Hobart crowd prediction North vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm just wandering if people think the game in Tassie today will be Hobart's lowest ever AFL crowd which was 3500 against GWS last season?

It will also be interesting to see how many of Tassie's nearly 6000 north members turn up because a large amount haven't been attending games for some time.

Let's see - currently raining in Hobart with 4 hours until gametime.

As a side note, Tasmania != Hobart. I'm sure many of those 6k are at the other end of the island. I lived in the Northern Midlands when I lived in Tassie and travelled to Melbourne more often than Hobart to watch games.

Let's see - currently raining in Hobart with 4 hours until gametime.

As a side note, Tasmania != Hobart. I'm sure many of those 6k are at the other end of the island. I lived in the Northern Midlands when I lived in Tassie and travelled to Melbourne more often than Hobart to watch games.
Well over half are in the southern area according to North and the rain is forecast to mostly clear for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just wandering if people think the game in Tassie today will be Hobart's lowest ever AFL crowd which was 3500 against GWS last season?

Don't worry

Port is bringing their tarps!

tumbleweed-acegif-31.gif

If that is the case it really shows that Tasmanians are well and truly over supporting north games unfortunately and the Tasmania government would be crazy to sign on for another year of North games.
Maybe thy're just not as into footy as many believe.

If this game was played in Melbourne or Adelaide it would still be a contender for the lowest crowd ever

Maybe thy're just not as into footy as many believe.
Tasmanians tend to watch (on TV) in higher per capita numbers than anywhere else. But why would a North supporter or a neutral want to go anywhere near this game. Maybe those that don't have to travel, but Hobart is only 200k. If I was still in Tas, no way would I have bothered wasting a day going down the highway for something about as likely to be competitive as a cricket match between India and Botswana under 15s. To be honest, if I was in Hobart I wouldn't cross the bridge for what is bound to be a borefest and a belting.
A TSL game would be more enticing than a trip to Bellerive this weekend, or for any North game this year or next. Not as skilled, but more entertaining.

Tasmanians tend to watch (on TV) in higher per capita numbers than anywhere else. But why would a North supporter or a neutral want to go anywhere near this game. Maybe those that don't have to travel, but Hobart is only 200k. If I was still in Tas, no way would I have bothered wasting a day going down the highway for something about as likely to be competitive as a cricket match between India and Botswana under 15s. To be honest, if I was in Hobart I wouldn't cross the bridge for what is bound to be a borefest and a belting.
A TSL game would be more enticing than a trip to Bellerive this weekend, or for any North game this year or next. Not as skilled, but more entertaining.
230 000 in Hobart and Ballarat got 10000 the other weekend and it's got less than half that population.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back