Rumour Hine and Bucks not Seeing Eye to Eye

Remove this Banner Ad

l would think there are disagreements within a club all the time, hine would draft a the football player he thinks is the best ,
but to trading the whole football department would have a say in that, with the coach having the final say.
with aish they would not have traded him with out bucks ok. there could be some truth in it, but l doubt there is much to it
I would imagine there would be all sorts of disagreements between Hine and Bucks. But I would also hope that the coach largely determines the kind of player recruited rather than the recruiter. Is there a reason why this disagreement is abnormal on this occasion. I don't have access to the show but is there not also a Age article? I will let my fingers do the work.

Last edited:
I would imagine there would be all sorts of disagreements between Hine and Bucks. But I would also hope that the coach largely determines the kind of player recruited rather than the recruiter. Is there a reason why this disagreement is abnormal on this occasions. I don't have access to the show but is there not also a Age article? I will let my fingers do the work.
l do not know what happens in the draft in discussions between bucks and hine but what l can gather in what they have said in the media that hine has
the say in the player they draft. but l guess there would be talks on what type of player the coach wants, but in trade the coach has to tick it off for it to happen. but as I say l do not know what is said behind the walls at the club,
it is only my thoughts on it

I have read the article now. All that I did not really know was that Eddie had said that the game plan did not suit the players, the reason why Walsh resigned and that Hine had disagreed with Bucks over Aish. Just because she wrote an article doesn't mean we are in crisis. It's her take on the situation and she has arranged the facts and created appropriate assumptions. It's no big deal one way or the other for those who have formed their own views. At best it adds a few more pieces to the puzzle. At worst you can risk anti-feminist comments aimed at her journalistic and personal credentials. It's your choice.

I'd wager that Caroline took great pleasure in knocking that article up. :) The only way it could've been better for her is if she also had some dirt on Swan to serve up.

It's likely that most recruiting decisions are heavily debated; in any club that would be a good thing. Caroline wants to turn that process into a wart to sell papers with.

She is a very underwhelming reporter.

This board thinks she's a crazy harpy who makes everything up... until what she says helps them attack the club while it's down, then suddenly she gets a lot right.

I might take a break from reading bigfooty until some sanity is returned to the debate, I think. :(
I only just realised today I could read the article and it is a more scatter gunned attack on Collingwood than I had envisaged. Nevertheless the only other relevant news I gleaned from the article other than the disagreement was that Eddie had been thinking he would resign at he weekend. Otherwise she has basically rehashing old material into a new scenario.

If you want change at Collingwood, and based on the threads over this season so far many of you do, you're going to need media pressure to do it.

Caro is right - the cleanout should include Eddie and Bucks. Now is the time for a complete overhaul, while we still have a promising list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caro is right - the cleanout should include Eddie and Bucks. Now is the time for a complete overhaul, while we still have a promising list.

Eddie leaving would not change the promise of our list. And Eddie will remove Bucks if he needs to (round 8 might be 'want' for many but it is not 'need').

I struggle to think of someone who would be a better President for us. Craig Kelly, John Brumby, and many of the existing board would be competent.
Nick Maxwell or Luke Ball in 5 years time?

Eddie is commercially-savvy and passionate. We do not need a beige partner from KPMG humming managerialism at the match-day lunch.

Eddie leaving would not change the promise of our list. And Eddie will remove Bucks if he needs to (round 8 might be 'want' for many but it is not 'need').

I struggle to think of someone who would be a better President for us. Craig Kelly, John Brumby, and many of the existing board would be competent.
Nick Maxwell or Luke Ball in 5 years time?

Eddie is commercially-savvy and passionate. We do not need a beige partner from KPMG humming managerialism at the match-day lunch.
We do not have a natural successor to Eddie. Craig Kelly is a mate of Buckley so hardly seems the first to be tapped on the shoulder. John Brumby? No worse than Kennett.

We do not have a natural successor to Eddie. Craig Kelly is a mate of Buckley so hardly seems the first to be tapped on the shoulder. John Brumby? No worse than Kennett.

Nobody better out there.

If he's made a mistake with Bucks, that's something for him to learn from, not a reason to dump him for someone with less experience and passion. The corporate culture of replacing the people at the top all the time has no actual evidence to support its effectiveness. Some of the most effective companies in the world, for their size, are private ones run byt the same person/people for decades. Look at Japan. Or in America, Valve Software, which punches so far above its weight, or Tesla.

the idea that we need "new blood" was exactly why we sacked Malthouse for Bucks, and look how that worked out.

I am on record as wanting a President who is not a media personality, and has a preference for going under the radar. But the bolded is a frightening alternative...

Another day. Another rumour thread by Trade Draft lol

6fb0d3c333d1b23c66d7d7a61c11fc2a823175ae303cf240b98fd81e2b098977.jpg

For me this is where Eddie puts his money where his mouth is. It's pretty obvious to most people with at least 2 senses that Buckley must go NOW rather than later (so we don't hand GWS pick 1 if nothing else!) He always says he puts the club first. I love Ed, he's been far & away the best Prez in my 45 years, but if he won't get rid of his mate now, that statement is patently false. Buckley said it too, & Eddie said it about Bucks (Puts the club first). Buckley proved that he doesn’t put the club first when he coughed up the usual horse sh*t press con (players fault, not mine) rather than announcing his resignation, he puts his own reputation and vast pay check ahead of the club. And he's put other things ahead of the club in the past. Like getting rid of champions he didn’t like personally.

Ed can stay for mine, but only if he gets us a new coach (preferably Bomber Thompson) in the next few days. Im not prepared to sit and watch a great list being smacked around by rubbish ones. There is no chance on earth that Carlton has a better list than us, or St Kilda or Melbourne, and yet we cross the white line and turn into witches hats. If the players are good enough (and in the last year we've seen many, many proofs of that) the problem is mental, and therefore the responsibility of the coaches. If they can't do this most vital part of their jobs they MUST go, and NOW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me this is where Eddie puts his money where his mouth is. It's pretty obvious to most people with at least 2 senses that Buckley must go NOW rather than later (so we don't hand GWS pick 1 if nothing else!) He always says he puts the club first. I love Ed, he's been far & away the best Prez in my 45 years, but if he won't get rid of his mate now, that statement is patently false. Buckley said it too, & Eddie said it about Bucks (Puts the club first). Buckley proved that he doesn’t put the club first when he coughed up the usual horse sh*t press con (players fault, not mine) rather than announcing his resignation, he puts his own reputation and vast pay check ahead of the club. And he's put other things ahead of the club in the past. Like getting rid of champions he didn’t like personally.

Ed can stay for mine, but only if he gets us a new coach (preferably Bomber Thompson) in the next few days. Im not prepared to sit and watch a great list being smacked around by rubbish ones. There is no chance on earth that Carlton has a better list than us, or St Kilda or Melbourne, and yet we cross the white line and turn into witches hats. If the players are good enough (and in the last year we've seen many, many proofs of that) the problem is mental, and therefore the responsibility of the coaches. If they can't do this most vital part of their jobs they MUST go, and NOW.

Agree. Ed says he is not happy how the Team is going then Change the Head Coach to Start off with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back