Opinion Hinesight, Knightsight and Hindsight Nov 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

When were you planning on editing the hindsight part of your OP Knightmare? Would be an interesting read. Personally I can't see many players taken after ours who turned out much better

Tim O'Brien and Tim Membery wouldn't be bad for Kennedy and Broomhead.

Hrovat probably is the only one that meets our similar to Kennedy and Broomhead that you would consider.

Tim O'Brien and Tim Membery wouldn't be bad for Kennedy and Broomhead.

Hrovat probably is the only one that meets our similar to Kennedy and Broomhead that you would consider.
Hard to make a call with kennedy because he's looking quite good now and we've already traded him for half of Howe. Not sure hrovats done much for the dogs either?

Hard to make a call with kennedy because he's looking quite good now and we've already traded him for half of Howe. Not sure hrovats done much for the dogs either?

Yea even Hrovats a bit of push. I remember watching him last year I think, he wasnt too bad. He might struggle to make it back into the dogs team

When were you planning on editing the hindsight part of your OP Knightmare? Would be an interesting read. Personally I can't see many players taken after ours who turned out much better

Just updated the original post for you with my view in hindsight. Hopefully haven't missed anyone, but I'm sure someone will let me know if I have.

Broomhead I was very close to including as I still really like his talent - but due to injuries and not enough games left him out for now. Jack Frost close but I favoured Marcus Adams based on long term projection.

Jake Lloyd can also be considered unlucky and has a strong case but at the end of the day there are just a few others I like more on long term projection.

Just updated the original post for you with my view in hindsight. Hopefully haven't missed anyone, but I'm sure someone will let me know if I have.

Broomhead I was very close to including as I still really like his talent - but due to injuries and not enough games left him out for now. Jack Frost close but I favoured Marcus Adams based on long term projection.

Jake Lloyd can also be considered unlucky and has a strong case but at the end of the day there are just a few others I like more on long term projection.

I'm really glad you mentioned Lloyd.

There seems to be a number of posters that are down on Broomhead currently, but pound for pound he edges Lloyd, IMO. The key difference along the way has been the development of the two coupled with our high performance strategies with Broomhead. The poor kid has been sent back on the ground 3 times in the past 12 months following in game injuries. It's just crazy!!

Once he gets a clear run at it we'll start to see footy from him on par with Lloyd at a minimum. Unfortunately though I'm resigned to the fact that we'll likely loose him due to the poor work of our football department and, like Kennedy, it'll come back to bite us on the arse...

I'm really glad you mentioned Lloyd.

There seems to be a number of posters that are down on Broomhead currently, but pound for pound he edges Lloyd, IMO. The key difference along the way has been the development of the two coupled with our high performance strategies with Broomhead. The poor kid has been sent back on the ground 3 times in the past 12 months following in game injuries. It's just crazy!!

Once he gets a clear run at it we'll start to see footy from him on par with Lloyd at a minimum. Unfortunately though I'm resigned to the fact that we'll likely loose him due to the poor work of our football department and, like Kennedy, it'll come back to bite us on the arse...

Lloyd on present performance definitely requires at leas ta mention and acknowledgement.

Broomhead has been incredibly unlucky with injury. The talent is there - footskills, vision, decision making ability, pace, contested ball winning ability, finishing ability, strong mark and very good at ground level. He has all the attributes. Just needs a good run with injury.

No way I'd trade Broomhead. It would take a high level established player for me to contemplate it. He has the scope if things go right to be a best 10 on list player. And that chance to become that still is there for him.

Lloyd on present performance definitely requires at leas ta mention and acknowledgement.

Broomhead has been incredibly unlucky with injury. The talent is there - footskills, vision, decision making ability, pace, contested ball winning ability, finishing ability, strong mark and very good at ground level. He has all the attributes. Just needs a good run with injury.

No way I'd trade Broomhead. It would take a high level established player for me to contemplate it. He has the scope if things go right to be a best 10 on list player. And that chance to become that still is there for him.

Doubt it'll be our choice to trade him if he goes!

Knightmare IF Witts is Traded would you look to us Draft Charlie Cameron?

Witts I'm open to trading in the right team, but I'd greedily want more than Charlie Cameron in a trade.

Darcy Cameron as a ruck prospect I'd be open to considering as a rookie. There are around 5-7 worthwhile u18 ruckmen this season, so if Witts was traded, it wouldn't be hard to rookie list one of the young ruckmen this offseason.

Doubt it'll be our choice to trade him if he goes!

Not eligible for free agency.

And unless it's clear that he isn't best 22, he's not necessarily going.

I'd be strongly encouraging Broomhead to stay, and make clear what he has the scope to be on our team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts I'm open to trading in the right team, but I'd greedily want more than Charlie Cameron. This may mean that Witts goes as part of a larger package to attract a higher level talent. Perhaps in a two for one deal, or something along those lines, with a view towards upgrading the clubs best 22.

Not eligible for free agency.

And unless it's clear that he isn't best 22, he's not necessarily going.

I'd be strongly encouraging Broomhead to stay, and make clear what he has the scope to be on our team.

I know his status KM and just because he's a talent we'll want to keep it doesn't necessarily mean we'll be able too.

