Religion Hillsong: Slave labour cult.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasnt aware of much of that

As the article says..." By now, Hillsong is not just a church, but a brand. Hillsong is a look: neutrals, streetwear, body-conscious fashion. And it is a sound, too. The church’s bands have won a Grammy. Their most popular song, the soaring ballad “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail),” has been streamed more than 235 million times on Spotify. And the formula works. The global church now has congregations on six continents, and claims an average attendance of 150,000 people weekly."

We gotta take their big attendance numbers with a grain of salt, sure, they do have followers but they drum up the numbers often for relevance

A megachurch may say they have like 20k members but in actual fact only like 2k people actually regularly attend. They may even drum the attendance numbers up to like 20k because they're counting the Christmas service numbers, where some people only go there once a year in Xmas

These people love to lie about everything for clout, they're only 1% of Australians

yeah... ive got nothing...

Hillsong: Bobbi Houston urged “kingdom women” to have “great sex” with husbands (news.com.au)

The founder of one of Australia’s largest evangelical churches has urged wives to be better at sex so they can proudly say they “have a great marriage;” instructed them to not get “sloppy” with pelvic floor exercises or their orgasm will suffer, not to get so fat “you need a hydraulic crane to turn over in bed,” and to get their teeth done so their “mouth is desirable” to their husbands.

The bizarre list of sex life tips for her fellow “kingdom women” has come from Bobbie Houston who, with husband Brian, founded the Sydney-based Hillsong mega church.
However, one of her comments, where she said she felt “*ed” when overweight, has been criticised as “appalling” and “demeaning”.
New Zealand born Ms Houston has become one of the most powerful figures in the Pentecostal church movement since she helped to set up Hillsong, named after Sydney’s Hills District, in 1983.
Its services combine US style evangelical preaching with contemporary music. Singers Justin Bieber and Nick Jonas and NBA player Kevin Durant have been seen at Hillsong services or those of its aligned churches.
The controversial religious organisation, which now has branches worldwide, teaches that God bestows material wealth and physical wellbeing on his followers.

In 2003, a recording of Ms Houston’s views on intimacy was sold as a CD originally called Kingdom Women Love Sex but that title has since been toned down since to Kingdom Women Love and Value their Sexuality. The CD is no longer available.

In an extract from the CD, Ms Houston stressed that “great sex and intimacy” should be within the “confines of marriage”.

“I’ll just state that upfront,” she added.

“But kingdom women should have a very healthy attitude towards this amazing dynamic.”

Ms Houston then goes onto say she picked up a “secular men’s health magazine,” which may have been Men’s Health, on a flight from Melbourne and it “actually wasn’t offensive”.

She paraphrased a piece that said “don’t worry about the Kama Sutra position 5004, just don’t even go there. It won’t work”

“Because how many would agree your men have trouble assembling a swing set on Christmas morning?” Ms Houston added.

After momentarily swerving into the realm of child’s toys, she gets back to the matter at hand – intercourse. She frames great sex as Godly.

“We need to be good at sex ourselves so that if the world happens to come knocking we can tell the story of God in our lives. We can say, ‘I have a great marriage and a great sex life’ … wink, wink, nudge, nudge.”

“Without being lurid or untruthful; I have a great marriage and a great sex life,” she says in the audio, which was first published by The Daily Telegraph.

“Girls, pelvic floor exercise – can you believe I am saying this? I have heard that orgasm is not as strong if you are really sloppy in that area.”

Ms Houston’s view didn’t stop at sex itself. Plastic surgery was fine for women who are believers, “if it’s for the right reasons,” she said.

“When it comes to personal hygiene and maintenance works, for example, get your teeth fixed, a mouth is supposed to be very desirable,” she said,

She also recommend Sorbolene moisturiser with vitamin E to ensure you have “beautiful soft skin” and remain desirable for you god-fearing hubby.

“Back pain. Plumbing bits. OK, get them fixed, get healed, or go to a doctor, I’m not joking.”

There was another key area you shouldn’t be sloppy in either – weight gain.

“If I carry weight I feel like a *, how are you going to do anything to surprise your man when you need a hydraulic crane just to turn over in bed?” she asks on the tape.

Ms Houston’s equating weight gain with a slur for someone who has a mental illness has rubbed a number of people up the wrong way.

