Rumour Hodgey to the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I especially like this bit

"Sam McLure reported on Monday morning..."

And hodge had rung him back before the show had even finished

Said that Evans had asked him tongue in cheek but since retirement hasn't heard from him and he was heading to Colac to play with some mates

According to Maclure he didn't say he wouldn't go if the call did come but when Lyon asked if he stood by his call he said "I think it would be a good move if he got asked"

And hodge had rung him back before the show had even finished

Said that Evans had asked him tongue in cheek but since retirement hasn't heard from him and he was heading to Colac to play with some mates

According to Maclure he didn't say he wouldn't go if the call did come but when Lyon asked if he stood by his call he said "I think it would be a good move if he got asked"

So McLure originally positions this as saying that he knows an official approach had been made, Hodge says it was a tongue in cheek comment between mates weeks ago and nothing formal has been put to him, McLure then says that it would be a good idea if someone did ask Hodgey. The lad has lied through his teeth

Cannot see it happening myself ! Hodgey is a one club player a legend at the Hawks , as much as I would like too see him guide and teach our kids at Brisbane ( why would he go to the Suns train wreck ) I think he won't be lured into a Mitchell type deal

Could coach after tho

Hodge wouldnt have retired at the hawks if he wanted to play on another season so i dont see him joining the suns. it would be good for the suns to get a very good veteran to teach the younger players and to coach but dont see it happening

Hodge wouldnt have retired at the hawks if he wanted to play on another season so i dont see him joining the suns. it would be good for the suns to get a very good veteran to teach the younger players and to coach but dont see it happening

Evidence of the past few years would suggest that players at Hawthorn don't get a lot of say in whether they get to stay at the Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I especially like this bit

"Sam McLure reported on Monday morning..."

Yes, you tend to stop reading right there, but I read on for the laugh. I especially liked the part where he says "He may or may not take up the offer". Brilliant.

And typical of the poor standard of football journalism, no comment from Hodge either confirming or denying it. Just another poor lonely incompetent media person trying to pretend he knows something.

Wouldn't be surprised if the offer had been on the table for some time but has been kept quiet so Hodge can complete his 2 month farewell tour without the Hawthorn supporter base tearing him to shreds for being a traitor. We all know how fickle they can be when their heroes leave to go elsewhere. Well played if so.

Essendon people ..... no grasp of reality whatsoever.

Lewis and Mitchell didn't get a lot of say did they. If Clarkson doesn't want you to play on you don't...no matter who you are

Hale and Lake before that. I think Lakey would have liked another year from memory.

Can't see it happening for the simple fact that he announced his retirement whilst knowing several of these offers would be available should he have chosen to go on

Lewis and Mitchell didn't get a lot of say did they. If Clarkson doesn't want you to play on you don't...no matter who you are
Lewis wantes more then one year and his management approached the demons. We found out through the media and facilitated his request While Mitchell has sounded out a coaching role at wce for 2018. And his wife had a job lined up in W.A. and they planned to relocate Hawthorn didnt do s**t.

Tldr. Both requested trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back