Oppo Camp Hird under siege

Remove this Banner Ad

Love it. The Bombers supporters have been getting pretty smug that they were going to get away with it as long as everyone had their story straight, but it's looking like Dank is getting ready to roll over and drop them in it.

How would it have a good effect if Hird had to step down tomorrow/Friday... he's no Mark Neeld, the players would be gutted!

How many teams win after the coach is replaced? A lot because the players have something to prove and fight for out of respect. I can't see Hirdy standing down due to the article but it might send a snowball his way.

Maybe this is why Essendon were at $2.50 for the win.
Some suggested possible inside knowlege that a star player may miss the game.
Seems like this could be the reason though.

They have been dealing with this stuff very well and using it as motivation to remain focused on their task.

Caroline's answer to every bit of drama these days seems to be "Right thing to do is to step down"

How many teams win after the coach is replaced? A lot because the players have something to proven and fight for out of respect.

That's usually because the old coach has lost the players and the change reinvigorates them.

The Bombers players love Hird and losing him would have the opposite effect.

That's usually because the old coach has lost the players and the change reinvigorates them.

The Bombers players love Hird and losing him would have the opposite effect.

Who knows though? It will probably be bad, but I'm not 100% convinced. A bit like death can affect a team where they can roll over due to the emotion or fire up. I think we can beat Essendon without this and would rather not risk it turning the other way.

Chairman David Evans addressed the Essendon players over two sessions on Wednesday in an attempt to outline his knowledge of what substances they had allegedly unknowingly taken, and the mood among those players has been one of increased concern.

Even if we take the last part of that sentence with a large grain of salt, just the fact they've been having meetings about this during the week must be causing some distraction amongst the players before such a big game.

Then again maybe they will welcome the chance to get out of Melbourne for a while and concentrate on their footy.

Quoted from the Age:

the club's former sports scientist Stephen Dank confirmed he gave players an extract from pig's brain used to treat Alzheimer's, the first milk from a mother cow and a bark extract.

At the risk of sounding like a 14 year old girl - Ewww gross! Sounds like a witch's formula. Did they forget the hair of newt and lips of a virgin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro is such a miserable bitch. Does she actually enjoy anything in life?

If anything, this will just fire the Essendon players up even more.

I'm more worried about this first milk from a mother cow business. may as well give them the 4 points right now.

Even if we take the last part of that sentence with a large grain of salt, just the fact they've been having meetings about this during the week must be causing some distraction amongst the players before such a big game.

Then again maybe they will welcome the chance to get out of Melbourne for a while and concentrate on their footy.

This.

The players will be shitting bricks this week. The majority of the team would have just worked out finally after all the assurances to the otherwise that they are facing two year bans and probably career ending too as who will pick them up after?

They will be gutted by this and losing sleep as we speak.

Not good for the game as we were all hoping for a tight contest but I doubt that wil happen now. But that's a bit selfish of me really I'm hoping for a good game but they're hoping to retain their careers.

Why are the Essendon players going to be shitting bricks? Or at least change how they feel about the whole thing compared to last week or the week before? This is pretty much the same garbage that has been in the media for months, regurgitated and sensationalised by scumbag journalists like Caro. Initially I was sucked in and thought ... bastard cheating Bombers, they must be punished ... but now I am just sick of it.

There is no proof or evidence that the players took any banned substances. As such, they will not be banned.

The worst that will come out of this is the club might face some token fines/sanctions for acting "irregularly", and/or maybe some senior official (which I doubt would be Hird, more like Robson or someone higher up) will take the heat.

This.

The players will be shitting bricks this week. The majority of the team would have just worked out finally after all the assurances to the otherwise that they are facing two year bans and probably career ending too as who will pick them up after?

They will be gutted by this and losing sleep as we speak.

Not good for the game as we were all hoping for a tight contest but I doubt that wil happen now. But that's a bit selfish of me really I'm hoping for a good game but they're hoping to retain their careers.

Yeah, I think you're over-analysing everything here.

They had Tim Watson on Sunrise this morning saying that Essendon had confirmed with the parents yesterday that a supplement that was not illegal, but had not been approved for human usage to treat obesity had been used on some players.

His public statements are now inconsistent. His combo of "I knew nothing" and "I knew what we were taking was ok" is getting embarrassing.

I hope our fans treat the Bombers with dignity on Friday & not resort to cheap shots.
Let's beat them on the field
:footy:

Let's also hope that the benefits of whatever the Bombers were taking has passed through their systems and they are not enjoying a pharmaceutical advantage on the field. Do you know what they took and how long it lasts? I don't. And If I was Cameron Schwab I certainly would have raised the point when I was asked to quit based on a result against Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back