Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Heard a whisper that he might want to head home and the Dees are understanding. Would result in a three way deal, with Hogan to Freo, Freo first pick to the Crows and Lever to Dees. That would be the guts of the deal with probably some minor work on the sides.

Really just a consideration at this point and depends on what Hogan wants to do given the year from hell he has had.

I would be surprised if it hadn't crossed his mind multiple times this year.

But Freo will giving up more than their first for Hogan. No way does he get taken in a mini draft underage, developed for 4 years, supported through injury and misery, only to be traded away for Freo to buy at a bargain basement price.

But Freo will giving up more than their first for Hogan. No way does he get taken in a mini draft underage, developed for 4 years, supported through injury and misery, only to be traded away for Freo to buy at a bargain basement price.

Lever for Hogan is a great deal for melbourne... crows would need more from freo

Lever for Hogan is a great deal for melbourne... crows would need more from freo

Hang on.... a 22 year old key forward (rare as hell) who pulled in 40 goals a year in his first 2 years is worth the same as an unaccountable yet very capable 3rd tall defender?

one of them is part of the foundations of a side, part of the spine. One of them is a luxury that takes a team from good to great.

And you think if we swapped Hogan for Lever we'd be getting a 'great deal'?

No thankyou.

Don't be a goose.
An intercept marker who plays on the 3rd best forward versus one of the most promising young KPF's the comp has seen?
Go away

Hang on.... a 22 year old key forward (rare as hell) who pulled in 40 goals a year in his first 2 years is worth the same as an unaccountable yet very capable 3rd tall defender?

one of them is part of the foundations of a side, part of the spine. One of them is a luxury that takes a team from good to great.

And you think if we swapped Hogan for Lever we'd be getting a 'great deal'?

No thankyou.

Hogan is a raw talent but he has things going against him...

1) Wants to go home, had a rough run. Mind
Don't be a goose.
An intercept marker who plays on the 3rd best forward versus one of the most promising young KPF's the comp has seen?
Go away

hogan been through a lot, and his mind/body language was fragile before all this. Things go wrong on the footy field and watch him do a mccarthy and * off for unders

hogan been through a lot, and his mind/body language was fragile before all this. Things go wrong on the footy field and watch him do a mccarthy and **** off for unders
Don't make comparisons to McCarthy, just don't.
And all the sh*t aside, has still managed to kick goals at a rate up there with the best when they were of similar age.
In no world would anyone consider trading Hogan for Lever a fair swap.

hogan been through a lot, and his mind/body language was fragile before all this. Things go wrong on the footy field and watch him do a mccarthy and **** off for unders

Perhaps, but McCarthy went so far as to take an entire year off just because he was so mentally fragile he couldn't stand being away from WA.

Compare that to the nightmare of a year Hogan has just faced.... during which he's continued to play and continued to perform.

If he WANTS to go home, then Melb will help him go. But I am of the opinion that Hogan saying he'd like to go home is still worth a lot more than Lever who has basically said Sionara already.

Upshot is if we lose Hogan for Lever, our supporters will feel like we've been bent over, and not unjustifiably so.

Don't make comparisons to McCarthy, just don't.
And all the sh*t aside, has still managed to kick goals at a rate up there with the best when they were of similar age.
In no world would anyone consider trading Hogan for Lever a fair swap.

straight swaps don't happen anymore, hogan for lever would involve picks galore. Melbourne rate hogan as the messiah when the reality is he's just a good young player building. Give it another year and lets see the difference between the 2.

No doubt on your points.

A few things to consider here.

Lever = Hogan - i think not, Melbourne lose there.
Lever = Pick 5 - about right.
Hogan = Pick 5. i think not, Freo would need to give more.

IF Jesse did decide he wanted to return home i can see a guy like Weller being involved. I DO NOT want to lose Weller but to get a good player you need to give one up sometimes and Weller is certainly someone that the Dees would be keen on involving in such a deal.

straight swaps don't happen anymore, hogan for lever would involve picks galore. Melbourne rate hogan as the messiah when the reality is he's just a good young player building. Give it another year and lets see the difference between the 2.
May I refer you back to your original post?

Melbourne get absolutely crapped on in that deal so stop talking garbage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just relax, it is just a rumor. If I thought it was more than that I would have posted it in the trade section but did not feel that appropriate.

When does Hogan become an RFA? That may weigh on any decision also. Better to deal under contract than wait and maybe just get a compo pick at a time when an established player is more valuable.

If this was going to happen, I'd say a player would also be going to Mel.

Something like

5 -> Adl
Lever -> Mel
Hogan -> Freo
Crozier & Balic -> Mel
Adl 3rd -> Freo
Mel 2018 4th -> Freo

Love it to happen, but can't see it happening.

Freo fans can dream.

No doubt on your points.

A few things to consider here.

Lever = Hogan - i think not, Melbourne lose there.
Lever = Pick 5 - about right.
Hogan = Pick 5. i think not, Freo would need to give more.

IF Jesse did decide he wanted to return home i can see a guy like Weller being involved. I DO NOT want to lose Weller but to get a good player you need to give one up sometimes and Weller is certainly someone that the Dees would be keen on involving in such a deal.

I think Kelly is worth more than Pick 5. I think the crows would ask for a early to mid 2nd rounder to make it fair. (Similar to the Beams deal).

I do agree that Hogan is worth more than Kelly.

Pick 5 History - (Pick 4 and 5 are a lot better)
Will Setterfield Greater Western Sydney Sandringham U18 2016
Darcy Parish Essendon Geelong U18 2015
Jordan De Goey Collingwood Oakleigh U18 2014
Kade Kolodjashnij Gold Coast Launceston 2013
Jake Stringer Western Bulldogs Bendigo U18 2012
Matt Buntine Greater Western Sydney Dandenong U18 2011
Jared Polec Brisbane Lions Woodville-West Torrens 2010
Ben Cunnington North Melbourne Geelong U18 2009

Melbourne: Lever plus Freo's 2018 1st round pick
Freo: Hogan plus Melbourne 2018 1st round pick plus Crows 2nd or 3rd Pick ??
Adelaide: Pick 5 plus Freo's 2nd rounder

This is almost more than I want to give, which means it is probably fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back