Greens Senator Sarah Hanson Young remarked on the line on social media today.

“That’s appalling and uses demeaning language. Shameful,” replied one person to the politician’s post.

On Ms Houston’s personal Facebook page, where there is no mention of the audio, one commenter said sarcastically her “*” comment was “oh so Christian like” beneath the recent post – about a lightning storm

I wasnt aware of much of that

As the article says..." By now, Hillsong is not just a church, but a brand. Hillsong is a look: neutrals, streetwear, body-conscious fashion. And it is a sound, too. The church’s bands have won a Grammy. Their most popular song, the soaring ballad “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail),” has been streamed more than 235 million times on Spotify. And the formula works. The global church now has congregations on six continents, and claims an average attendance of 150,000 people weekly."
Wow I had no idea they were that big. Iron ore, Fosters and Hillsong?

What genuine Christian would be a member of this pseudo religion?

AS IF Morrison's people wouldn't have had information on Houston, being close to the PM.

* he's a liar and a paedo supporter.

Hillsong represent the worst parts of Christianity. In the same way that sh*t attracts flies, Hillsong attracts the worst type of humans. Most of us are aware of what they've done in Australia, but some of you wont be aware of the shitshow they've got going in New York.

There's the fallacy right there Evolved1 , the now often repeated falsehood that they are a "Christian" Church or are a derivative of the teachings of Christ. This is what legitimises them to many, many people who just don't know who they are. I hear often people saying about Morrison, "at least he's a Christian" which is a most absurd thing for anyone to say.

Unless and until the Pentecostal stable of "Churches" are exposed, then they will continue to have an ever increasing influence on Australian politics and by extension, Australian life. The everyday person in Australia does not understand that these "Churches" are doomsday cults because they have not been told, have not read reports by the media, seen reports on the television news nor have there been any exposés done on this cult by any of the mainstream media including the ABC.

Hillsong and the rest need to be exposed for what they are and the start should be to get people to understand that they are NOT A CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION like Catholicism, Orthodox, C of E etc etc etc. they are not Christians regardless of their declarations that they are.

AS IF Morrison's people wouldn't have had information on Houston, being close to the PM.

fu** he's a liar and a paedo supporter.
The question is “how long do we as a nation supply this guy, our supposed leader, without the ‘consequences’ of his support for this “cult””.?
I mean c’mon?
Has our partisan constriction become so apathetic?
He’s a ******* fraud.
Hawaii whilst your country burns, ain’t leadership.

I've ended up giving every post on this thread the thumbs up! I cannot emphasis enough how dangerous the Pentecostal stable with it's political arm, Morrison and an ever growing number of front benchers, are to Australia's democracy and our secular traditions.
morrison and houston are both marketers and snake oil salesmen. birds of a feather. people are so easily duped these days - i give you l ron hubbard. scientology is prospering. and how is that regarded as a religion?]

Both Scummo and Houston are rogue mates. Hillsong has little to do with Christianity it's a marketing operation that preaches acquisitiveness, and selfishness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Scummo and Houston are rogue mates. Hillsong has little to do with Christianity it's a marketing operation that preaches acquisitiveness, and selfishness.
They have everything to do with Christianity despite your illogical reasoning.

Those of us who value truth will ensure that pedophilia, opposition to science, political extremism, and the like are associated with Christianity where relevant.

Those of us who value truth will ensure that pedophilia, opposition to science, political extremism, and the like are associated with Christianity where relevant.
So says the master of illogical reasoning.

None of their so-called "Pastors" are theologically trained. The "Church" is a money making operation established by a snake oil salesman for that purpose. It's no better than what "Reverend" Daniel Nalliah and his Catch The Fire Ministries dishes out. Just better marketed.

It has little to do with what JC stood for. In fact the opposite.

So says the master of illogical reasoning.

None of their so-called "Pastors" are theologically trained. The "Church" is a money making operation established by a snake oil salesman for that purpose. It's no better than what "Reverend" Daniel Nalliah and his Catch The Fire Ministries dishes out. Just better marketed.

It has little to do with what JC stood for. In fact the opposite.
No True Scotsman. Meh.

I'm not letting the church off that easily. The pedo priests, anti-science crowd, anti-choice crowd, and political nutjobs from the LNP can all go down with that sinking ship.

