Hodge to sign with Brisbane for two years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

True, but i think the carrot at the end is the decider.

The carrot is $$$ for getting to live and breathe footy for 1 more year. From his perspective it makes sense. He wouldnt want to let it go.

But I just dont see it working for Brisbane. Does he only play home games? Or can he really play 22 games next year?

Does bringing in someone for 1 year set back one of the kids for a year because they will be playing NEAFL even though they are ready for AFL?

The carrot is $$$ for getting to live and breathe footy for 1 more year. From his perspective it makes sense. He wouldnt want to let it go.

But I just dont see it working for Brisbane. Does he only play home games? Or can he really play 22 games next year?

Does bringing in someone for 1 year set back one of the kids for a year because they will be playing NEAFL even though they are ready for AFL?
I can't answer that.
The only thing i can say is, Hodge to me looks to be a footy tragic, runs in his blood, coaching is probably an ambition he has had for the last few years.

On the playing side, you would have to weigh up how much he can provide the young players on field against 1 player losing experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Only yesterday listened to the podcast interview he did with Brad Sewell for the Talking Footy series.

Hodge was talking about taking a year off before even looking at coaching to mentally refresh.

Funny though, he also talked about 2017 being the most enjoyable year for a few because with them not in contention there was less pressure and he enjoyed leading the younger guys. He also laughed off the Gold Coast rumour that came up a few weeks back and rubbished the idea of playing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back