Historic first telecast of women's footy (with poll)

Are you interested in watching the game on TV

• Very interested, Will watch

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Somewhat interested, if I turn on the TV, and its on, will watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curious, may try to catch a bit to see what the fuss is about.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not interested, if its on, will change channels

• Hate it, would rather have a tooth extraction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
That time many thought would never ever happen is here. The next womens AFL exhibition game Sunday 16th August, will be on FTA, as the first part of a double header.

Does the AFL and channel 7 push it like mad to try and create an 'event' like atmosphere, or, is having got it on air the end of their effort. So far looking like the latter.

Is it a one of curiosity, the beginning of a doomed experiment, or the foundation of a new wave in womens sport?

In 50 years, is this game the subject of quiz questions, or completely lost to history?

That time many thought would never ever happen is here. The next womens AFL exhibition game Sunday 16th August, will be on FTA, as the first part of a double header.

Does the AFL and channel 7 push it like mad to try and create an 'event' like atmosphere, or, is having got it on air the end of their effort. So far looking like the latter.

Is it a one of curiosity, the beginning of a doomed experiment, or the foundation of a new wave in womens sport?

In 50 years, is this game the subject of quiz questions, or completely lost to history?

I will be out coaching so won't be able to watch it, but will have the TV on 7 regardless and will also be recording it to check out later!

Switched on Channel 7 and I thought I was watching the mens' AFL game, what with all the pony-tails and everything. :eek:

Back