Historical Figures you can't stand and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure you can judge Albert on going to the US and helping the war effort. Even if you did, you would acknowledge we now live in the safest most peaceful period in history.

Mate, this is pure s**t and you know it. At least you had ago. Tony Blair is in the media saying they invaded Iraq on faulty intelligence and that created isis. Your liberals call isis a death cult and have spend hundreds of millions in this country containing them. the rest of the world recognize isis as hired american guns.

Wheres this peace? America have made war on someone every year of their existence but a handful.

Please explain to me why he criticized Germany for segregation and racist policies but not America? What the americans were doing to the north american Indians is the biggest recorded act of genocide ever. He helped (encouraged them) them get the nuclear bomb, which was then experimented on women and children from many nations, who had no choice. The guys reasons for choosing America are lies.

It is a measure of your intelligence if you acknowledge the war mongering ways of the americans. If he didn't know their history then he was pretty stupid.

To a sane person, all those involved in american nuclear power are nothing short of psychopaths.This is the marshal islands forign minister clearly spelling out the crimes the likes of Einstien would prefer kept quiet.

Last edited:
Mate, this is pure s**t and you know it. At least you had ago. Tony Blair is in the media saying they invaded Iraq on faulty intelligence and that created isis. Your liberals call isis a death cult and have spend hundreds of millions in this country containing them. the rest of the world recognize isis as hired american guns.

Wheres this peace? America have made war on someone every year of their existence but a handful.

Please explain to me why he criticized Germany for segregation and racist policies but not America? What the americans were doing to the north american Indians is the biggest recorded act of genocide ever. He helped (encouraged them) them get the nuclear bomb, which was then experimented on women and children from many nations, who had no choice. The guys reasons for choosing America are lies.

It is a measure of your intelligence if you acknowledge the war mongering ways of the americans. If he didn't know their history then he was pretty stupid.

To a sane person, all those involved in american nuclear power are nothing short of psychopaths.This is the marshal islands forign minister clearly spelling out the crimes the likes of Einstien would prefer kept quiet.

I didn't say America has been perfect or done no wrong.

I didn't say we have peace nor no injustice.

What can not be denied is the US has been responsible for creating relative peace in Europe and the rest of the world. If it wasn't for the Yanks those dumb Europeans (my blood stock) would still be going at it.

Yes we have a long way to go but we are closer to "it" now that we were prior to the rise of the US.

Fingers crossed who ever assumes the mantle carries on with the good work and takes us to a better time and place again. Thank god for the Americans (even if we do loathe them)!

Mother Teresa internationally. Nationally it has to be Menzies. I wasn't around when Menzies was PM, but for someone who did nothing as PM, I have no idea why he was so widely lauded.

Because the older generation are terrified of change, and pine for their childhood. Given how long Menzies was in power for, it's a good bet he was PM then. So they think things were better then.

Harry Truman seems like a bit of a dickhole. Upon witnessing the first Atomic Bomb test from a Nevada bunker he exclaimed that it was "...the greatest thing in history."

At the time there was a lot of internal debate as to whether or not America should drop the bombs, demonstrate the power of them or simply let Japan recognize their Emperor as Emperor while declaring peace as a declaration of peace was probably going to happen in the next few months given that the U.S. was now bombing the Japanese mainland with little to no resistance. The Americans wanted an unconditional surrender though and to get it as soon as possible so as to end the Pacific War before Russia got involved. The U.S. then systematically denied any communication from Japanese Ambassadors requesting a sit down to discuss terms for peace as Truman had made up his mind to drop one nuclear weapon that he had personally seen the power of and another that hadn't even been tested.

During the last meeting of the "Big Three" (Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt Truman), Truman mentioned that they were going to drop an atomic bomb on Japan to Stalin hoping to put the fear into the Russians. Stalin bluffed and responded by giving zero *s. Roosevelt had apparently been a great diplomat for the Americans by being on somewhat agreeable terms with Stalin, Truman effectively shat on that as soon as he got into office.

0009c50a56ce709d50167d0726947072.jpg

Caused more suffering than prevented, namely because she thought suffering was good and was one way to get close to Jesus.

That sounds eerily like the plot of the horror movie Martyrs.

For me, it's Marilyn Monroe. I will never understand why girls quote or look up to her.
She's just a glorified sex symbol that had failed marriages and a drug addiction.

Anyone else?
And you have more to offer than she ever did?

What particular act are you using to suggest that JFK was war mongering? Bay of Pigs? I think I've read about 23 books on Kennedy and I don't remember coming across that phrase or that idea in any of them.

I don't disagree that he was womanising, nor that TV as a medium swayed his influence. On the other hand, you could also argue that he would have won more, if not for the whole religion issue. However his presidency has been overrated for sure with the intelligent positioning of 'Camelot' and whatnot.

Also on the topic of Nixon - he would have been a quarter of the president RFK would have been just based off ideals alone if he wasn't shot after winning the Californian primary. Nixon did what had to be done, I don't think he's anything that special.
You're probably right, although we can never know for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was absolutely the right man in the right place for the time, and deservedly holds a huge place in history.

Doesn't mean he wasn't an a-hole.
He was an a-hole - I bet he would admit to that. However, we needed an arse to beat another bigger arse.

Gandhi. Racist elitist flog.

So he moved to a country even worse? come off it? I'm not a fool. Plenty of people who believe his s**t must be. I notice there's few on this forum fear men with intellectual independence, that's why they turn to abuse.

Anybody else see the humour in someone talking up their own intellectualism by slagging off Albert Einstein?

0009c50a56ce709d50167d0726947072.jpg

Caused more suffering than prevented, namely because she thought suffering was good and was one way to get close to Jesus.
Well she's going to be made a Saint now.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mother-teresa-sainthood_us_56e7ddd9e4b0b25c918325c4

It will be interesting to see how much (if any) of the detrimental care and misappropriation of donations claims will be covered in the MSM in the lead up to this. Her name has become basically a synonym for charity and goodwill in popular culture so no doubt the dodgy stuff will be suppressed.

Bob Hawke.

"By the year 2000 no child will be living in poverty"

Total blue-rinsed ego-maniacal flog, who sold-out all of the principles he was suppose to stand for.

Yet another member of the cult of personality, winning over substance....Blah!

As previously mentioned: JFK.

Sent the US to war in Vietnam on more shoddy grounds than Bush in Iraq....Now that's saying something.....And set the grounds leading us on to the brink of nuclear annihilation under LBJ in the Bay Of Pigs.

Yet another example of the cult of personality....He was a total tool at the behest of the US state department & defense....NFI as a leader whatsoever.

P.s. little graham....Great stuff mate & keep up the good work in continuing to educate....Luv ya work.:thumbsu:

I think there was a significant improvement as a result of hawkes policies. Whether that has continued since is debatable.

Western nations have gone backwards significantly since gfc for example

Can see paralells between churchill and thatcher

Adored in certain circles, but certainly not universally respected

I guess thatcher only prosecuted one poitless military campaign though

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back