Rumour Hogan homeward bound?

Remove this Banner Ad

How much consideration do clubs put on picking locals?

Hardly seems worth taking a slightly better player from interstate and having to deal with this sh1t every year.

Not saying that was an option for Melbourne with Hogan, but I'd rather an 8 from Vic than a 8.5 from interstate.

Especially with free agency.

Hardly seems worth taking a slightly better player from interstate and having to deal with this sh1t every year.

Not saying that was an option for Melbourne with Hogan, but I'd rather an 8 from Vic than a 8.5 from interstate.

I think Vic clubs can do this to some extent, but it is not an option for non Vic clubs. At best 10% of the talent comes from there state. You just need to back you club to keep them.

Hogoan did say last year that he was considering coming home, but had a sit down meeting with Goodwin which convinced him to stay

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/why-jesse-hogan-snubbed-freo-ng-ya-119928

His homesickness wasn't made up. It is possible that after the year he's had it's come back, especially with all the stuff with his Dad. It's also very possible that Melbourne have given him the support he needs and these rumours are bs. Very presumptuous to write this rumour off on face value though

I think it's much more unlikely than likely that he leaves though

Hogoan did say last year that he was considering coming home, but had a sit down meeting with Goodwin which convinced him to stay

His homesickness wasn't made up. It is possible that after the year he's had it's come back, especially with all the stuff with his Dad. It's also very possible that Melbourne have given him the support he needs and these rumours are bs. Very presumptuous to write this rumour off on face value though

Could amyone begrudge him leaving?
I think the point of contention between supporter bases is the trade value.

Lever for Hoges aint on the money in terms of what they are worth to us.

No, Adelaide fans incorrectly think Melbourne are offering more coin than Hogan.

Key word, incorrectly.
So Hogan is on more than 800K, or lever is being offered less than that?

Heard a whisper that he might want to head home and the Dees are understanding. Would result in a three way deal, with Hogan to Freo, Freo first pick to the Crows and Lever to Dees. That would be the guts of the deal with probably some minor work on the sides.

Really just a consideration at this point and depends on what Hogan wants to do given the year from hell he has had.
Was told exactly same thing today from an influential Melb supporter.
Has had a difficult year as we all know and club is understanding of his situation.
This is one rumour which I think has some truth about it.

Why would any AFL player want to come to the West ? potentially only get to about 220 games, never get to play home finals and be outside the purple circle of Victorian Clubs and the massive advantage they share ?

Why would any AFL player want to come to the West ? potentially only get to about 220 games, never get to play home finals and be outside the purple circle of Victorian Clubs and the massive advantage they share ?

In this case it's obviously the pull of family, especially after the tumultuous couple of years poor Hoges has gone through.

Also any young player isn't thinking about the bright lights of Melbourne when they are trying to get drafted, then club loyalty kicks in.

Geelong do that. Pick country vic players or locals first

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also said if he didnt move last year he couldnt see himself evet going home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the stars were aligned for a move last year, which despite all the chatter was still only a remote possibility.

To move now? I mean sure, perhaps, but it would fly in the face of probability.

What's the basis of the rumour? I'd bet my left nut it actually has very little to do with Hogan's request.

More that Melbourne really dig Lever. They need collateral and have made the call for Hogan.

This is all speculation and is paying odds of roughly 1425-1.

I'll still entertain scenarios and happy to commentate but if Hogan is in purple next year I'll be 'Suban kicking a goal with his right leg' type surprised.

All that said.

5 and Balic gets it done hey?

All the stars were aligned for a move last year, which despite all the chatter was still only a remote possibility.

To move now? I mean sure, perhaps, but it would fly in the face of probability.

What's the basis of the rumour? I'd bet my left nut it actually has very little to do with Hogan's request.

More that Melbourne really dig Lever. They need collateral and have made the call for Hogan.

This is all speculation and is paying odds of roughly 1425-1.

I'll still entertain scenarios and happy to commentate but if Hogan is in purple next year I'll be 'Suban kicking a goal with his right leg' type surprised.

All that said.

5 and Balic gets it done hey?
No. He is 2 top 10 picks or players of the value. Balic is a third rounder value.

No. He is 2 top 10 picks or players of the value. Balic is a third rounder value.

Calm down 'quick draw'. Clearly my last line was tongue in cheek after everything written beforehand.

It's as if all you read was PICK 5 AND BALIC and missed the whole tone of my post.

It's ok. Next time I'll use emojis and pictures so the younger generation can understand.

Calm down 'quick draw'. Clearly my last line was tongue in cheek after everything written beforehand.

It's as if all you read was PICK 5 AND BALIC and missed the whole tone of my post.

It's ok. Next time I'll use emojis and pictures so the younger generation can understand.
It's ok. I figured it was a joke. :thumbsu:

I think Vic clubs can do this to some extent, but it is not an option for non Vic clubs. At best 10% of the talent comes from there state. You just need to back you club to keep them.

Complete rubbish if the recruiters from Eagles and Dockers are doing their job correctly at least half the side should be WA boys plenty regularly overlooked by them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back