Resource History of AFL Grand Final Artwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is it a bit weird that the logos are facing that way when the BHP logos face towards the "camera" position.
Would they have made more sense to be flipped?

No different to what they’ve been doing for the mens GF for a few years now.

Will be interesting to see what they do this year though, given that Telstra now own both sides of the arc. Do they give up the space for GF day or do the club logos get moved?

Will be interesting to see what they do this year though, given that Telstra now own both sides of the arc. Do they give up the space for GF day or do the club logos get moved?
I work for the evil empire, I'll ask around - lol

Last year they faced the wrong way.

Time to move them to the broadcast wing

Will the curse of the red arc continue this year? 5 on the trot for the blue arc teams.
Remember they use to flip a coin at a luncheon for who wears white shorts, perhaps they need to flip now for who gets the blue arc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a thing?
iirc and it hasn't become false folklore, it was used until 2010 when the Saints won the coin toss to wear their home and Pies in the clash.

Then Ed pulled out some long forgotten about, ancient rule that said the higher ranked team got to choose, which I think is what we now use

iirc and it hasn't become false folklore, it was used until 2010 when the Saints won the coin toss to wear their home and Pies in the clash.

Then Ed pulled out some long forgotten about, ancient rule that said the higher ranked team got to choose, which I think is what we now use
Ah, of course

So Eddie doesn't like Collingwood's traditional strip (black stripes on white base?) Makes sense as to why it was changed when he was president then!

So Eddie doesn't like Collingwood's traditional strip (black stripes on white base?) Makes sense as to why it was changed when he was president then!
I think it was more standing his ground on the "home" team, than the jumper itself

I always thought the team with the most white on their jumper used the white shorts

Yes and no. One could argue that. Port in 2004 vs Brisbane is one example, Geelong in their recent Grand Finals. Although in 92 and 94 Geelong were in blue shorts while WCE were in white shorts. Geelong were in white shorts for 95. Adelaide in white shorts for 97/98.

Far too inconsistent.

Can I ask, why haven’t the AFL toyed with the idea of painting the arcs in the colors of the teams? Broadcasting issues?

Pretty sure the NRL do it with their try lines (or tried it once or twice?).

No reason why it couldn't work.

In fact, is there any valid reason as to why one arc is blue and one is red? Traditional?

Because very few local grounds have the two colours. Usually it's one colour or it's all white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back