Hird suing insurance for not paying his legal fees

Remove this Banner Ad

Not shore weather youse guys are serious. But I do know the whether up here in Queensland today is awesum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, or is it Hird's argument that some bloke (Young) reckoned Hird had a real good show, and Middleton was full of it? And therefore, Chubb should pay.
Pretty much.

It looks as though Chubb covers you defending yourself.

Hird is arguing that although he was attacking, he was only doing so in order to defend himself.

And it wasn't frivolous, as his lawyers reckoned it was a monty - as long as they copped judges that were as stupid as they were.

Pretty much.

It looks as though Chubb covers you defending yourself.

Hird is arguing that although he was attacking, he was only doing so in order to defend himself.

And it wasn't frivolous, as his lawyers reckoned it was a monty - as long as they copped judges that were as stupid as they were.

I might use this argument with a bookie on my next losing bet.

"But me mate reckoned it couldn't lose!"

"But counsel for Chubb say Hird's decision to take ASADA to court was pre-emptive and attacked an investigation in which no charges had been laid.

"There's not a hint of any concern that he would be charged, or that anybody would allege anything against him," James Peters QC told a Victorian Supreme Court civil trial on Wednesday.

While Chubb's policy allowed for reasonable defence in formal investigations, that coverage did not include Hird's attempts to stop ASADA's investigation in the Federal Court, Mr Peters said.

"The wording speaks about matters that are natural, where Mr Hird is a defendant, not a protagonist to protect his reputation," the barrister said.

While being cross-examined on Tuesday, Hird said he launched legal action against ASADA - even though he risked being sacked by the club for doing so - because he was worried about his job, the players and his reputation.

Hird's cross-examination supports Chubb's submissions the coach's actions were not part of a reasonable defence, Mr Peters said.

"We say that's not a reasonable expense, to protect a reputation," he said on Wednesday."

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/02/17/13/38/asada-criticised-in-hird-case#WOBDX9ogZGKv6rDj.99

"What we got here is....... failure to communicate.

Some men you just can't reach......

View attachment 216943

so we get what we had here last (this) week.....

which is the way he wants it...... well... he GETS it!

View attachment 216945

Now I don't like this any more than you men"

Well actually.......

I am reminded here of Michael Palin in the early part of this:

"But counsel for Chubb say Hird's decision to take ASADA to court was pre-emptive and attacked an investigation in which no charges had been laid.

"There's not a hint of any concern that he would be charged, or that anybody would allege anything against him," James Peters QC told a Victorian Supreme Court civil trial on Wednesday.

While Chubb's policy allowed for reasonable defence in formal investigations, that coverage did not include Hird's attempts to stop ASADA's investigation in the Federal Court, Mr Peters said.

"The wording speaks about matters that are natural, where Mr Hird is a defendant, not a protagonist to protect his reputation," the barrister said.

While being cross-examined on Tuesday, Hird said he launched legal action against ASADA - even though he risked being sacked by the club for doing so - because he was worried about his job, the players and his reputation.

Hird's cross-examination supports Chubb's submissions the coach's actions were not part of a reasonable defence, Mr Peters said.

"We say that's not a reasonable expense, to protect a reputation," he said on Wednesday."

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/02/17/13/38/asada-criticised-in-hird-case#WOBDX9ogZGKv6rDj.99
Don't know how Hird can sit in court and say he was worried about players.
How can he be so sure that his action was not futile if he has no idea what drugs were injected.

Slightly off topic Laphroaig, but based on the above on I am certain you would revel in "Made in America" by the same author.

Oodles of fun and similar.

Apologies if you have already read it but it is a truly entertaining read.

Anyway, back to the galoot and and his tribulations.

Might I recommend Troublesome Words by Mr Bryson?

It's odd that there's suggestion that the same media organisation that inexplicably is the only entity to settle with Dank, is the same one that is being suggested as sorting out Hird's legal bill.

Maybe they are grateful for the three years plus of headlines.

Don't know how Hird can sit in court and say he was worried about players.
How can he be so sure that his action was not futile if he has no idea what drugs were injected.

Hard to prosecute players if the evidence they had was deemed illegal and could not be used.

Like the current appeal, win on a technicality...

It's odd that there's suggestion that the same media organisation that inexplicably is the only entity to settle with Dank, is the same one that is being suggested as sorting out Hird's legal bill.

Oh, what tangled web we weave
When first we practise to deceive!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back