Injury Hodgey

Remove this Banner Ad

If Clarko plays him it would be a signal that he is concerned with out defense.

Personally I like an underdone Strats offers more in the backline than a few currently there.

But I don't really know how underdone he is

I have no inside info, but just with what others have been saying around here the past couple of days he is still a couple of weeks away. Being so early in the season I can't see him coming into the team with out a game or two at Box Hill first (and I think that applies to almost any player). Likewise, I don't think any player will come in underdone unless we have literally run out of players for that position (i.e. completely desperate), they will have to be close to 100% fit before they play games. Maybe at the end of the season it might be different but at this point it's too risky.

Winning the game against the scum at least gives us some breathing space. If we were staring down going 1-2 then Clarko might be tempted to make some short term decisions. Thankfully we banked the 4 points.

Worst part is we have a very tough draw until our bye. Hopefully we can continue to bank some wins without our full team available at this stage of the season

Our pre-season was looking ridiculously injury-free, ever since a couple of weeks out of the season we have copped many. Not enough touching wood by people mentioning how good our injury list was looking! :p

Has happened to us a few times over the past 4-5 years.

Winning the game against the scum at least gives us some breathing space. If we were staring down going 1-2 then Clarko might be tempted to make some short term decisions. Thankfully we banked the 4 points.

Worst part is we have a very tough draw until our bye. Hopefully we can continue to bank some wins without our full team available at this stage of the season

It's just a very tough draw in general.

Purely speculation, but I get the feeling this might keep Hodge out for a while. We've been here before. Hoping Suckling can keep up the good work across half back to negate losing the Cap'n.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back