Rumour Hogan homeward bound?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he will. RFA but Freo would have a mountain of cap space that they are banking at the moment. Outside of Waters, Fyfe and the Hills who commands decent coin? Mundy, Sandi and Johnston will all go in the next year or two so if it comes to an RFA deal, matching and forcing the trade may be difficult.

How will he be a RFA? Even if they count his underage year with us he will have been with us for 7 years and 8 is the minimum requirement.

Like the sound of this rumour. There'd be some other picks / players involved presumably.

Would Melbourne be interested in Taberner if they lost Hogan? He's shown some improvement recently. Balic is also looking for a team in Melbourne, plenty of potential if he get his body / head right.
I knew it wouldn't take long for Taberner to be thrown into the mix. Not at all interested in him. Balic I wouldn't mind looking at on the cheap.

And who was the other in the AA team? Howe.

Even adjusted for age, nobody would give what adelaide want for lever for howe.

He is unaccountable. He is cream. Thats not to say he isn't valuable but it is to say he is what Melbourne dont need is we could get better KPP or mids.

Melbourne looked better when Hogan was out of the side.

McDonald is a good kpf and without the attitude problems/poor body language of Hogan.

Lever is a gun with a great attitude and leadership written all over him.

The kid was a knee reco away from going number 1 in his draft year and since then has shown he is clearly the best player from his draft year.

He's already Adelaide's most or second most important defender and one of the more courageous players in the comp.

I'm not saying losing Hogan is a great thing.

But if you did lose him, imo it wouldn't be that bad, given McDonald's second coming as a key forward and gaining the best young defender in the comp for the other end.

I would argue it's a no lose trade, and possibly a gain trade for the Demons.

I watch Lever every home game. He is genuinely effing elite.

I've seen Hogan live a bit as well. Lever is a higher producer than him already and is younger.

McDonald is a good kpf and without the attitude problems/poor body language of Hogan.

The kid was a knee reco away from going number 1 in his draft year and since then has shown he is clearly the best player from his draft year.

He's already Adelaide's most or second most important defender and one of the more courageous players in the comp.

But if you did lose him, imo it wouldn't be that bad, given McDonald's second coming as a key forward and gaining the best young defender in the comp for the other end.

I've seen Hogan live a bit as well. Lever is a higher producer than him already and is younger.

Hogan plays as the main KPF in an average side and had an excellent 2015, ok 2016 and 2017 was a writeoff for reasons outside footy. Lever I rate very highly but he isn't playing with anywhere near as much responsibility as Hogan does. To say he is already a higher producer is a silly thing to say.

I think Hogan get seriously underrated at times. When he was got and up and going this year he played some good footy. It's like how people say Melbourne play better without Gawn. Have a look at round one Gawn and Hogan were excellent. Unfortunately both had very interrupted years.

Its a fairly non-committal whisper...

I haven't said Lever isn't elite. I have said he is not the kind of player we need for the price asked.

As for the rest, I'm not going to bother.

Lever has performed better than Hogan has. Hogan has so many issues he may never have a full AFL career.

Lol, stick 2 players on Lever, or even a barely competent defensive forward and lets see how he goes.

The comparison is inherently silly. If Hogan was any other team's forward, he'd have another 4 years before anyone dared brush aside the "big forwards need time to develop". People compare Hogan to the media hype, not to the player he is on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, stick 2 players on Lever, or even a barely competent defensive forward and lets see how he goes.

The comparison is inherently silly. If Hogan was any other team's forward, he'd have another 4 years before anyone dared brush aside the "big forwards need time to develop". People compare Hogan to the media hype, not to the player he is on the field.
You compare how player play in their positions.
Lol, put Scully as a defender on Rory Lobb and see how he goes.
Sigh.

You compare how player play in their positions.
Lol, put Scully as a defender on Rory Lobb and see how he goes.
Sigh.

Ok genius. Take away other defenders doing the hard work and Lever is out at sea.

Hogan does the hard work taking 2 defenders, and the other forwards (not being hyped in this scenario) can now get free and kick goals.

Not to mention that while doing this, Hogan still gets his 1 or 2 a game on average.

And you're telling me that Lever is more valuable and produces more than Hogan?

Lever has performed better than Hogan has. Hogan has so many issues he may never have a full AFL career.
Bullsh*t.
That's false and how can you even compare? They play at opposite ends of the ground.
By your logic, you've actually contradicted yourself because Lever had a knee reco pre AFL debut so the affects of that are still in the mix and has missed multiple games through injury.

So basically we're going to have to get Hogan to start signing extensions every year now before people will stop spouting this s**t?

Yep even though he is contracted for another 2 years, and according to that idiot on the previous page Freo will tank hard as soon as we hear the next rumour

Yep even though he is contracted for another 2 years, and according to that idiot on the previous page Freo will tank hard as soon as we hear the next rumour

Schache is also signed for 2 years but thats not stopping the talk...

Well Hogan didn't sign an extension to stay, pull out of a reserve's Grand Final then pack up his house.

Hogan has been normal, Schache has split personalities.

He didnt pull out, he wasnt selected for the previous final match and was given permission to head home early, and he hasnt completely packed his gear, he packed his CLOTHES because he was going away for 8 weeks.

But yeah no, hes all but signed to Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back