News Hinkley is staying -3 year contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which are better seats, Southern stand 2nd level (Platinum) or Black Diamond?
Black Diamond isn't under cover but Southern stand sun in eyes?
Just opinion from anyone who has sat in each/ either area.

The Eastern stand (incl. Black Diamond) is the worst for sun in your eyes, in the first few weeks of the season anyway.

Ah thanks. Strange when they are the most expensive seats.

To be honest the lower southern stand seats probably have issues with the sun early season too. I would base my decision on whether you like side on or being up an end of the ground, rather than trying to second guess the sun. I sit in Black Diamond but the second tier in the southern stand is an awesome area too.

I ignore that board and looks like I have plenty of good reasons to do so.

Denham has an agenda re Port and it appears a few others have joined him. I will start a thread about this later today as I have been collecting some stuff about him and others. This didnt just come out of the blue for no reason.
Denham has an agenda against Koch ... and my guess is that his deep throat has been Mark Evans.

You may recall a few months ago he wrote a feature article on the Suns, with The Australian admitting he had been the guest of the club, doubtless invited by Evans.
The article was miserable, long but miserable, nothing positive to report, spending a lot of space on the dearth of sponsorship as evidenced by the no-name back of guernsey, an indictment on Cochrane and his supposed China connections.

Denham has an agenda against Koch ... and my guess is that his deep throat has been Mark Evans.

You may recall a few months ago he wrote a feature article on the Suns, with The Australian admitting he had been the guest of the club, doubtless invited by Evans.
The article was miserable, long but miserable, nothing positive to report, spending a lot of space on the dearth of sponsorship as evidenced by the no-name back of guernsey, an indictment on Cochrane and his supposed China connections.
Yes that's what I have collated, the Port has gone all Hollywood article in February - snort - bagging Koch and that Port has achieved nothing, the China related article in May or June and these two.

He also seems like he genuinely has no idea. The lack of fact-checking on that petulant Hinxon blurb in the preseason was diabolical.

To be honest the lower southern stand seats probably have issues with the sun early season too. I would base my decision on whether you like side on or being up an end of the ground, rather than trying to second guess the sun. I sit in Black Diamond but the second tier in the southern stand is an awesome area too.
I moved from there (black diamond) to the southern because of the sun. It was boiling some days.

I moved from there (black diamond) to the southern because of the sun. It was boiling some days.

I'm in the first tier of the Riverdance Stand. It's relatively protected from the elements, but on sunny days you get baked, especially as the sun drops over the back of the AO members' wing.

In high summer you wouldn't dare leave the Magarey Room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't want Ken sacked, we wanted Ken to earn an extension. He had 12 months to go, we should have used it.
How did you think the collingwood scenario played out with players etc having to answer continual questions about their coach and their future. It wasnt good. The club felt Ken was the right choice and moved on it. Well done to them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm in the first tier of the Riverdance Stand. It's relatively protected from the elements, but on sunny days you get baked, especially as the sun drops over the back of the AO members' wing.

In high summer you wouldn't dare leave the Magarey Room.
It's not as bad though as you have the bars and corridors for respite and it goes earlier. There are no special bars for BD.

Outside of the fact that we were one umpire reaming away from finishing the H&A season second?

We had two games this year where we undoubtedly shat the bed, against Essendon and the Crows. Every team has them. One of this year's flag favourites list to non-finalist St Kilda by about fourteen goals, and the other went 64-0 down to ****ing North Melbourne.

Outside of those two games, we've won or been thereabouts in every game we've played this year. Even in a lot of the games we've lost, i.e Melbourne, West Coast x 2, Richmond, we've had periods of absolute dominance but haven't always been able to convert them on the scoreboard. It's easy to blame forward structure and therefore Ken, but realistically, what has Ken had to work with? Outside of Dixon, we have two utilities who have never been able to cut it as permanent forwards (Trengove and Hoff), one SANFL player who no AFL club saw fit to draft until the second round of the rookie draft after his 27th birthday (Eddy), an untried young ruckman still learning his forward craft (Frampton) and a skinny teenager who might blow away in a stiff breeze (Marshall). It's no surprise that we struggled to make a workable forward structure out of that. We looked like we were somewhat getting there when Marshall was called up, but then Dixon, Wingard, Gray and Boak managed to kick 14 behinds, out on the fulls or not make the distances against the Eagles. We still had 26 scoring shots to 18 that night. Ken wasn't the one out there kicking those behinds. You could argue that Dixon was shagged from his exhausting role and that caused him to miss a few, but Wingard/Gray/Boak have no such excuse.

The forward structure is the one thing between us and a premiership. Our current game plan has us dominating in our backline and dominating the middle of the ground with repeat forward 50 entries. If we can convert more of those inside 50 dominant performances into goals, we're as good a chance as any. Next year, with another year of development into Marshall and Frampton and a second AFL preseason's worth of fitness work into Eddy, our personnel to actually create a workable forward structure looks a lot better. Adding a proven goal kicker in Steven Motlop to the mix ahead of the White/Impey/AJ/Neade merry-go-round won't hurt either.

