Religion Hillsong: Slave labour cult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all surprising from our Scotty's gang:

Bosch claims that after a representative for Hillsong College — the school affiliated with the church — persuaded her to give up her film career and move from South Africa to Australia to attend the Christian program, she was immediately asked to sign a nondisclosure agreement preventing her from speaking to anyone about her experiences there without express permission. Bosch didn’t sign it, but she says the college quickly began controlling her life in other ways.

“You had to ask a pastor’s permission to date. They had to choose the person you dated as well. If they don’t think your relationship is what they like, they’ll tell you it’s not permissible,” she said. When a student snitched on her for sleeping on the couch of a platonic male friend after a housing mixup, the pair “weren’t allowed to ever talk again,” according to Bosch.

Past BigFooty threads:

Last edited:
Most of these happy-clappy Pentacostals and Charismatics run the spectrum from scam to cult. Hillsong is the most prominent in Australia but C3/City Church is the same. Guys like Brian Houston and Phil Pringle are parasites.

The whole system of taxation around religious organisations needs to be reviewed. It's reasonable that they get tax exemptions for genuinely charitable activities that benefit the wider community, but (particularly with these modern churches) so much of what they do is designed around funnelling cash and benefits to specific individuals.

• Admin
The whole system of taxation around religious organisations needs to be reviewed.
I tell you what - if they drop the tax-free stuff I wonder how many of these people would hang around and do God's work for the love of it?

Most of these happy-clappy Pentacostals and Charismatics run the spectrum from scam to cult. Hillsong is the most prominent in Australia but C3/City Church is the same. Guys like Brian Houston and Phil Pringle are parasites.

The whole system of taxation around religious organisations needs to be reviewed. It's reasonable that they get tax exemptions for genuinely charitable activities that benefit the wider community, but (particularly with these modern churches) so much of what they do is designed around funnelling cash and benefits to specific individuals.

easy solution - let them deduct the costs of the charitable works just like any of us mere lay peeps. id love to see the tax exemption removed, but Freo will win a flag before that happens

The scam they're running, the tax exemption is just the icing on the cake and makes it easier to hide their other crimes because so little is officially recorded/reported.

You think Brian Houston would stop his grift if they took away a few %?

He was willing to cover up his dad the paedo, I reckon he'll be able to dodge a few tax requirements.

If anything, removing the tax exemption would just lead to worse treatment of "volunteers".

These megachurches have achieved the capitalist dream: voluntary slave labor

Use religion as an excuse to rope your followers into volunteer unpaid labor (or even pay you to work for you) and all you give in return is a feeling of "it's good to serve and honor god", basically nothing

The profit margins must be insane for these churches when they run these operations without having to pay 99% of the people working there, add the tax exempt s**t on top

Should be referred to as The Hillsong Business which runs Hillsong branded churches and schools
God Inc.

Use religion as an excuse to rope your followers into volunteer unpaid labor (or even pay you to work for you) and all you give in return is a feeling of "it's good to serve and honor god", basically nothing
Salvation is a product that costs nothing, promises everything, and can't be checked for quality. It's a salesman's wet dream.

Last edited:
I met up with a couple of ex staff of mine from Victoria when I was living in Sydney a couple of years ago. They're churchies and they came up to do a song writing course at Hillsong.

Said the course was good but didn't have much else positive to say. They were pretty weirded out by the experiences outside the course.

I met up with a couple of ex staff of mine from Victoria when I was living in Sydney a couple of years ago. They're churchies and they came up to do a song writing course at Hillsong.

Said the course was good but didn't have much else positive to say. They were pretty weirded out by the experiences outside the course.
Spill !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh they didn't go into anything specific, just mentioned that they were a very weird group and outside the course they felt rather uncomfortable.

They're quite religious themselves in a gospel-style church but totally normal (e.g., don't preach) in everyday life. Hillsong spent the whole week trying to recruit them which made it very awkward for them.

Oh they didn't go into anything specific, just mentioned that they were a very weird group and outside the course they felt rather uncomfortable.

They're quite religious themselves in a gospel-style church but totally normal (e.g., don't preach) in everyday life. Hillsong spent the whole week trying to recruit them which made it very awkward for them.
Sounds right.

Put on courses and events to bring people in, hit them with the recruitment pitch while you have them captive.

easy solution - let them deduct the costs of the charitable works just like any of us mere lay peeps. id love to see the tax exemption removed, but Freo will win a flag before that happens
Essendon* might not win a final tho...

This viper should have had its head removed when the paedo daddy’s son was being investigated for the sins of the father.
It feels like this house of cards is one card away from tumbling.
I really look forward to this day, unfortunately, another viper will quickly fill this void.
Regardless of whether the jew from 2000 years ago actually lived(he most probably didn’t), his story was in stark contrast to what the Houston’s have built.
One card to go.......

Hillsong represent the worst parts of Christianity. In the same way that s**t attracts flies, Hillsong attracts the worst type of humans. Most of us are aware of what they've done in Australia, but some of you wont be aware of the shitshow they've got going in New York.

We’ve discussed this with Roy Ad-nauseam, it’s a prostrate move/half claim I occasionally use to ruffle their feathers.
It generally follows with either “did Alexander the Great or Socrates exist....?”.

Hillsong represent the worst parts of Christianity. In the same way that sh*t attracts flies, Hillsong attracts the worst type of humans. Most of us are aware of what they've done in Australia, but some of you wont be aware of the shitshow they've got going in New York.

I wasnt aware of much of that

As the article says..." By now, Hillsong is not just a church, but a brand. Hillsong is a look: neutrals, streetwear, body-conscious fashion. And it is a sound, too. The church’s bands have won a Grammy. Their most popular song, the soaring ballad “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail),” has been streamed more than 235 million times on Spotify. And the formula works. The global church now has congregations on six continents, and claims an average attendance of 150,000 people weekly."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back