Religion Hillsong: Slave labour cult.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no such thing as true Christianity, butterfingers.

Faith is belief in things that have no supporting evidence, so Scummo's faith is equally valid as yours.

We are talking religion, not Essendons chances of making finals

Yeah not so sure about that .
There's no objective means of determining what is true Christianity. The bible is meaningless without interpretation, and the different denominations still argue on the meaning of passages as well as the validity of the bible and extra-biblical resources.

My argument is that none of the denominations have any validity. I'd rather focus on eradication of organised religion through education than targeting denominations based on political ideology or philosophy.

Q1Nk33h.jpg

That's fairly much the antithesis of the Christianity I was taught. Love to know why if God controls everything, she allows a baby to be born with bone cancer? Where is the merciful, benevolent God I was taught about? This is a manufactured form of belief.

While there’s no neat Pentecostal belief formula, there are certain fundamentals, says religious studies expert Philip Almond: miracles happen; God controls everything; belief in God brings material wealth; only born-again Christians can be saved; what matters is a concern for one’s personal relationship with God, not for the external world.

This!

wuh9KsH.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely one of the biggest grifts the world has seen.

Nothing in there that hasn't already been reported or widely known, so not sure what is so secretive about this review.

Genuinely one of the biggest grifts the world has seen.

Nothing in there that hasn't already been reported or widely known, so not sure what is so secretive about this review.
Did lol
"They tell you that if it's too easy you're not really doing God's work because you have to work hard to keep the Devil away."
That's a great way to justify slave labour.
People who pay money to hear this s**t deserve to get fleeced.

Not only should the faux religious organisations not get tax concessions, none of them should.

The Pentecostal branches, like that to which our Prime Minister adheres, seem to love money more than the people outside their organisation, and my personal feeling is that religion should be a private matter and receive no support from governments.

For many that might seem too radical, if not actually blasphemous, but, given the appalling behaviour which has been revealed in so many of these sects – including just a few like the Catholic Church, The Plymouth Brethren, Scientology, and the Pentecostalists – I seriously think we have to ask whether they deserve the favours they are granted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back