Analysis Derek Hine

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing him speak after Cox's contract extension pretty much summed up why he needs to go.

He has had no idea for some time now.
Performances have been completely below par and unacceptable.

He needs to go.

and I guess people on Here could do a Better Job;)

So we are going to Stuff the Off-Season then I guess

Which of the current under 22 players should we not have drafted and who should we have instead?
That's the thing I don't think it's his ability to pick talent, it's more the strategy. Not helped by the footy department changes...five footy directors in five years.

Drafting the same type of player, really poor list management strategy. Maybe he's a good recruiter just not good at list management.

When you consider Buckley and even Ed sit on the list management team how's he supposed to succeed, IMO our drafting and recruiting strategy over the last 6 years has Bucks fingerprints all over it, Hine is simply just another scapegoat.
So the coach should not sit on the list management committee.

For certain things he should be sounded out, like the recruiting of players from other clubs but WTF is the President doing on it? Absolutely laughable, the list manager needs to control the list, not the coach.

For certain things he should be sounded out, like the recruiting of players from other clubs but WTF is the President doing on it? Absolutely laughable, the list manager needs to control the list, not the coach.
Agree about ed, bout l have heard the coach say he has an input but the say

Which of the current under 22 players should we not have drafted and who should we have instead?

That's a question for Hine.

He has failed.......time to move on.........harsh but fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a question for Hine.

He has failed.......time to move on.........harsh but fair.

Does this mean we should have let Moore pass and pick Lever instead?

Why after the draft? Why not before? Why would you shoot a bloke, bang, and then drive him to the bloody hospital?
All the work they have already put in through the year, no one gets replaced till after the trade and draft period is over

Last edited:
No problem with the coach sitting on the list management committee.
The issue arises that everyone else is taking the heat except for the one man who has his fingerprints on everything from list management, to game plan, to assistant appointments.
The Teflon man.

Does this mean we should have let Moore pass and pick Lever instead?

Even I could have picked Moore jmac.......stop being silly.

I am talking about keeping Gault forever on our list........I am talking about getting rid of Cloke without a contingency........I am talking about getting rid of Shaw without a ready made player in his important modern day position..........do I need to keep going on?

Out team is unbalanced because of our list manger D.Hine..........next........

Bucks needs to spend as much time as possible actually coaching the team, let those who are proven in list management do their job.
He does, but all coaches are on list management committees as they should.

Even I could have picked Moore jmac.......stop being silly.

I am talking about keeping Gault forever on our list........I am talking about getting rid of Cloke without a contingency........I am talking about getting rid of Shaw without a ready made player in his important modern day position..........do I need to keep going on?

Out team is unbalanced because of our list manger D.Hine..........next........
Power full forwards don't grow on trees CFC, plus Hine would be given a list of requirements and would have to shop within those parameters.

I swear this site is getting as bad as the Richmond site was a couple of years ago.

He does, but all coaches are on list management committees as they should.
Yes but most coaches actually listen to their list managers, there is no ******* way in hell Hine drafted or recruited all the hacks we've got over the last 7 years on his own, Buckley is a micro manager, this is a very well known fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back