Rumour Hinkley gone before the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Rucci the to$$er decided to mix things up by saying Neele is going to Port.

Says the guy whose franchise has got a 'rent free' lease from the SANFL for their training ground for the next 40 years. It's amazing how much money you can put in the bank with a welfare payment like that! #crowslogic

All 18 clubs are technically franchises. This is the definition of a franchise:

an authorization granted by a government or company to an individual or group enabling them to carry out specified commercial activities

The afl has granted each of the clubs licence to operate in its competition.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
All 18 clubs are technically franchises. This is the definition of a franchise:

an authorization granted by a government or company to an individual or group enabling them to carry out specified commercial activities

The afl has granted each of the clubs licence to operate in its competition.
Yep, the AFL ultimately own all branding etc of all clubs making it hard if not impossible for a club to walk out to another proposed comp with their same branding, logos etc.
it'll hurt a lot of Port people to acknowledge that they are indeed just another franchise.

it'll hurt a lot of Port people to acknowledge that they are indeed just another franchise.

everyone knows the AFL has 18 licenses for 18 franchises. it's the people that set each other apart and we are nothing like you. we behave like we've followed a club from one comp to the other and you behave like you follow one of the AFLs expansion licenses. that is the difference.

Sep 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
everyone knows the AFL has 18 licenses for 18 franchises. it's the people that set each other apart and we are nothing like you. we behave like we've followed a club from one comp to the other and you behave like you follow one of the AFLs expansion licenses. that is the difference.
care to explain these differences...

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
So according to you the fact that I've followed my SANFL club for over 30 years through grand finals, wooden spoons and premierships and still to this day, is somehow invalid to your myopic thinking just because you feel the need to pidgeon hole me, as an Adelaide supporter in the AFL.
It's a totally failed theory you put forward. What about the Norwood supporter or Sturt supporter that follows Power in the AFL? How do they behave not having one team go over to the AFL? Are they invalid?
What about the Port supporter that grew up supporting Collingwood or Geelong in the VFL and continue to do so even though their SANFL club are in the AFL? Are they invalid?
Stop being a peanut and come up with a decent argument.

So according to you the fact that I've followed my SANFL club for over 30 years through grand finals, wooden spoons and premierships and still to this day, is somehow invalid to your myopic thinking just because you feel the need to pidgeon hole me, as an Adelaide supporter in the AFL.
It's a totally failed theory you put forward. What about the Norwood supporter or Sturt supporter that follows Power in the AFL? How do they behave not having one team go over to the AFL? Are they invalid?
What about the Port supporter that grew up supporting Collingwood or Geelong in the VFL and continue to do so even though their SANFL club are in the AFL? Are they invalid?
Stop being a peanut and come up with a decent argument.

yeesh :eek: i don't even know what you are replying to. i was just speaking of the culture of the supporters being the essence of the club that lives on. there is no argument, only observations, and obviously some generalising. no need to mention sturt or collingwood or geelong..

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
yeesh :eek: i don't even know what you are replying to. i was just speaking of the culture of the supporters being the essence of the club that lives on. there is no argument, only observations, and obviously some generalising. no need to mention sturt or collingwood or geelong..
Why am I not surprised that a Port supporter can't hold a valid debate.

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
When a McDonald's pops up down the street because they aren't in that area, it's a little bit like how a club wants to be in another league so it pops up in that league. Like a franchise.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh I see, it's the vibe of the thing!

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker

Except 90% of your fans used to be crows fans.
But of course that's conveniently forgotten isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back