Hird Sacked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird will just keep on turning up for work, lock himself in his office and work on the Penski file.

Brilliant....the only funny post in this entire sh#thole of a thread. :thumbsu:

This gets more bizarre by the day.

What a f'n circus.

This could only get worse for Essendon if they lose Bomber to the GC.

The way this thing is going, I'm kind of expecting Hird to get the GC job, and Bomber to be unveiled as his senior assistant.

Hird will just keep on turning up for work, lock himself in his office and work on the Penski file.

Whats funnier is that Des Tuddenham actually did it when he was sacked at South Melbourne in 1978.

I thought that similar Seinfeld scene where they tried to fumigate him out of the office was a parody of him.

Last edited:
Pack your bags hird.

I must raise the question:

Is James hird the most disgraced coach in the history of AFL/VFL football?

There is no Hird cult.

If you want to use that kind of language to deride anyone you disagree with, do it on another board.

cult

noun
a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers:
the physical fitness cult.
the object of such devotion.
a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
the members of such a religion or sect.

Based on items 2,3,4,5 & 6, I reckon I'm right on the mark to be honest

Oh b@gger - I've just worked it out.
Essendon need a new coach - someone to pull the club together after this disaster. Has to be an Essendon Legend if he's to get everyone behind him. Has to be a good coach - and with recent coaching experience. Will have to have AFL approval. Now who is available who fits that bill?

He's coming back!
584198-kevin-sheedy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh b@gger - I've just worked it out.
Essendon need a new coach - someone to pull the club together after this disaster. Has to be an Essendon Legend if he's to get everyone behind him. Has to be a good coach - and with recent coaching experience. Will have to have AFL approval. Now who is available who fits that bill?

He's coming back!
584198-kevin-sheedy.jpg

From a neutral, I would wet my pants with excitement if Sheedy again coached Essendon. #standbysheedy

Nominal payout? wonder what is going on with that, still contracted for another 2 years. This will drag on for much longer. Footy the real loser here.

Footy certainly is the real loser here and that's a direct consequence of Hird's actions. What get me is how then can he continue to hold on to AFL awarded trophies, medallions, etc with any pride? He's tarnished his name, brought the game into disrepute, and continues to defy rational calls from his own club to let it go and move on.

He's effectively bitten the hand the feeds him, and now wont let go.

How unbearable is Robbo, seriously.

When he talks it's like listening to one of those self centered senile old men. Everything he says takes about 3 times as long as it should because of the pauses. He thinks he is Shakespeare.[/QUOTE]

'The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.'

He's like the Tom Cruise of the Hird cult

There is no Hird cult.

If you want to use that kind of language to deride anyone you disagree with, do it on another board.

cult

noun
a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers:
the physical fitness cult.
the object of such devotion.
a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
the members of such a religion or sect.

Based on items 2,3,4,5 & 6, I reckon I'm right on the mark to be honest

Hey, the first rule of the Hird Cult is DON"T TALK ABOUT THE HIRD CULT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back