Hird Voss Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three are great champions of the game....Buckley is the best..most consistant over the past 10 years.

Hird and Buckley have both been awarded a norm smith on the biggest stage of all, Voss had more chances than both of them to win one...and couldnt!!!! :D

Voss>Hird>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buckley

FadeAway said:
All three are great champions of the game....Buckley is the best..most consistant over the past 10 years.

Hird and Buckley have both been awarded a norm smith on the biggest stage of all, Voss had more chances than both of them to win one...and couldnt!!!! :D

Umm ok, the obsession with good non premiership players continues here. buckley wanted to win a premiership so left brisbane. now look at him! Voss > buckley

Hird Voss sorry not in the game carried by a couple of good players

It has to be the Great Man Bucks

What's with the obsession with Nathan Buckley? He has been a good player in an ordinary side. Voss and Hird have been great players in great sides.

Harvey isn't better than Voss or Hird, but he is definitely better than Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarltonRulz said:
Buckley>>>>>>>Hird>Voss

Hird and Voss are very over rated
Harvey and West are better than all of them

Completely inaccurate. Considering you were only 6 when Hird and Voss won the brownlow, I think it would be difficult for you to assess the early parts of their respective careers.

Hird
Voss
Buckley

In that order.

Hird, if he hadn't had so many injuries, could be one of the greatest players ever. As it is, in 219 games, he has won:

1x Brownlow
1x Norm Smith
4x Best and Fairest
5x All Australian (1 as Captain)
2x International Rules (Both as captain)
2x Leading Goalkicker
1x Jim Stynes Medal
3x Anzac Medal
2x Premiership Side
3x Pre Season Premiership Side
111 Brownlow Votes
Captain since 1998

All this after being taken at No. 79 in the 1990 National Draft.

i agree south swans, he is the greatest. can only imagine how much more he would have achieved had he had not been so injured . probs about 8 B&fs, 10 All Australian, 2 Normys, 3 Brownlows

if i had to pick one and they were all fit id pick Hird>Voss>Buckley

hird and voss can get 15 touches a game and do more damage then Buckley getting 25.

Michael Voss - James Hird - Nathan Buckley

All have plenty of gongs but I do believe Voss has got more gongs that were voted on by his peers (AFLPA) and I am happy to bow to their opinions.

weagles_fan said:
Judd > all of them.

Has the potential, got to be that good for the same amount of time these three have been good.

Doesn't look like slowing down though Judd could be one of the all-time greats.

By the way, Hird>>>>Voss>>Buckley

Voss was robbed of the Norm Smith in 2002.

The moment in that match where Voss got absolutely smashed by Burns yet instantly bounced straight back up, launched head first back into the pack, grabbed the ball and handballed on to Simon Black who goaled is a crystal clear showcase of why Voss is twice the player Buckley will ever be.

Any other player would have stayed on that deck for 90 seconds unable to move, or if they did it would have been to plead for a free from the umpire.

Voss goes hard at the ball without fail, and the only other player who demonstrates that kind of courage and commitment is James Hird.

Voss=Hird>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buckley (who is still a great player, dont get me wrong).

I was wondering why the hell Buckley was getting so many votes then I realised 9 out of 13 of his votes were from Collingwood supporters :p Say no more.

crownie said:
if i had to pick one and they were all fit id pick Hird>Voss>Buckley

hird and voss can get 15 touches a game and do more damage then Buckley getting 25.

This is propoganda that has been perpetuated by people. Buckley by foot is the most damaging player the I have seen. I have never seen anyone pip point a guy 60 metres away with such regularity. Does Hird do that? No!

Buckley is the better of the three. Hird and Voss have been overrated over their careers. In particular Hird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back