread all over the country, where as half the teams in the AFL are in Melbourne which makes getting home easier.

The guys in America are also paid so much money they can re-locate their families if they want to. That's not an option for most AFL players.
Seriously, if you have a family and you are supporting them. They go where you go, end of story. Lots of fragile mamma's boys out there..

Howlong

Rookie
May 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
The standard of " journalism "in regard to first Brad Hill and now Tim Kelly is the equivalent to year 7 ,writing it on the dunny door trev loves sharon until it happens.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don’t waste your time listening to Hard ball gets podcast. Awful Hill suggestions.

Saying Freo would be happy with a future 1st and a sweetener in later rounds. Gross.
They don’t know what Freo will be happy with. Has to be top 10 pick plus a sweetener (preferably second or third round).

Say St Kilda swap picks 6, 56 > 12, 14 (which I don’t think would happen). Would pick 12 & 2020 first round be acceptable??

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Who’s to say West Coast won’t make a better offer. They will offer pick(a) and a player. Jackson Nelson, Jarrod Brander and Jack Petruccelle all names that have been mentioned along with their first pick.

West Coast also currently have pick 14. If they win their first final that is as low as the pick will go. If it remains pick 14 - will get pushed back to at least 17 (due to GCS PP, with bids on Tom Green and Liam Henry). They also have currently pick 23.
Absolutely hope Geelong take Petrucelle. Then Eagles would laugh at them in comparison. The guy is just an incredible runner who happens to be quick. Awful footballer.
No way would you even consider him for Kelly. That’s steak knives.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep exactly, great post.
You guys don't seem to understand leverage or what the balance of power is in this situation. Kelly is in demand, therefore he has leverage and pretty much gets to say where he wants to play. As such, he gets to factor in his family's wishes who are on the journey with him.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St Kilda shopping Bruce. Why? He’s a handy forward that Hill can kick to.
That’s such an amateur move if true. So perhaps Bruce gets traded and we can get that pick for Hill?
Membrey as their main target.. ha

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seriously, if you have a family and you are supporting them. They go where you go, end of story. Lots of fragile mamma's boys out there..

I really think it's mostly about easy access to Grandma for free babysitting every time. It's not really feasible for someone on even 500k a year to move their entire extended family interstate for a few years. He can earn the same money in a place that's more conveniently located close to existing family, why wouldn't you?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I really think it's mostly about easy access to Grandma for free babysitting every time. It's not really feasible for someone on even 500k a year to move their entire extended family interstate for a few years. He can earn the same money in a place that's more conveniently located close to existing family, why wouldn't you?
Pretty impressive really, smart too. He really has a strong mentality. Let the footy do the talking. He’s really professional in that regard. He ll be on 900k easily if he wanted next season. Plus being home. Comfortable financially and relaxed. Could that be a bad thing? Who knows.
But no having that family network especially in a country town of Geelong is tough. Different environment, has a kid with Autism, with another on the spectrum I believe? The way he has gone on the field doesn’t show it.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
They don’t know what Freo will be happy with. Has to be top 10 pick plus a sweetener (preferably second or third round).

Say St Kilda swap picks 6, 56 > 12, 14 (which I don’t think would happen). Would pick 12 & 2020 first round be acceptable??
I am not against 2020 picks as part of a deal, but need a pick this year before Henry, which I think 12 will be.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

I’d be ok with that.
A future 1st and a later round pick sweetener like they suggested is just not thinking about it at all. Speculative pick which could completely back fire for us. I’d give up at that.

Yeah can’t see saints splitting picks. GWS will want an earlier pick

Back