Historical rape allegation against the Attorney-General Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Research indicates that false allegations of child abuse are extremely unusual. I - we - pay this guy's wage. I don't want to pay for a child rapist to 'lead' my country in a cabinet ministerial position. I strongly feel he should step aside until it is proven he didn't do it.

Do we know who the alleged rapist is yet?

This is going to be really untidy, unfortunately with the accuser deceased a criminal charge can't be pursued and the alleged offender might fight tooth and nail to keep it all under wraps.

Research indicates that false allegations of child abuse are extremely unusual. I - we - pay this guy's wage. I don't want to pay for a child rapist to 'lead' my country in a cabinet ministerial position. I strongly feel he should step aside until it is proven he didn't do it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you can never prove that it did not happen.

We already have a case study where a former cabinet minister was (and still is) accused of a historical sexual assault, in which it was subject to a legal process and it did not progress further than that. So if we believe all women, it leaves us in some sort of purgatory where the sexual assault happened but the resolution is insufficient. It's an untenable position for all concerned.

Four Corners understands Commissioner Kershaw has briefed South Australia Police and NSW Police.

In a statement, the AFP said it had received a complaint relating to a historical sexual assault and would liaise with the relevant state authorities.

The woman reported the allegation to New South Wales Police in February last year, triggering an investigation.

Let the witch hunt begin

Four Corners understands Commissioner Kershaw has briefed South Australia Police and NSW Police.

In a statement, the AFP said it had received a complaint relating to a historical sexual assault and would liaise with the relevant state authorities.

The woman reported the allegation to New South Wales Police in February last year, triggering an investigation.

Let the witch hunt begin
If the cab minister is who l think it is, he's a well known philanderer and serial pest.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That doesn't really narrow it down much... ... ...

I can't do the research atm but wan't one of Morrison's Cabinet Ministers in trouble about a year ago for getting drunk and grabby or something similar in front of a heap of journalists? Which had everybody looking into his history which it turned out, probably wasn't befitting a man in his position.

Morrison came out in a strong defence. iirc.

I can't do the research atm but wan't one of Morrison's Cabinet Ministers in trouble about a year ago for getting drunk and grabby or something similar in front of a heap of journalists? Which had everybody looking into his history which it turned out, probably wasn't befitting a man in his position.

Morrison came out in a strong defence. iirc.
That was Jamie Briggs and was more than a few years ago - late 2015 quit 2016

I'm not saying it is but I THINK it might be Christian Porter?
Porter is WA but you are correct as well

In November 2020, it was alleged on the ABC program Four Corners that, although married, Porter had kissed and cuddled a colleague's political staffer in a public setting.[48] Porter denied the allegation. He claimed that the staffer in question had also denied to Four Corners that the event occurred, but that the denial was not mentioned in the report.[49] He again denied the allegation on the Perth radio channel 6PR.[50]

In the program, former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull claimed that Porter's alleged behaviour had caused concern in the party room, although that was disputed by Porter.[48] Not long after he said he had raised the alleged incident with Porter, Turnbull promoted Porter to the position of Attorney General. Porter attributed the criticisms made by Turnbull to a falling-out between the two men during the 2018 Liberal Party of Australia leadership spills, the event which ended Turnbull's prime ministership.[51]

This is Briggs

Porter is WA but you are correct as well

In November 2020, it was alleged on the ABC program Four Corners that, although married, Porter had kissed and cuddled a colleague's political staffer in a public setting.[48] Porter denied the allegation. He claimed that the staffer in question had also denied to Four Corners that the event occurred, but that the denial was not mentioned in the report.[49] He again denied the allegation on the Perth radio channel 6PR.[50]

In the program, former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull claimed that Porter's alleged behaviour had caused concern in the party room, although that was disputed by Porter.[48] Not long after he said he had raised the alleged incident with Porter, Turnbull promoted Porter to the position of Attorney General. Porter attributed the criticisms made by Turnbull to a falling-out between the two men during the 2018 Liberal Party of Australia leadership spills, the event which ended Turnbull's prime ministership.[51]

This is Briggs

Now it's all coming back, thanks.

I think the woman making the accusations, might have died in South Australia.

SA police were “continuing to prepare a report for the coroner,” the NSW police force said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which cabinet ministers are from South Australia?

The alleged victim of the Cabinet Minister was from South Australia.
The alleged rape occurred in Sydney in 1988.
The alleged rapist is not a South Australian or from South Australia.

' ABC ignored plea from family of alleged rape victim
  • Sharri Markson
    Investigations Editor
  • 42 minutes ago February 28, 2021
Former Liberal staffer Dhanya Mani, who became close friends with the woman after publicly disclosing her own experience with alleged sexual assault in politics, said the public broadcaster had breached the trust of family and friends after reporting details about the allegations on Friday.'

'Her friend, Ms Mani said, was a historian and academic who was “brilliantly funny, kind, no matter what she was going through” with a presence that was “magnetic”. She wanted to run for parliament.'

I think there was absolutely no chance she wanted to run for the Federal Coalition.

So if it is, he would have been 17 or 18 at the time?

Charges aren't going anywhere anyway but if it is Christian Porter, relative youth at the time imo won't spare him further critique of being unsuitable as Attorney General. This allegation only goes to support the argument he developed a pattern of abuse towards women since uni days but I can hardly wait to hear how Scotty's going to spin it.

Charges aren't going anywhere anyway but if it is Christian Porter, relative youth at the time imo won't spare him further critique of being unsuitable as Attorney General. This allegation only goes to support the argument he developed a pattern of abuse towards women since uni days but I can hardly wait to hear how Scotty's going to spin it.

Maybe a leadership spill will be Scotty's way out of having to do anything and the Liberal parties way of damage control well prior to the next Federal Election.

Then when a new leader is elected, the alleged rapist can be left out of the Ministry, and use that as an excuse to sit on the backbench and then either not run again at the next Federal Election, or lose his endorsement.

The alleged rapist might possibly move to the cross benches until the end of this term of parliament, so as to not further embarrass the Federal Coalition, and further damage control, whoever is PM up until the next Federal Election.

I can hardly wait to hear how Scotty's going to spin it.

Here's a quite detailed article on how Scotty spun it today at the tail end of a media conference on the Aged Care Royal Commission report public release.

Heaps of new info from Samantha Maiden this morning in a news.com.au article that appears to be still on the internet. An article that appears to have been buried by news.com.au to make it impossible to find from their standard website navigation. New info about what Crikey refers to today as 'Jane Doe'.

Also, it looks like there might not be any suppression order on main stream media publishing Jane Doe's real name, seeing as how Crikey today say they have decided not to publish her name, as opposed to not being allowed to publish her name.

'Crikey has decided not to publish the woman’s name. She will be referred to from this point as Jane Doe.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back