Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I hope so.

Reckon Cyril and Poppy would stand to benefit just as much as Punky, as they could apply pressure with impunity, knowing that Hodge would be there to back them up if they went a bit too far.

Any chance that when Hodge comes back he comes back as a forward? He could be the aggression and protector the Hawks are missing there.
I'd say he's almost guaranteed to play predominately behind the footy. Another big body and quality ball user in our defence is sorely needed. And let's face it -it's probably the best spot on the field to be eased back in

I'd say he's almost guaranteed to play predominately behind the footy. Another big body and quality ball user in our defence is sorely needed. And let's face it -it's probably the best spot on the field to be eased back in

I think he can get exposed for pace though, especially with teams like Geelong and their slingshot

I think he can get exposed for pace though, especially with teams like Geelong and their slingshot
You're assuming he may drop a mark thus allowing a potential slingshot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any chance that when Hodge comes back he comes back as a forward? He could be the aggression and protector the Hawks are missing there.
I seem to recall the original plan for him this year was to spend more time in the Forward 50. Even recall a discussion of him gaining body strength in the preseason to compete as a forward. I think it is a possibility that he will play longer spurts in the forward line.

Geez I hope so.

Reckon Cyril and Poppy would stand to benefit just as much as Punky, as they could apply pressure with impunity, knowing that Hodge would be there to back them up if they went a bit too far.
Cyril and Poppy are not in the least bit worried about anyone, Norf didn't go near them for a reason on the weekend.

I don't think Superman actually needs a position.

Just as long as he brings his cape, all will be well.

Can we afford to have another non-key forward floating around?

Definitely seems preferential to have him in the back half for mine.

He'll rotate through like Burgoyne does. To be honest the best thing about having him back is that it will free Burgoyne up to play wherever needed instead of permanent back.

Down back, Hodge plays tall as a defender which helps out immensely.

He has been slow (although not Mitchell slow) his whole career.

He has the fastest mind in the game playing the quarterback role down back which has him affecting almost every contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Brand is not forcing his way in, reckon Hodge has to play back as he has a good leap, and this will reduce the spoiling workload on Gibbo, letting him play the rebound role. Putting Hodge back also frees Burgoyne to spend more time on the ball. Could see him rotating forward against opponents with shorter forward lines, or in periods where we have momentum. We badly need Hodge back - a big step up from Howe (who is doing OK for a <20 game player).

I know this question is dt related and all...but what was the reasoning behind his low numbers this year as compared to previous seasons? Age ? Form?

I know this question is dt related and all...but what was the reasoning behind his low numbers this year as compared to previous seasons? Age ? Form?
Clarko's new game plan involves trolling dt and supercoach

No chance. He'll be across half back where we are struggling most. Our forward line is just fine I think..

In the games he played, he had more impact in the third qtr against cats and fourth qtr against saints when thrown to his natural and best position....Middle! Struggled down back big time, he is well primed to play 10 or so games in the guts like last year and then move forward to kick goals! Trust me, oppo aren't that worried with him playing down back but when he's in the guts and in good form, that's when I heard oppo coaches get the dreaded 'Migrane!'

Heard an SEN news report yesterday that hodge is 50/50 chance to play Saturday. Hope so but I reckon he'll return after the bye.
Lining up for Box Hill this weekend :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back