Rumour Hinkley to coach Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team seem to be hoping that a bit of Geelong rubs off on them if they associate with ex Geelong players/staff

A good bloke, in my best team (see other post) and I wish him all the best if he gets it... except against the Cats of course. That would mean Neeldy, Sando, McCartneyee, Kenny and oh umm oh yeah Bomber, all at other Clubs, with (Chris) Scotty moonlighting at the Roos.

Hinkley is hardly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Why he hasn't got a senior coaching gig before this is still one of the mysteries of the modern era. A very good Coach with so much experience it isn't funny. I hope he gets it even if it is a s**t club like Port.

Hinkley is hardly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Why he hasn't got a senior coaching gig before this is still one of the mysteries of the modern era. A very good Coach with so much experience it isn't funny. I hope he gets it even if it is a s**t club like Port.
Agree. It is about time. I am thrilled it appears he will land the job.

A good bloke, in my best team (see other post) and I wish him all the best if he gets it... except against the Cats of course. That would mean Neeldy, Sando, McCartneyee, Kenny and oh umm oh yeah Bomber, all at other Clubs, with (Chris) Scotty moonlighting at the Roos.
And Blight who know effectively coaches GC.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will not survive the next TV rights...dark days for them they are in massive trouble.

and then there's a few assistants - Tudor [syd],Playfair [syd],Buddha [Port],King [Dogs],Egan [Bummers],milburn [Crows],Barnes [Coll],Aaron Greaves [Melb],James Byrne [Ess]

Well, they are now run (and financed) by the AFL, and I suspect that the reason is precisely to make sure there is a SA TV match each round.

Yeah but they arent going to prop them up forever unless they can get their act together.
They obviously have a terrible culture and IMO they hedge all their bets on their history with the port magpies.

I wonder if Boak is sitting back thinking "s**t, what have I done...."

I don't think he'll take it. He's said he's sick of the interview process and he'll know he was a last resort choice. Plus he has to work for this knob...

241109-kochie-box-400x300-15ma1iq.jpg

Yeah but they arent going to prop them up forever unless they can get their act together.
They obviously have a terrible culture and IMO they hedge all their bets on their history with the port magpies.

I wonder if Boak is sitting back thinking "s**t, what have I done...."

Well, it's the AFL who's picked the entire Board, so it must be the AFL at fault if it fails; and I can't see them admitting that - but I might be wrong, there's a first time for everything.
And just look at how many times and how long they propped up the Channel 7 Swans for precisely the same reason, namely TV payouts.

Many moons ago I called this....

Of course that was in a pre red carded existence so finding and bumping the post is about impossible....

Kenny from Camperdown one of my all time fav's - hope he gets time and space to do his thing... Best of luck to him. A great coah of younger talent too I believe...

GO Catters

I worked with Ken up until 10 years ago before he took on the assistant coaching role at Geelong. He is a top bloke, very genuine and he's definitely a people's person. He will develop a great raport with his players and will do everything right, his only undoing may be the poor environment he's in. I really hope that for his sake Port turn things around because he deserves better than to be thrown on the scrap heap after a couple of seasons for stuff outside of his control.

My sympathies to Hinkley if he takes the job...poor bastard
Leigh Mathews once said -"Sometimes the hardest thing about AFL coaching -is getting a bloody job in the 1st place"

I think Hinkley will do allright -Port are at rock bottom -but you would reckon his priority would be to dramatically improve their skill level

Many moons ago I called this....

Of course that was in a pre red carded existence so finding and bumping the post is about impossible....

Kenny from Camperdown one of my all time fav's - hope he gets time and space to do his thing... Best of luck to him. A great coah of younger talent too I believe...

GO Catters

How bloody long did they card you for Daz? Bunch of sooks!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back