If Jesus ever lived, he was a prick too. I'm glad Jesus is dead. Let's keep him that way.

There's nothing worth saving from that shipwreck.

hahahaha ... you're a mongrel but I love ya!

I've ended up giving every post on this thread the thumbs up! I cannot emphasis enough how dangerous the Pentecostal stable with it's political arm, Morrison and an ever growing number of front benchers, are to Australia's democracy and our secular traditions.
Look at the damage they have done in the US.

No True Scotsman. Meh.

I'm not letting the church off that easily. The pedo priests, anti-science crowd, anti-choice crowd, and political nutjobs from the LNP can all go down with that sinking ship.

If Jesus ever lived, he was a prick too. I'm glad Jesus is dead. Let's keep him that way.

There's nothing worth saving from that shipwreck.
I'm no believer in mythology either, but I do see a major distinction between the mainstream church and that of Pentecostals.

The Hillsong corporation is based on the prosperity doctrine and is deeply rooted in American Pentecostalism.

Their primary driver is self-interest and acquisitiveness. Even a rudimentary grasp of the gospels by those of us who are heathens tells us JC was about selflessness and caring for those who have the least among us.

This excerpt from an article by Bruce Duncan a former priest and lecturer in history and social ethics puts it succinctly:

The ‘prosperity gospel’ reduces religion to a magical technique to advance one’s individual self-interest, ignoring that the Gospel is meant to be ‘good news for the poor’, the Bible’s code for all in distress. The prosperity gospel instead focuses on individual well being, rather than promoting wider concepts of solidarity and social justice in an effort to promote the common good of everyone, but especially of the most disadvantaged or marginalised.

This is why it appeals to marketers and neoliberals like Morrison.

There's also the murky past of the leadership, the emphasis on marketing/merchandise, and the way they treat their 'clientele'

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-...d-church/d860d0d3-e925-494d-a97b-d546648de4c3

That isn't to say mainstream religion isn't a pestilence. But it does make attempts through active social welfare arms to assist the least among us and it isn't purely focused on self interest, and the 'he who has the most toys wins' philosophy. Hillsong is about those things. It's a cult and my opinion is Houston is more about wealth accumulation than he is a genuine believer.

I'm no believer in mythology either, but I do see a major distinction between the mainstream church and that of Pentecostals.

The Hillsong corporation is based on the prosperity doctrine and is deeply rooted in American Pentecostalism.

Their primary driver is self-interest and acquisitiveness. Even a rudimentary grasp of the gospels by those of us who are heathens tells us JC was about selflessness and caring for those who have the least among us.

This excerpt from an article by Bruce Duncan a former priest and lecturer in history and social ethics puts it succinctly:

This is why it appeals to marketers and neoliberals like Morrison.

There's also the murky past of the leadership, the emphasis on marketing/merchandise, and the way they treat their 'clientele'

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-...d-church/d860d0d3-e925-494d-a97b-d546648de4c3

That isn't to say mainstream religion isn't a pestilence. But it does make attempts through active social welfare arms to assist the least among us and it isn't purely focused on self interest, and the 'he who has the most toys wins' philosophy. Hillsong is about those things. It's a cult and my opinion is Houston is more about wealth accumulation than he is a genuine believer.
I have to find the Pinky Beecroft article about Hillsong.

Oh s**t - I linked it in the OP.

No wonder Morrison gives not a pinch of s**t for Robodebt victims:

“They played a short film on the big screens: a monologue from an average Aussie middle-aged battler who’d been doing it tough since her husband died.

She said she’d been on some sort of widow’s pension and struggling financially. The worst thing about poverty was the way it robbed you of your dignity, left you feeling powerless. Amen to that.

She talked about how she felt disenfranchised most of all by her inability to give money to the church. But then she had a profound realisation: she could still tithe. There was nothing to stop her giving 10 percent of her pension to the church. And that’s what she was doing. Giving 10 percent of every pension cheque, supporting her church and gaining a little dignity in the process.”

religions and cults are run by wolves and the sheep willingly offer themselves up for sacrifice

offering up their money, willing offering themselves up for sexual abuse (even offering up their kids) and free labour etc etc

human behaviour can be weird sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back