We fix the forward line, we can win the flag. This is going to be the first year of Ken's tenure that we've had two legitimate key forward options on the list (and no, the 60 year old man wearing Jay Schulz as a bodysuit last year doesn't count). If Brett Eddy can get his fitness up to AFL level with another preseason under his belt, we'll have three. Ken's had 5 years at the helm without ever getting our forward line fully functional, yes, but he's also never had the forward line personnel at his disposal that he'll have next year.
Love this recon your bang on

Gossip Girl at the Age was also into the wild speculation in today's article on the Hinkley extension.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/port-a...imes-for-gold-coast-suns-20170919-gykrz7.html
Early on Monday, when the Port board held an unscheduled meeting, Hinkley had already been offered a two-year extension on significantly better money than his previous long-term deal. The best the coach of five years could have hoped for one week earlier was a third year on performance terms.But by the time the Port directors broke up on Monday, chief executive Keith Thomas was given the green light to improve that offer and the instruction to resolve the stand-off whatever it took. Hinkley, having already achieved contrition from his chairman, David Koch, received the extension he requested with no performance clause.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/port-a...imes-for-gold-coast-suns-20170919-gykrz7.html
So who told Caro about the perfomance clause going out? Donna? Ken? Port officials?? Surely the contract wasnt approved by the AFL and her leaker there got to her in time. Rucci on his 5AA segment talked about it being a performance based contract and that Ken's base hasn't changed much but the incentives for performance have been cranked up.

His next task is to demonstrate what he and his team can achieve without feeling as though they are working under some form of old-style Port Magpies stranglehold. Koch deserves much credit for putting his hand up to Ken and Donna Hinkley, having already achieved so much since he arrived at Alberton. Koch is another in a long line of high-profile club presidents who largely deserve credit but struggle to delineate between appeasing the faithful and supporting his coach and his team. Say what you like about the fact that players and coaches are well rewarded for what they do but the sporting landscape has changed and those living within it are not prepared to be publicly targeted by their bosses any more and coaches are increasingly demanding to control the message and prioritise unity more than ever before.
So how does she know what was said? What is this "some form of old-style Port Magpies stranglehold" bullshit? So now the sporting landscape for those who have bugger all life experience outside the footy industry is that you cant criticise them? Is that it now!! Thank * for Sam Powell-Pepper who has the guts to be brutally honest about his past and his parents * ups. No pants wetting from SPP about criticism.

And Gold Coast? The club had every right to court Hinkley and risk looking a little foolish. But Suns bosses, contrary to some reports, were never confident they had landed the man who loomed as the ideal candidate for that floundering football club. They even a feared early on Monday that they had been played by Hinkley's management — again not right. Even if the concern over Koch's style and subsequent stand-off landed the coach a significantly better deal this was more than a negotiation, less than a threat best described as an ultimatum.
Yep morals officer Gossip Girl says its fine to induce someone out of their legally binding contract, ie break the law, because we have to save the AFL expansion at all costs, because I couldn't bully North up there, but 2 consenting adults at work can't shag, because I'm a morals officer and I don't like it.

Ken and Donna Hinkley wanted security. Hinkley did not want to coach with a metaphoric gun to his head and whatever you say about the team's improvement this year the coach was adamant the extra pressure did not help. And his wife genuinely found the fishbowl environment in Adelaide when Hinkley felt his job was on the line completely unpleasant. That message was conveyed clearly to Koch on Saturday and the chairman to his credit took that on board. Which leaves the Gold Coast searching still for a coach.........
Oh its tough to be a highly paid individual. When you are getting $500k+ a year and in the highest 0.5% of employees in the country, guess what, the job comes with pressure and public scrutiny.

Hi.

I don't think it's a bad decision. Only I think the club could have held off a bit, and perhaps a 3 year extension isn't warranted currently, but it's good that we aren't chopping and changing.

Wouldn't want to be 4-7 or 5-6 at the halfway point in 2018 that's for sure.
Welcome, and I agree.

Gossip Girl at the Age was also into the wild speculation in today's article on the Hinkley extension.

So who told Caro about the perfomance clause going out? Donna? Ken? Port officials?? Surely the contract wasnt approved by the AFL and her leaker there got to her in time. Rucci on his 5AA segment talked about it being a performance based contract and that Ken's base hasn't changed much but the incentives for performance have been cranked up.

So how does she know what was said? What is this "some form of old-style Port Magpies stranglehold" bullshit? So now the sporting landscape for those who have bugger all life experience outside the footy industry is that you cant criticise them? Is that it now!! Thank **** for Sam Powell-Pepper who has the guts to be brutally honest about his past and his parents **** ups. No pants wetting from SPP about criticism.

Yep morals officer Gossip Girl says its fine to induce someone out of their legally binding contract, ie break the law, because we have to save the AFL expansion at all costs, because I couldn't bully North up there, but 2 consenting adults at work can't shag, because I'm a morals officer and I don't like it.

Oh its tough to be a highly paid individual. When you are getting $500k+ a year and in the highest 0.5% of employees in the country, guess what, the job comes with pressure and public scrutiny.
Most of her inside information comes from the AFL does it not? Above reads like someone at AFL house or someone recently departed has feed her their version of events.

So how does she know what was said? What is this "some form of old-style Port Magpies stranglehold" bullshit? So now the sporting landscape for those who have bugger all life experience outside the footy industry is that you cant criticise them? Is that it now!! Thank **** for Sam Powell-Pepper who has the guts to be brutally honest about his past and his parents **** ups. No pants wetting from SPP about criticism.

What a total total cow she is.

So how does she know what was said? What is this "some form of old-style Port Magpies stranglehold" bullshit?

It's right there in the article:

Koch is another in a long line of high-profile club presidents who largely deserve credit but struggle to delineate between appeasing the faithful and supporting his coach and his team.

She means a club where the players and coach are accountable to the members, like back in the old days. Which worked in a semi-professional environment, but in a professional one it actually hinders success because most members don't have a clue about modern football and how it is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back