Opinion Hinesight, Knightsight and Hindsight Nov 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to be very quiet on Broomhead - no mention of him.

And while we are at it, how is the guy you didn't rate Jeremy Howe going? YOU are a REAL good judge.:thumbsu:
Two weeks back from an LTI, what do you want me to do? Scream from the rooftops? Still rate the kid, and confident he'll be a player if he gets a sustained run at it.
On Howe, I can't recall ever saying I didn't rate him, rather than indifferent about him given his inconsistency at Melbourne. If you can bring up a quote of me legitimately potting him I'll be happy to eat my words, because he's been a revelation in defence this year.

Gloating about De Goey being dropped for the first time in 18 rounds and using it as confirmation that the selection committee agree with your thoughts on him is downright bizarre.

Pretty sure dropping to the VFL and writing a player off completely as a dud are two seperate things

Collingwood have dropped Aish White Cloke Brown amongst a number that I can think of who have returned to the seniors after a sabbatical with improved output. De Goey is a victim of being a young inside mid in a team that finally has most of its more senior inside mids back on the park. So hes being played out of position and his form is down. So back to the twos he goes, for a short time.

Hey I am not infallible. See how he goes tonight.

Jury is still well and truly out on Broomhead, De Goey and Scharenberg. Don't start patting yourself on the back just yet.

Pretty sure dropping to the VFL and writing a player off completely as a dud are two seperate things

Collingwood have dropped Aish White Cloke Brown amongst a number that I can think of who have returned to the seniors after a sabbatical with improved output. De Goey is a victim of being a young inside mid in a team that finally has most of its more senior inside mids back on the park. So hes being played out of position and his form is down. So back to the twos he goes, for a short time.

No VFL this week Sadly

Two weeks back from an LTI, what do you want me to do? Scream from the rooftops? Still rate the kid, and confident he'll be a player if he gets a sustained run at it.
On Howe, I can't recall ever saying I didn't rate him, rather than indifferent about him given his inconsistency at Melbourne. If you can bring up a quote of me legitimately potting him I'll be happy to eat my words, because he's been a revelation in defence this year.

Gloating about De Goey being dropped for the first time in 18 rounds and using it as confirmation that the selection committee agree with your thoughts on him is downright bizarre.

Not just the thoughts in the post.

Anyway, have a good night.

Jury is still well and truly out on Broomhead, De Goey and Scharenberg. Don't start patting yourself on the back just yet.

I dont want any pat on the back. I want them to succeed. Let's hope Broomhead can string some games together. He has never really done it.

What about when you said Howe was a terrible defender and not even in the class of Langdon? There are others but this should suffice.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/41138733/
Lol. You had to go back to nearly 12 months ago for that, and at that point his work in defence had been average at best. Also, not rating him as a defender does not = not rating him as a player.

I'd be keen to see the others, because at this point it seems like you're clutching at straws.

Edit: just did a search myself. Found a couple of meh, type posts from when we got him coupled with Varcoe references, and one calling him average at best before the trade. I'll stand by that, given that up to that point in his career, he'd been average at best, and he'd had significantly more than the 2-3 years in the system you seem to be affording our kids.

Last edited:
I still think we need a Mature Age Ruckman before a Young Ruck. To help Support Grundy and Cox.

Though it being a Deep Ruck Draft we can look like picking one up in 3rd or Later. As we seen with Grundy Rucks do Drop now in the Draft as they not to look to take Purer Rucks Early in the Draft

As rucks I see Grundy as a lead ruck.

Cox I would feel comfortable with either as a relieving ruck or lead ruck.

Then Moore and White would still be there as further players able to fill in the relieving ruck role.

I don't believe in draft depth for the sake of depth. If a Will Minson is willing to sign on as a rookie, or a similar veteran ruckman. That would be more the situation I would consider looking at a more mature ruckman - with their veteran leadership something that would be beneficial to Grundy and Cox developmentally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back