Hizir Ferman dies in prison

MUI_

Draftee
Dec 31, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Police are investigating the death of an underworld figure after an alleged assault on two prison staff in a central Victorian jail.

Hizir Ferman, a violent standover man, died on Thursday afternoon in the Middleton Annexe at Loddon Prison in Castlemaine.

Police will prepare a report for the coroner, who is expected to look at whether Ferman, 35, had a reaction to capsicum spray.

A statement by Corrections Victoria said the inmate's death followed an earlier incident in which two prison guards were injured and Ferman had barricaded himself in the room.

One guard lost six teeth and suffered a broken nose and a cut to the face in the alleged attack.

Corrections Victoria said the prisoner was forcibly removed from the room.

"Shortly after the prisoner collapsed, with medical attention immediately provided," the statement said.

"As with all deaths in custody, the matter will be referred to the coroner, who will formally determine the cause of death," the spokesperson said.

Police said the two staff members were taken to hospital. One of them has since been discharged.

Full Article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-28/victorian-police-investigate-death-of-prisoner-at-castlemaine/7670834

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MUI_

Draftee
Dec 31, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Hizir had links to Carl Williams and Nik Radev. He was also responsible/present for two underworld murders (Mark Mallia and one I shall not name)

His father Ayhan Ferman was shot dead by a 12 year old boy in 2012 who was protecting his mother from Ayhan.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
I don't know why on earth you'd be a screw. Spend your whole career handling the turds that should have been flushed at birth. Poor blokes.

Wonder if it was some allergic type reaction, a breathing condition, or something else he'd taken that brought a reaction on?

cartel

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Wonder if there are some types who would blame the prison and say they had a duty of care to protect him and failed in that.
Sometimes I think that they must fell like they can't win.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Read about this thing during the week.
The world's a better place when maggots like this die, no redeeming features, the best thing he'll do with his life is now become fertiliser.
Same goes for his family, shit begets shit
Here I was thinking that a a small drain on taxpayers has ended with this scums death. Unfortunately not, now more expense waiting for the coroner's report!

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
Jun 22, 2008
Cowes
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't know why on earth you'd be a screw. Spend your whole career handling the turds that should have been flushed at birth. Poor blokes.
A true growth industry, secure, almost unlimited o/t if you wanted it. But you're correct, looking after the dregs. It was handy at the time when I was doing it but no way known I could've made it a long term career. 4 years was plenty.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wonder if there are some types who would blame the prison and say they had a duty of care to protect him and failed in that.
Sometimes I think that they must fell like they can't win.
Death penalty or sentence in the community. Prison is a failed experiment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Wonder if it was some allergic type reaction, a breathing condition, or something else he'd taken that brought a reaction on?
Never been one but people need jobs champ. What else do you propose they do? Go on the dole. In which case you would accuse them of being bludgers.

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
is it just me or do a lot of the drug dealers,bikies, gun violence,extortion etc etc seem to have middle eastern surnames- I live out bush and would be interested in what people from melb and Sydney have to say about this.

Top Bottom