Toast Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson to play in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with what you say. Serious question. Would you blokes look at Boomer?
Hawthorn is one of the only clubs who wouldn't be interested in Boomer. As others have said we have his position pretty well covered by Rioli, Puopolo, Breust and Stewart.

That being said his skill set, in addition to his professionalism, would be fantastic for one of the younger sides about to get into Premiership contention. Could see him slotting well into Melbourne, St Kilda, Carlton and GC (though i doubt he'd leave Victoria).

So, North just killed Bambi and retired their greats.

The Cats have been pushing the old blokes out for 3 years now (Chappy, Stevie J, Kelly, Stokes, possibly Bartel)

And we've kept them all on......

Will be interesting to see where this leaves all three clubs in the short, medium and long terms.
three time premiership players Lake and Hale say hi. Hale knew he was cooked Lake now understands he is cooked so it was the right call. And its very different when you've won the last three vs not won a final or made a grand final

We've also got the luxury/curse of the four blokes being in our top 5-10 players still

With the cap going up over $1m next year theres no way they took less than 400k im sorry

Even with jom and mitchell coming in the $1m increase means theres not much need for any cut let alone a slashing and they are still our best players with rioli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno - they reckon Hodge and Burgers signed on for about half of their current wage.

I'm no list manager but I reckon Hodge would currently be on around 500-600k (surely no more than this?), considering the selfless nature of the team and Frawley being on 550k/year. This would seemingly put hodge on no more than 300k for next year?

Stoked they're all going round again.

For mine, this suggests a big fish will be landed come trade week.

three time premiership players Lake and Hale say hi. Hale knew he was cooked Lake now understands he is cooked so it was the right call. And its very different when you've won the last three vs not won a final or made a grand final

We've also got the luxury/curse of the four blokes being in our top 5-10 players still
North have made the last 2 prelims, whilst not winning a flag, they have been close
Firrito aside, the 3 vets are in their best 5-10 players
None of them are anywhere near injury prone as Hale/Lake. They aren't limping to the line, they are all playing over 20 games a season and playing well

Bold call, not sure if right or wrong, as with the Hawks and Cats decisions. Only time will tell

North have made the last 2 prelims, whilst not winning a flag, they have been close
Firrito aside, the 3 vets are in their best 5-10 players
None of them are anywhere near injury prone as Hale/Lake. They aren't limping to the line, they are all playing over 20 games a season and playing well

Bold call, not sure if right or wrong, as with the Hawks and Cats decisions. Only time will tell
Close doesn't get it done look at Freo. Panic stations at norf I reckon they know they won't make a prelim this year

Boomer should only look at premiership potential clubs.
No to geelong as they got rid of stevie j.
No to swans as they have rohan and papley.
No to crows as they have betts.
That leaves Hawks and Giants. Hawks have tried to lure him in 2013 so maybe with Clarko s pengant for small goal kicking forwards with pace and elite kicking skills we may dabble. He is cheap, under 200k and get him for nothing . Plus although I dont believe or want it, what if Breust rumors are true?

That leaves Hawks and Giants. Hawks have tried to lure him in 2013 so maybe with Clarko s pengant for small goal kicking forwards with pace and elite kicking skills we may dabble. He is cheap, under 200k and get him for nothing . Plus although I dont believe or want it, what if Breust rumors are true?

I heard the giants too

They would be even scarier with him for 1-2 years

I dunno - they reckon Hodge and Burgers signed on for about half of their current wage.

I'm no list manager but I reckon Hodge would currently be on around 500-600k (surely no more than this?), considering the selfless nature of the team and Frawley being on 550k/year. This would seemingly put hodge on no more than 300k for next year?

Stoked they're all going round again.

For mine, this suggests a big fish will be landed come trade week.

Yeh i posted this before the story about hodges 300k salary came out, i was wrong again

No,
Please don't.
We'll become North Melbourne version 2.

Last edited:
You mean we should have sacked our veterans?

You would have forced Luke Hodge to retire?

Yes, I'd have tapped Hodge on the shoulder.
Gibbo has been Gibbo. He has at least another year in him, maybe 2.
Burgers was a beast until the Swans game, but hasn't been himself since.
Hopefully a form slump, but if he's September wasn't his usual Burgers blitzing it I'd have tapped him too.
Our midfield is really weak now, we need to get some bulls in that are almost guaranteed to play.
Otherwise they won't leave clubs where they are getting a start. I'd mention JPK if I was allowed :)
Is this the wrong thread to mention Lewis is cooked? Or will the mafia get me?

Hodge is still in good form and given his injury interrupted season is worthy of another season. Still had some massive games this year. Is only 32. Burgoyne has been impressive still for most of the season and has won some games purely off of his brilliance. Gibson has been stellar again, would easily finish top 5 B&F at present. Harvey is 38, Petrie is cooked, Dal Santo is handy but not what he was and Firrito is Firrito. Please don't ever compare our 3 to those 4 again because that is deadset embarrassing.

Disagree about Hodge, thought he's has two really good quarters of footy, but otherwise a shadow of himself.
Burgers as per other post, has had a really poor month and his 3Qs against West Coast were disgusting. 33%DE...Wow!
Gibbo has had a solid year. Not a great year, but not bad either. Probably top 10 B&F.

Yes, I'd have tapped Hodge on the shoulder.
Gibbo has been Gibbo. He has at least another year in him, maybe 2.
Burgers was a beast until the Swans game, but hasn't been himself since.
Hopefully a form slump, but if he's September wasn't his usual Burgers blitzing it I'd have tapped him too.
Our midfield is really weak now, we need to get some bulls in that are almost guaranteed to play.
Otherwise they won't leave clubs where they are getting a start. I'd mention JPK if I was allowed :)
Is this the wrong thread to mention Lewis is cooked? Or will the mafia get me?
you really seem to only rate our players on their most recent quarter if they are lucky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbo has to go on for another year. He still has fingers to extend on Grand Final day. Not sure where Hodge and Silk are going to extract their 6th digit from. :eek:

iStock_000008403601Large.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back