wirra44

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Force,WAWarriors,SA Spurs
Since pre-season i have been having bad hip problems. It all started about 2 weeks into pre-season training when i noticed a slight pain in my hips it wasnt that bad but it was enough to effect my running and sprinting. As the season has started and i have played a few games the pain in my hips hasn't gone away. I always get it while training, playing a game and after a game(a few days after). I have also noticed that when i push into the bone of my hips there is pain. Its very annoying as i can not run to the best of my abilty which means i am not playing good footy. Any one had this before? any one know what it could be:confused:

I'd go see a chiropractor/physio/sports med.

I've personally had hip problems with a hip bursa (fluid sac) being inflamed, pain on the hip itself and at it's worst would run down towards my knee. Was treated by rest, and ultrasound by the chiro.

Since pre-season i have been having bad hip problems. It all started about 2 weeks into pre-season training when i noticed a slight pain in my hips it wasnt that bad but it was enough to effect my running and sprinting. As the season has started and i have played a few games the pain in my hips hasn't gone away. I always get it while training, playing a game and after a game(a few days after). I have also noticed that when i push into the bone of my hips there is pain. Its very annoying as i can not run to the best of my abilty which means i am not playing good footy. Any one had this before? any one know what it could be:confused:
Have had problems with hips and lead to problems with knee, hamstring soreness and kicking penetration, found the best solution was a lot of glute stretches which has proven very helpfull.

Have had problems with hips and lead to problems with knee, hamstring soreness and kicking penetration, found the best solution was a lot of glute stretches which has proven very helpfull.

yeah i went to the physio about it and the physio said do alot of hamstring and glute stretches. which i have been doing for the past week. i went to training last night and very sore especially after training.

I would also see a chriopractor the hips/ other body parts could be mis-aligned pain wont go away until this is corrected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back