News Hinkley is staying -3 year contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying it would expose his inability to actually play as a trad tall forward he's a 6'6 running goal sneak.

This exactly. Jenkins does a good job at Adelaide but if he was lone wolf he would get found out big time. As a Kpf he really is a fraud and probably part of the reason he turned down bigger contracts else where.

I don't have an issue with the comments made by Koch. He was only saying what most of us were thinking.
He has been accused of making us a vanilla club. It's about time the club and media toughened up a bit.
There have been many out spoken presidents in the AFL, so what is their agenda with Koch.
* the media we need our club to eat a big fat bag of concrete. Koch says it how it is. If coach & players don't like it then they'd be ordered to watch 1000's of hours of good ol magpie footage to remind these flakes what we stand for. Ken better fukn deliver or I'll flip !!

I like Caro. One of the best in the business.

I can't stand journalists who write stories as if they were in the room at the time, when quite clearly they weren't. Even though this is a common enough device in journalism and the info they're putting out may have come directly from someone who was in the room, it immediately makes me think that they are just making s**t up, or at best concocting something out of very little to suit whatever agenda they may have.

In regards to what Kochie said, how many people looked closer at the substance. We had a chance to beat Wet Toast on our home Deck. We were a few defenders down and Marshall up front was up against McGovern. The first three goals cam down to Doogs inability to spoil. I don't blame him, I think he was nervous and started very slow. He definitely mis-timed his spoil. He may be the future but look how many senior players we had in the SANFL with only a couple injured. This is where the comment about youth vs senior players came and to be fair, if the senior can't play in front of the kids we have a serious list problem or mistakes were made at selection. You can't have it both ways.

In regards to what Kochie said, how many people looked closer at the substance. We had a chance to beat Wet Toast on our home Deck. We were a few defenders down and Marshall up front was up against McGovern. The first three goals cam down to Doogs inability to spoil. I don't blame him, I think he was nervous and started very slow. He definitely mis-timed his spoil. He may be the future but look how many senior players we had in the SANFL with only a couple injured. This is where the comment about youth vs senior players came and to be fair, if the senior can't play in front of the kids we have a serious list problem or mistakes were made at selection. You can't have it both ways.
My feeling is that it was a bit of a dig about going in a little inexperienced.

Thought we looked way off a top 4 side for most of the year so I still have doubts we can eliminate that gap next year. But having said that I thought the club was at least moving in the right direction towards the end of the year with its 'out with the old' and 'in with the new' policy. You can tell Dougal's going to be a player even Marshall. Can still remember that scintillating run from Bonner against West Coast.

It's normally your elite players that have a large bearing on the outcome of a game but I thought our fringe players hurt us in games that count this season. Would like to see them replaced by Motlop and our other promising kids.
Why is Motlop wanted?
Is he any good?
Doesn't he go missing a lot ( more than Daniel)

That's exactly what I said. The attitude of , we dont care what the paid up members think of it , is of no consequence . Will get us back to tarps days , no one on here agrees with 3+ years and for good reason , and telling us to just settle down and accept it will hasten KT's departure , bank on it.
What about the paid up members that are ok with it?
I get your point but i'm not going to waste time worrying about whats already done. Bigger things in life than just footy.
Ken got his contract whether we agree or not and i liked the selections of the last few weeks. If we kept going in with the same tried and failed then i would be pissed off immensely and calling for heads.We tried something different and rolled the dice. If we kicked straight the Eagles game wouldve been won.
In the unpopular opinions thread i stated that we weren't going to win a flag so lets play the kids, i pretty much got what i wanted although i wouldve liked at least another final for the likes of Houston, Bonner, SPP,Marshall etc.
I'm ok with it all at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My feeling is that it was a bit of a dig about going in a little inexperienced.
Agreed, but then that means we need to cut a pretty sizable chunk of the list and trade one of Trengove or Pittard. We need to address the abysmal performances against top 8 teams and we need to sort out our inefficiency in the middle. Sure we have bigger bodies and the best tap Ruckman but we handball like amateurs and we are too reactive in the way we play.

Why is Motlop wanted?
Is he any good?
Motlop is needed because as it stands, S Gary is our third best forward, behind Dixon and whichever of Gray/Wingard are not in the middle.

This is not a knock on S Gary - I've argued before that his best suited role is as the link up player thta runs hard, makes space, delivers to the dangerous forwards, and catches defenders napping. This year he had to do all that whilst also being in our top three scoring options. Too much for one little Gary to manage.

Motlop allows Gary to play his natural role, and acts as a foil for Gray/Wingard. Add big Toddy Marshall to the mix and R21 to QF Neade to the mix and suddenly we have 4 dangerous forwards with a couple of hardworking role players making space, feeding them the ball and locking it in if we turn it over.

Why is Motlop wanted?
Is he any good?
He can be inconsistent but his good is very good. Was one of Geelong's better players last week in a clutch game. Just better, and by a fair margin, than our fringe players

Agreed, but then that means we need to cut a pretty sizable chunk of the list and trade one of Trengove or Pittard. We need to address the abysmal performances against top 8 teams and we need to sort out our inefficiency in the middle. Sure we have bigger bodies and the best tap Ruckman but we handball like amateurs and we are too reactive in the way we play.
Well you summed that up in a nut shell. I agree with all you have said in this post and I feel the same.

I accept the vocal majority are not happy. I really do. The majority of posts are about posters not happy. That is absolutely clear. It is beyond doubt as it has been repeated ad infinitum. People are not happy. I get it. yes I get it. People are pissed off. People will hand in memberships. Yes we have been duped. Ken has played us for fools. KT and KOchie have no idea.
Yes I get it. :rolleyes:
But, the deal has been done.
I'm ok with it.

FTFY

I guess we will never know if this current group was capable of a premiership

Cheers to another 3 years of mediocrity, awful selections and a complete lack of any tactical nous in the coaching box

I accept it too, because I have to.

I will also remain a member long after Ken has left the building because he is only a servant of the club. In the meantime I will continue to complain long and hard until he does anything remotely worth congratulating.

I'm sure you'll complain long and hard well after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back