Rumour Hogan homeward bound?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a whisper that he might want to head home and the Dees are understanding. Would result in a three way deal, with Hogan to Freo, Freo first pick to the Crows and Lever to Dees. That would be the guts of the deal with probably some minor work on the sides.

Really just a consideration at this point and depends on what Hogan wants to do given the year from hell he has had.

That's a horrible deal for Melbourne.

Hogan last year was going home according to 90% of journos but ended up staying, I won't believe anything until something official comes out.

Hogan last year was going home according to 90% of journos but ended up staying, I won't believe anything until something official comes out.

Relax, as I said its a rumor and a lot would have to happen eg Hogan deciding he wants to go home before it even got rolling.

OP has a history of actually being close to spot on with the whispers he hears (on multiple occasions).

Op is a credible source.

I think you are being overly kind. Sometimes I get what I consider to be good mail based on the source and it making sense, this one is no where near that quality, just joining a few dots, using some logic based on a whisper I heard and some comments re there being a lot of surprises this trade period.

Like the sound of this rumour. There'd be some other picks / players involved presumably.

Would Melbourne be interested in Taberner if they lost Hogan? He's shown some improvement recently. Balic is also looking for a team in Melbourne, plenty of potential if he get his body / head right.

As I said it would be the guts of the deal, there would be more to it if it got legs. Think of the alternative if he goes home at the end of this contract, and Freo are say, mid table. You would get a mid first round pick as compo and that would be it. I think we are going to have to get used to players being traded whilst in contract as clubs seek to get a bit more control over trades.

As I said it would be the guts of the deal, there would be more to it if it got legs. Think of the alternative if he goes home at the end of this contract, and Freo are say, mid table. You would get a mid first round pick as compo and that would be it. I think we are going to have to get used to players being traded whilst in contract as clubs seek to get a bit more control over trades.

If he goes home at the end of this contract that will be the 2019 trade period, a hell of a lot can happen between now and then. We'd get more than a 'mid first rounder' anyway because he won't be a free agent.

Heard a whisper that he might want to head home and the Dees are understanding. Would result in a three way deal, with Hogan to Freo, Freo first pick to the Crows and Lever to Dees. That would be the guts of the deal with probably some minor work on the sides.

Really just a consideration at this point and depends on what Hogan wants to do given the year from hell he has had.
Look a little one sided to me. Maybe we could throw in Oliver and get a pick upgrade back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This s**t about Lever being some sort of 'cream on the cake' and completely unaccountable has to stop.

21 yo, 54 game defender doesn't dominate rebounding while playing on the best KF ala Scarlett, Rance etc. More breaking news at 11.

I think you are being overly kind. Sometimes I get what I consider to be good mail based on the source and it making sense, this one is no where near that quality, just joining a few dots, using some logic based on a whisper I heard and some comments re there being a lot of surprises this trade period.

You have been literally right alot.

This one you might be throwing a bit of holy water over for the masses... but your info has always proved good.

This s**t about Lever being some sort of 'cream on the cake' and completely unaccountable has to stop.

21 yo, 54 game defender doesn't dominate rebounding while playing on the best KF ala Scarlett, Rance etc. More breaking news at 11.

He made AA at 21, that is impressive.

If he goes home at the end of this contract that will be the 2019 trade period, a hell of a lot can happen between now and then. We'd get more than a 'mid first rounder' anyway because he won't be a free agent.

Yeah he will. RFA but Freo would have a mountain of cap space that they are banking at the moment. Outside of Waters, Fyfe and the Hills who commands decent coin? Mundy, Sandi and Johnston will all go in the next year or two so if it comes to an RFA deal, matching and forcing the trade may be difficult.

And who was the other in the AA team? Howe.

Even adjusted for age, nobody would give what adelaide want for lever for howe.

He is unaccountable. He is cream. Thats not to say he isn't valuable but it is to say he is what Melbourne dont need is we could get better KPP or mids.

And who was the other in the AA team? Howe.

Even adjusted for age, nobody would give what adelaide want for lever for howe.

He is unaccountable. He is cream. Thats not to say he isn't valuable but it is to say he is what Melbourne dont need is we could get better KPP or mids.

Howe made the squad but was not selected, is also 5 years older and not as tall. I am hugely sold on Lever but his record to date is outstanding. Dustin Fletcher played most of his career as the loose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back