Hird embroiled in drugs scandal..more on the Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that drug cheating is far more prevalent in sports that are individual and are more about the actual physical athletic performance.

The two extremes are track and cricket. One is pure athletics and PEDs will be of great help, the other is 100% skill and the only reason you'd need PEDs is to overcome a shoulder injury!

I used to say the same thing about salary cap cheating... I used to say... "but other teams do it too"

turns out only a couple of teams showed form in that...I think the other was your mob (bomberblitz love to forget that).. until recently someone else put their hand up.

If they've done something against the rules. As of yet that hasn't been ruled in or out.

I am sure the whole not approved for human use will resonate well with the afl's sense of reputeness (tm)

Lets hope no other club feeds their players dog food... I know it is good for their coats... but it isn't for humans

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coaches-must-set-example-aflpa-20130420-2i7dj.html

AFL Players Association boss Matt Finnis believes it is wrong for coaches to take performance-enhancing substances that players are banned from using, regardless of World Anti-Doping Agency rules.
After saying that some in football need to reorient their ''moral compass'' when it comes to drugs, Finnis said coaches taking WADA prohibited drugs without good reason was ''clearly inconsistent with what you would expect in that role-modelling sense''.
Sports scientist Stephen Dank has claimed he last year regularly injected Essendon coach James Hird with Hexarelin, a substance players are banned from taking under the WADA code. It burns fat, builds muscle and helps recovery by stimulating growth-hormone release.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coaches-must-set-example-aflpa-20130420-2i7dj.html#ixzz2R0jrafYH

Just didn't understand the campaign tonight.

I'd get #standbyessendon but wasn't comprehending the emotive #standbyhird

Not being deliberately provoking, just curious why the fans went the individual angle and not the club?

Not being deliberately provoking, just curious why the fans went the individual angle and not the club?

That you Caro?

Did you spend then entirety of last week on top of a hill, in a cave, under a rock?

The media went all out on Hird, calling for his head and predicting his demise based on unproven allegations and media spin. Essendon people were concerned the club may bow to media/ external pressure and stand him down, therefore we showed our support for Hird to remain coach.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that same support is obviously extended to the players and club as a whole. Our coach and club champion came under fire, we responded. If the players face a similar attack you can expect more trees (and maybe other stuff) to die.

This whole sorry mess is Hird's fault, if he didn't want the program it never would have happened.

It's not the first time he's followed the whatever it takes mantra - whatever it takes to engineer the demise of Knights so he could be drafted in.

If the AFL decides he's brought the game into disrepute, he can be suspended or banned from coaching, regardless of what Essendon or their supporters want.

This whole sorry mess is Hird's fault, if he didn't want the program it never would have happened.

It's not the first time he's followed the whatever it takes mantra - whatever it takes to engineer the demise of Knights so he could be drafted in.

If the AFL decides he's brought the game into disrepute, he can be suspended or banned from coaching, regardless of what Essendon or their supporters want.

Hird does what champions do. they win, they expect performance and do not suffer losers. everyone in the affal aspires to this standard. damn him if he doesnt damn him if he does.

just damn him :rolleyes:

lots of people on the tulla freeway. I thought it was a ticker tape parade for adam scott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Please inform us in the most over dramatic way possible. And please ask us to think about the children!

You lot need to stop ridiculing, bullying and shouting down anyone who has a different opinion.

I suggest you take off your rose coloured glasses and start getting a more balanced view...

Not all unproven have side affects but animal derived ones, do pose a risk,

Hirdy says its ok then it must be

Could an Essendon fan please tell me why Dean Robinson has been stood down, but Hird hasn't?

Because Robinson isn't a club legend.

Why is it you people just can not understand Essendons loyalty to one of their greatest players and families ever.

All through these threads the ridiculing os us for standing by our man is the common theme, look at blackshadows last post, the hatred is obvious for all to see.

It's very obvious why we care so much about OUR man but the real question is why the * do you ....

You lot need to stop ridiculing, bullying and shouting down anyone who has a different opinion.

I suggest you take off your rose coloured glasses and start getting a more balanced view...

No, both Doc Reid and Doc bates said its ok. And ellegedly so did ASADA. And so did the results of the clinical trials into AOD.

But please, tell us your extensive experience of AOD. I'm sure it must have been very unpleasant...

No, both Doc Reid and Doc bates said its ok. And ellegedly so did ASADA. And so did the results of the clinical trials into AOD.

But please, tell us your extensive experience of AOD. I'm sure it must have been very unpleasant...

Lah lah land buddy...

Stop derailing this thread.

Its not bay13

I suggest you need to htfu.

You've come in here ridiculing yourself on several occasions, yet cry like a baby when you get a tiny bit back.

As many have said it's a discussion forum and If you don't like it, the door is over there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back