Analysis Derek Hine

Remove this Banner Ad

"Rookie pick 2015.........tell me when to stop mate!"

You know you were being a flog... Don't try and deflect.

Ok then.............:rolleyes:

Aggressive much?
When did I say there wasn't one player better?
All I said was that there were no real standouts at the back end of that draft. Shoot me!
We got a guy who came 7th in the rising star this year at the back end of that draft :p

Papley was hidden and had family connections. He didn't try in the year leading up to his draft.

Hine picks blue collar footballers which Is why it worked so well under Malthouse coaching style. however it does not work well with Buckley because his game plan is centred around skill .

Hine picks blue collar footballers which Is why it worked so well under Malthouse coaching style. however it does not work well with Buckley because his game plan is centred around skill .
Why can't we do both?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got a guy who came 7th in the rising star this year at the back end of that draft :p

Might be a good runner, can't kick the ball for s**t, this is becoming a common occurrence in our squad.

Might be a good runner, can't kick the ball for s**t, this is becoming a common occurrence in our squad.
True, Phillips' kicking is heart in mouth stuff, but Swan couldn't kick for s**t either when he first started.

He's still been pretty decent considering where he was taken in the draft. Better than Sier at least!

Mathieson is one I'm quite glad we bypassed. One of the most dislikable blokes I've seen on the footy field
Absolutely, he's a flog of the highest order, but there's no denying he's been a decent pick up for the Lions.

Our drafting has been diabolical since the Reid/Dawes/Brown draft.

We have picked up some good players, sure, but the planning has been nonexistent. Too many similar types. Other than Moore who was a free hit father son choice, I don't think we picked a KPP in the first three rounds of the main draft in ten years. We have no key position players. I wonder how that happened....

We have picked up some good players, sure, but the planning has been nonexistent. Too many similar types. Other than Moore who was a free hit father son choice, I don't think we picked a KPP in the first three rounds of the main draft in ten years. We have no key position players. I wonder how that happened....

We didn't use a first round on a key position player, except Moore, since 2007. Crazy s**t.

Winning at the draft is not easy - Hine has been pretty good over the years.

I think not having a first round draft pick for two years hurts his cause.

A few things that really sting:

1. Jake Kelly not on our list
2. Tom Stewart not on our list
3. Peter Wright not on our list (took DeGoey at #5)

One problem is that Marsh walked out in February didn't he? Would have been a much better team with him there.

One problem is that Marsh walked out in February didn't he? Would have been a much better team with him there.
No. Marsh walked out during last years trade period. He requested a trade but neither of the WA clubs were interested so he quit and we delisted him.

We have traded our first round pick 5 of the last 10yrs. Plus during that time GWS and GC dominated the 1st rds. Kind of hard to come up with draft gold in that situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back