Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
What's the word on his groin?

When he got subbed off I assumed it was serious as you don't take the captain off for no reason but I haven't heard anything about it today and I guess when it comes to injuries, no news is good news.

Will he be right for next week?

P.S. They said on the radio this morning that Sewell and Stratts should be back for next week :thumbsu:

Last thing I remember him doing was that deliberate free kick. Let's hope it was concussion!

Late on Ch7 broadcast they did think groin/adductor from that same incident and caused maybe by how hard he ran just to get to the ball and overdid it.
I'm no doctor and neither are the commentators, so who knows. He appeared to have an ice-pack in the groin area, not that I was looking!!;)

Last edited:
Didn't Clarko say in the post match presser it was a groin? We probably won't hear anything more until the injury report on Tuesday I wouldn't think, especially if he has to have scans or anything (do they scan groin injuries? :oops: )

Typical Hawks fashion I'm tipping Hodge will be listed as 1-2 weeks for the next 5 weeks :p

And then he'll get named, and be a late withdrawal... It writes itself ;)

Hodgey wont play this week. Groin.
Mitch should. Touch and go conservative approach last night.
Stratton and Sewell are right to go.
Schoey for BHHAwks next w/e.
Lake is injured despite his suspension. Rnd 5 at best.

Above info after chatting to a hawk staffer I know at Willy this arvo.

Anderson hurt his shoulder whilst I was there:(

Hodgey wont play this week. Groin.
Mitch should. Touch and go conservative approach last night.
Stratton and Sewell are right to go.
Schoey for BHHAwks next w/e.
Lake is injured despite his suspension. Rnd 5 at best.

Above info after chatting to a hawk staffer I know at Willy this arvo.

Anderson hurt his shoulder whilst I was there:(
Weeks for Hodge?
What has Lake done?
How bad were Spang and Ando?

As big a loss as he'd be for the Freo game I'm hoping the match committee doesn't take a risk if indeed the injury is serious. He's one player we need fit & firing at the business end and at Hodgey's age it pays to be a little more cautious with these things.

Weeks for Hodge?
What has Lake done?
How bad were Spang and Ando?
"Not major" was the word on Hodge however, "very conservative approach for the older players" were the words used when we were discussing Mitch's absence from the night before. As such I would suspect 1-2. Suggested Mitch would have played if he was a younger player.
I didnt see Spang get hurt.
Was right near Ando when he went down. Didnt seem bad but it clearly hurt him. My contact didn't appear overly concerned. Just said when i asked where he was that "he's hurt his shoulder".
Lake has a calf problem. needed some minor surgery and has had some minor complications since. Did say Rnd 5 return, but given lack of match practice I would suspect it would be with BH anyway.
I dont think Schoe will be long out of side as he made strong comment on how "incredibly naturally fit" he is.

Cheers

"Not major" was the word on Hodge however, "very conservative approach for the older players" were the words used when we were discussing Mitch's absence from the night before. As such I would suspect 1-2. Suggested Mitch would have played if he was a younger player.
I didnt see Spang get hurt.
Was right near Ando when he went down. Didnt seem bad but it clearly hurt him. My contact didn't appear overly concerned. Just said when i asked where he was that "he's hurt his shoulder".
Lake has a calf problem. needed some minor surgery and has had some minor complications since. Did say Rnd 5 return, but given lack of match practice I would suspect it would be with BH anyway.
I dont think Schoe will be long out of side as he made strong comment on how "incredibly naturally fit" he is.

Cheers
Thanks mate. Hope you're right to an extent. Mitch, Sewell and Stratts will be pretty handy for Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spangher had his calf strapped at Box Hill, when he went off he had ice on the same calf as well as his elbow. TV commentators said Anderson's shoulder popped in and out!!

Suspected Lake was injured, his conspicuous absence from any of the practice matches despite the suspension was ringing alarm bells for me.

Time to test our depth!!

Last edited:
God I hate it when any player gets a groin injury...

I don't want to even think about that!

Did Stratts play box hill??

Clarko said after round one that he would come back via box hill, therefore won't play against Freo if hasn't played for box hill this weekend

I hope if Hodgey and/or Mitch aren't 100% ready to go on Friday night, they don't start. I'd rather see someone get a chance for their first game than have one of our leaders replaced early in the game. Freo would have a chance of tiring in the last 15 or so minutes, and we have proved in our games we finish strongly. We can win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back