Historical rape allegation against the Attorney-General Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't organise a police interview taking the appropriate covid safe precautions for over 4 months. In that time, it's been suggested the alleged offender was talking to the victim. Then she died.
There is a fair bit to be feel outraged about, but this delay of police investigation really pisses me off.

COVID? It is a serious criminal accusation against a current cabinet minister. Get an exemption. Get police in SA to take a statement.

Who signed off on delaying this investigation? Enquiring minds want to know.

What I dislike about things like this most is that it's used as a political tool, attempting to score points on the opposition by whacking them over the head with the raped bodies of alleged victims. Inevitably they are left on the ground when they move on, forgotten about.

Absolutely used again.
I agree. But I also don’t want to see it swept under the carpet so I feel kind of conflicted.

There is a fair bit to be feel outraged about, but this delay of police investigation really pisses me off.

COVID? It is a serious criminal accusation against a current cabinet minister. Get an exemption. Get police in SA to take a statement.

Who signed off on delaying this investigation? Enquiring minds want to know.

The NSW investigation is closed off but nothing about the SA investigation into her death. I hope that goes to the Coroner and the right questions are asked about whether the alleged offender was talking to her over that four month period, what was said and who it was that alerted the offender to the fact a complaint had been made against him.

If it's Porter ... imagine the pressure she might have been under with the Attorney General breathing down her neck and the cops nowhere to be seen for over four months.

“Cabinet Minister Rapist”, they don’t leave you guessing there.

Police have investigated and there is no case to answer. But don’t let that get in the way of a good story. The media always get their man. The woman alleging being raped wrote a letter about, took her 30 years to go to the police, and took her on life. All leads to to him being guilty!...........
Yeah true. But why did she take her own life?

The NSW investigation is closed off but nothing about the SA investigation into her death. I hope that goes to the Coroner and the right questions are asked about whether the alleged offender was talking to her over that four month period, what was said and who it was that alerted the offender to the fact a complaint had been made against him.

If it's Porter ... imagine the pressure she might have been under with the Attorney General breathing down her neck and the cops nowhere to be seen for over four months.
I haven’t read this speculated about anywhere but here so far ... but this is one of the most disturbing possibilities of the most disturbing allegation against an Australian politician in my political memory (since the start of Bob Hawke being PM).

I haven’t read this speculated about anywhere but here so far ... but this is one of the most disturbing possibilities of the most disturbing allegation against an Australian politician in my political memory (since the start of Bob Hawke being PM).

Here's something that might be even more disturbing.
The ABC Reporter @4corners Louise Milligan's tweet last night.
Make of it what you will.

Has anyone heard what time Christian Porter the alleged rapist is doing a much awaited Conference today?

I hope it does not clash with Grace Tame's 12:30-1:30pm (AEDT) National Press Club Address today.

I sincerely hope that Christian Porter the alleged rapist managed to fly back from Perth in time to attend it in person.

Surely he wouldn't want to miss such an important event on a subject matter so close to his heart, and to provide his support to the Australia of the year 2021, who is a champion of legal reform and an outspoken advocate for survivors of sexual assault, particularly those who were abused in institutional settings.

Last edited:
There are 65,000 suicide attempts in Australia a year and the second highest percentage group by age is 45 to 65s.

What is news.com.au possibly trying to suggest (if anything) by the below article/headlines placement not long ago this morning?

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.54.50 am.png

What is news.com.au possibly trying to suggest (if anything) by the below article/headlines placement not long ago this morning?

View attachment 1068950

Given how much of their front page is "Sex mistake we all make" and "Samantha-X's take on married men" stuff I think we can put it down to coincidence.

They seem far more interested in making suggestions that the lady who had her foot wash up isn't actually dead and is cleverly fooling everyone walking around with one foot missing now.

Given how much of their front page is "Sex mistake we all make" and "Samantha-X's take on married men" stuff I think we can put it down to coincidence.

Except that the article on the mum dies (suicide), was a rape that occurred in the UK, to someone who is not Australian or connected to Australia. It's not even written by an Australian journo. They just re-published an article from one of their UK publications.

What relevance does that have to being placed so prominently on the 2nd row of news.com.au this morning?

I call BS on it being no coincidence.

Except that the article on the mum dies (suicide), was a rape that occurred in the UK, to someone who is not Australian or connected to Australia. It's not even written by an Australian journo. They just re-published an article from one of their UK publications.

What relevance does that have to being placed so prominently on the 2nd row of news.com.au this morning?

I call BS on it being no coincidence.

I don't think I've ever seen their front page without some sexually scandalous or otherwise titillating story on it. They appeal to the lowest common denominator for a reason. There was a story yesterday about a Russian man who murdered a woman two years ago and raped and then murdered her 12 year old daughter, in Russia, with the DNA evidence now linking him to it.

Scary stuff gets clicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Cabinet Minister Rapist”, they don’t leave you guessing there.

Police have investigated and there is no case to answer. But don’t let that get in the way of a good story. The media always get their man. The woman alleging being raped wrote a letter about, took her 30 years to go to the police, and took her on life. All leads to to him being guilty!...........
Would ‘dislike’ more times if I could.

Presume you’re just trolling and looking for a reaction - given you say that “police have investigated and there is no case to answer”, and a number of posts in the thread are specifically about the police failure to investigate - but you must be a really special sort to decide to try and troll on a topic like this.

Your use of the phrase about ‘don’t let that get in the way of a good story’ is also pretty revolting given how distressing the accusations and events surrounding them are.

From today's front page of the West Australian newspaper, look's like Christian Porter the Cabinet Minister concerned, might be making a guest appearance on tomorrow's front pages in the West and around the nation.

If anyone tried to serenade me with the below referenced Queen shocker, I'd be gone in a flash, and be warning all my friends about them.

For someone with a BA and a Law degree, who had aspirations to be Prime Minister, does this weird answer to a romance oriented question, raise any questions about a possible propensity for violence against women, let alone their character suitability to be working for the DPP as a Prosecutor, or as an Attorney General anywhere?

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.12.02 pm.png

' “bite the dust” has been around since the King James Bible was published in 1611. According to the Bible, “They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before Him; and His enemies shall lick the dust” (Psalms 72.9). While “lick the dust” is a variation of the phrase we know today, it still contains the similar meaning of falling to the ground in defeat.'

'Homer’s “The Iliad,” as Butler uses “bite the dust” to describe the death of Roman soldiers in battle. Probably the most recent uses of the phrase (not counting the Queen song) occur in old Western films to describe fallen cowboys.'

Nice work ABC

456c4de7dc.png

Penny Wong knew about the allegations as far back as November, 2019 so that's a long time for the information to filter out across parties imo but it was just this tweet by Tony Windsor with a suggestion the alleged offender was talking to the victim, that's all it is though. Just a suggestion.

Police have investigated and there is no case to answer. But don’t let that get in the way of a good story. The media always get their man. The woman alleging being raped wrote a letter about, took her 30 years to go to the police, and took her on life.
I know women who have been raped, some as children, who have never reported the matters to the police. It's not a matter that you can simply say, "took her 30 years to go to the police." Women who have suffered rape have reasons for not making formal complaints. In some cases they have no memory of the event until years later because of the mechanisms of the brain.

Penny Wong knew about the allegations as far back as November, 2019 so that's a long time for the information to filter out across parties imo but it was just this tweet by Tony Windsor with a suggestion the alleged offender was talking to the victim, that's all it is though. Just a suggestion.

It’s a valid question. It hadn’t occurred to me which is naive now I think about it.

Needs an independent investigation to call phone records. And I guess the government will try almost anything to avoid one of those with an election looming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back