Rumour Hird to be sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
cant help it, gotta get it from somewhere

Ok well if you have to, make sure you look after yourself and wear two dingers.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
No he wont. Will see the year out.
No coach would walk into this shitstorm so its all good and well to sack him but who would come in?
We cant move forward on the coach until the off field stuff is put to bed
Harvey or Bassett could take over for the rest of the season just like Barker has done with Carlton

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Harvey or Bassett could take over for the rest of the season just like Barker has done with Carlton
Differant circumstances. Would think Barker would have designs on getting the job next year and he is auditioning well so far.
Would Bassett or Harvey be prepared to step in for a couple of months only? They wouldnt want the job next year knowing that 1/2 the side could be rubbed out for 2 years and if things went even more pear shaped this year then they would never get a gig anywhere again. Thats why my view is that Hird stays until the end of season and we get the off fiels crap sorted and start with a clean slate and that includes the board

Reality rules

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Me,myself and I
Differant circumstances. Would think Barker would have designs on getting the job next year and he is auditioning well so far.
Would Bassett or Harvey be prepared to step in for a couple of months only? They wouldnt want the job next year knowing that 1/2 the side could be rubbed out for 2 years and if things went even more pear shaped this year then they would never get a gig anywhere again. Thats why my view is that Hird stays until the end of season and we get the off fiels crap sorted and start with a clean slate and that includes the board

It won't be ever resolved with Hird coaching regardless of the outcome of the players, if you think otherwise is foolish. How can 3 if not 4 years wasted will ever be acceptable?

The word around the traps is that Bassett is already making the moves anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abomination

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, don't sack Hird! Please keep him for at least another 2 weeks.

Melbourne has a fantastic track record of causing opposition meltdowns on talkback radio. Sanderson with Adelaide, Malthouse with Carlton, Hardwick with Richmond.. hell, last year the Essendon lynch mob were baying for Bomber's blood and pleading for the return of their Golden Child to the coaches' box.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
If Carlton have any brains they will be right into him too.
Bass wont be at Carlton.
Bass and Trigg have a strong mutual dislike of each other. They both have very large ego's and I cant see either putting this aside, would end in tears very quickly

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The word around the traps is that Bassett is already making the moves anyway.
Not so sure it his him making all the moves. Think there may be people on the board who are pushing his barrow but equally there are board members who dont want him there in any capacity next year. Think there could be some blood spilt before seasons end

Demz

All Australian
Suspended
May 12, 2015
New South Wales
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Not so sure it his him making all the moves. Think there may be people on the board who are pushing his barrow but equally there are board members who dont want him there in any capacity next year. Think there could be some blood spilt before seasons end
think your right there, not just Coach wise either. Admin also

Chatter that the Essendonians have turned also.

No he wont. Will see the year out.
No coach would walk into this shitstorm so its all good and well to sack him but who would come in?
We cant move forward on the coach until the off field stuff is put to bed

I can think of two

The great tanned one will coach you, if he gets a five year deal and the coin you would normally pay your assistants with

Then if course there is Ayresy!!!!!

DERIBERATE

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds, Bohemians
If after 130 years they still haven't clearly defined an 'Essendon way' of doing things, and are apparently beholden to any old random who walks in through the doors and causes a civil war with no opposition whatsoever.... then * 'em. If they don't have a culture by now they never will.

May the blood letting continue. Nice and slowly.

Reality rules

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Me,myself and I
If after 130 years they still haven't clearly defined an 'Essendon way' of doing things, and are apparently beholden to any old random who walks in through the doors and causes a civil war with no opposition whatsoever.... then **** 'em. If they don't have a culture by now they never will.

May the blood letting continue. Nice and slowly.
Drip by drip by drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back