Much like Aish, IMO, he'll seek a change of scenery once his contract ends post 2016.

What about recruiting too many of the same types. We have way too many midfielders on our list that forces De Goey to play as a forward, forces Taylor Adams to play off half back.

Our key position depth is poor, our best key position forward prospect is an American that has played less than 30 games total in aussie rules. And in defence, we don't have anyone in the VFL likely to come through - unless you are counting on Lachlie Keeffe, back from a year suspension to become an AFL regular (a longshot imo).

We have no small forwards after Elliott and Fasolo.

And I don't think the small/mid defender depth is good too, given we have had to put Adams and Howe in defense, which wasn't the intention at the start of the season.

Purely from a positional point of view, the make up of our list is way too top heavy on midfielders, way too bottom on other positions.

Adams Howe and Collingwood have been at there best with them playing at half back.

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

Witts I'm open to trading in the right team, but I'd greedily want more than Charlie Cameron in a trade.

Darcy Cameron as a ruck prospect I'd be open to considering as a rookie. There are around 5-7 worthwhile u18 ruckmen this season, so if Witts was traded, it wouldn't be hard to rookie list one of the young .

Darcy is the one I was thinking of and I heard been having good WAFL Season.

Would we want to go young again this Off-season with a Young Ruckman with Grundy?

Adams Howe and Collingwood have been at there best with them playing at half back.

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

I still think Adams best in the In and Under. Though him playing well off Half-Back give him Versatility

Darcy is the one I was thinking of and I heard been having good WAFL Season.

Would we want to go young again this Off-season with a Young Ruckman with Grundy?

By going with a young 18 year old ruckman it would be simply stockpiling long term, acknowledging that Grundy and Cox are our ruckmen. Just to add to our eventual long term depth, to have someone developing and playing in the VFL with the view to be developed in their mid 20s, and maybe contest with Grundy and/or Cox for a position then.

Adding a young ruckman is by no means a need. But with the depth of good ruckmen this year. It's something I'm open to, just to capitalise on that. As in the rookie draft there are a few ruckman who should be available and have the scope to become AFL standard, with good development and if they put in the work.

By going with a young 18 year old ruckman it would be simply stockpiling long term, acknowledging that Grundy and Cox are our ruckmen. Just to add to our eventual long term depth, to have someone developing and playing in the VFL with the view to be developed in their mid 20s, and maybe contest with Grundy and/or Cox for a position then.

Adding a young ruckman is by no means a need. But with the depth of good ruckmen this year. It's something I'm open to, just to capitalise on that. As in the rookie draft there are a few ruckman who should be available and have the scope to become AFL standard, with good development and if they put in the work.

I still think we need a Mature Age Ruckman before a Young Ruck. To help Support Grundy and Cox.

Though it being a Deep Ruck Draft we can look like picking one up in 3rd or Later. As we seen with Grundy Rucks do Drop now in the Draft as they not to look to take Purer Rucks Early in the Draft

Again with your ad hominem abuse.

If you recruit an injury prone player and he ends up being injury prone, I would call that dumb. Scharenberg had SERIOUS problems with his feet. Now he has had 2 ACLs both of which were no contact injuries. We may as well start calling him Lee Walker. He has been nothing but a disastrous pick 6.

I see you dropped the Freeman abuse of me. A disaster at Pick 10.

Grundy is the world's tallest half forward flanker. He strike fear into no one except Jarrod Witts. His best year was 2013. A disaster at pick 18.

Kennedy is hopeless. He did some good things yesterday but a lot of s**t things like at Collingwood. Not a first rounder's a-hole. And more relevant, GONE from Collingwood. A waste at pick 19.

Broomhead is a head case. Four seasons of tripe. Good player improve, he has not moved on iota from his first season and will be gone by this season's end. A waste at pick 20.

That is 5 first round draft picks wasted by Hine.

If a player doesn't prepare properly off field to be at his best physically for senior football, then you SHOULD CARE what they do off the field. Only an uninformed fanboy wouldn't.

De Goey should take a leaf out of his former team mates' books, Phillips and Crocker. THEY are fully professional. DE Goey let down his whole team as did Adams. At least Adams has some points on the board but it was laughable of a bloated Mick McGuane to put him up for captaincy NOW. He has to show he has earned it and that wont happed overnight.

Looks like my thoughts on De Goey are also shared by the selection committee. Rohan (Tateson) are you going to send a tweet to Jordan again updating him on my thoughts? LOL!

Looks like my thoughts on De Goey are also shared by the selection committee. Rohan (Tateson) are you going to send a tweet to Jordan again updating him on my thoughts? LOL!
Second year player dropped towards the end of the year after playing every game thus far. What a disaster.

Almost as big of a disaster as Grundy. What a disaster he's turning out to be.

Your thoughts on Grundy look like being pure garbage.

Second year player dropped towards the end of the year after playing every game thus far. What a disaster.

Almost as big of a disaster as Grundy. What a disaster he's turning out to be.

You seem to be very quiet on Broomhead - no mention of him.

And while we are at it, how is the guy you didn't rate Jeremy Howe going? YOU are a REAL good judge.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back