FTA-TV Hoges

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed part 1 largely because of the nostalgia trip. Part 2 was pretty disappointing and flopped much like Hoges career post Crocodile Dundee

Didn't really give much insight into why his career went down the toilet massively

They could have just added the Crocodile Dundee stuff to Part 1 rather than having a Part 2 as there wasn't much worth noting career wise after that.

I noticed they skipped over his movie flops like Lightning Jack and Flipper and just focused on his success with his Crocodile Dundee films.

At least he made the wise decision to pass on doing Ghost, that would have been another disaster with Hoges playing the Patrick Swayze role.

Thank christ they didn't dub over the voices in American accents.

Are our accents really that hard to understand anyway?!?!

Didn't really give much insight into why his career went down the toilet massively

3 words: Almost an Angel.
Lol I remember seeing that at the cinema. :oops:

Thank christ they didn't dub over the voices in American accents.

Are our accents really that hard to understand anyway?!?!

3 words: Almost an Angel.
Lol I remember seeing that at the cinema. :oops:

I watched a show about The Ghan (train) the other day and was surprised to see that it was an American production. I was even more surprised to see they had sub-titles for some of the Aussies that they interviewed o_O

They could have just added the Crocodile Dundee stuff to Part 1 rather than having a Part 2 as there wasn't much worth noting career wise after that.

I noticed they skipped over his movie flops like Lightning Jack and Flipper and just focused on his success with his Crocodile Dundee films.

At least he made the wise decision to pass on doing Ghost, that would have been another disaster with Hoges playing the Patrick Swayze role.

Admittedly I haven't wantched it for a long time but I actually quite enjoyed Lightning Jack.

Charlie and Boots was pretty decent too.

That was the laziest inclusion of a big name ever. Not even a high school musical would be so shithouse. Didn't see last week or much of this week but it could have been Godfather 2 level & be torn down by the Eastwood bit. 1% rotten tomatoes
At least Eastwood was recognisable... unlike their Dustin Hoffman character.

I've always wished they would repeat his tv shows but I think Hoges and John Cornell hold the rights to them and won't allow them to be shown again.

There was a Hoges special a while ago which packaged up some of the highlights from his tv shows but it still left out some of his best stuff.

From memory they want a bucket load of cash to show them again.

Born in the late 60s I ******* loved his show.

Hoges, Strop, Delvene, later on Karen Pini (former Penthouse Pet), Leo w***er, Nigel Lovelace (11 years of age, almost 12), The Stung, Sgt Donga, Luigi the Great, Super Yob (from the depths of the Brewongle Stand), Super Dag, John McEnHoges, Vitas Vegimitis, Rod Stewart (doing Young Turks), Bryan Ferry (doing Let's Stick Together), Killer Mullett.

The bloke is/was a genuis.

They showed a bit of his Leo W@nker character but missed the best bits about which was the guys shooting the fire extinguishers at him after a stunt went wrong, and the head wobble he did. But Hoges comedy back in those days was pretty sexist and sometimes a bit racist, times have changed. I remember one skit he did where he was extolling the virtues of exercise and he lies in a banana lounge, then a bikini clad woman with big **** lowers the top of the banana lounge so he's looking right up at her ****, then she lifts him back to sitting position. Hoges shouts "one"...then repeat..."Two" etc. The feminazi's would have a fit if they showed that on TV today.

Arrr, I might be fat, but I'm not stupid.

Don't forget Leo w***er also tipping the can of Solo over himself.

Strop's hangover cure after their big party. I forget all the ingredients but I remember is had raw egg, tobasco sauce, warm Fosters, salt and pepper and was stirred with a spoon dipped in Vegemite. He actually threw up after he drank and Hoges bolted from the room, not sure if he vomitted too or just dry wretched. lol, I also remember them doing the toast on a nail on the wall with the oxy.

Strop's hangover cure after their big party. I forget all the ingredients but I remember is had raw egg, tobasco sauce, warm Fosters, salt and pepper and was stirred with a spoon dipped in Vegemite. He actually threw up after he drank and Hoges bolted from the room, not sure if he vomitted too or just dry wretched.
Top 10 TV Memories/moments from all time.

And the before was funny as '' I had a dream Hoges, dreamt me and this brunette were kissing and I snuggled into her hair, woke up next to the Afghan''

Strop's hangover cure after their big party. I forget all the ingredients but I remember is had raw egg, tobasco sauce, warm Fosters, salt and pepper and was stirred with a spoon dipped in Vegemite. He actually threw up after he drank and Hoges bolted from the room, not sure if he vomitted too or just dry wretched. lol, I also remember them doing the toast on a nail on the wall with the oxy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like this show because the main actors wig looks silly and I don't like comedy from the 70's and 80's

But I need to fill column space so I'll pad it out to try dress it up as a thought out review

And for the record Hoges was funny pencil neck

I loved the old comedy shows and Hogan , some modern day comedy is good but I get sick of women swearing and talking about their vaginas and blow jobs to get a laugh.
Hogan himself , gave them the all clear for the show, but you know Hogan was unlike anyone else , nothing was really made up , in his character , he was just a natural comic and the time was right for him.
I got him, as did millions of others he sent everyone up including himself and to try and portray that individual as himself ( which is all Hoges was on stage or screen) is damned near impossible, the show is OK , its no masterpiece.
Perhaps should have been left alone , and let Hoges do his own stage show around the country about himself.
He's done it once should revisit that idea!

Apart from the awful wig I thought Josh Lawson did a reasonably good job as Hoges.

It was never going to be easy finding someone to look like Hoges and be able to pull off his laconic style of humour which was so unique, Josh Lawson didn't look much like Hoges but he got his laconic style of humour pretty much spot on.

It would be interesting to see what Hoges himself thought of the show if he watched it.

Next series will be on the life and times of Greg Norman. They will be using the same actor and same wig

That will make it a lot easier for the film makers. There will be no shortage of material to make a mini series out of the Great White Shark.
The time he lost the US Masters after leading by 6 strokes will definitely feature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back