Toast Hold Your Heads High People - Add Gibbs, Kreuzer and actual Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Great effort by the boys against the odds.

Some costly errors - In hindsight, Davies' sling on Darling after the goal..

I save special mention for the umpiring.

Duigan gets his arms chopped - No free - Eagles goal

Walker molested in the final seconds - No free

Finally, special shout out to Tuohy!

Great effort by the boys against the odds.

Some costly errors - In hindsight, Davies' sling on Darling after the goal..

I save special mention for the umpiring.

Duigan gets his arms chopped - No free - Eagles goal

Walker molested in the final seconds - No free

Finally, special shout out to Tuohy!

The umpiring was hardly one way. The Eagles were unlucky with a few in the second half too.

Our key player is the one you didn't mention: Waite.

He is our Most Important Player.

Gibbs and Kruez would have been nice, and yeah given the differences in team strength, mighty impressive effort by the 22.

Provided we can build on what we have achieved in 2011, we will be a flag contender in 2012 - but another key forward would help.

Throw JW into the 2012 mix. What a game. Despite Chamberlain's best efforts, that's what AFL footy is still all about. Gotta be happy with the season for mine. Juddy a puzzle, guess he had the entire Selwood family against him tonight.

I know I'm in enemy territory right now but felt compelled to say RESPECT. Better luck next year blues. umpire didn't pay a free down the ground in the last. Bizarre really. Murphy would have had a shot from 30. Anyhow, hold your heads uP.

Hey guys. I've probably never posted on your board before, but kudos to your side for their efforts. Just wouldn't lie down. Much respect.

Yes, some questionable decisions, but it did go both ways most of the night. Really fear that we may meet again in September for a few years yet, and you'll only be better. :/

Great game, honestly could of gone either way. But I must say for last years wooden spooners to beat a quality Melbourne team with this years Brownlow medalist on board is a huge effort. Looking forward to next year and the battles that will ensure...

I'm with zee on this one 100%. The umpires were a ****ing joke tonight. For those who say "there was a few questionable calls, but they went each way"... I can only shake my head and wonder what game you were watching, because it certainly wasn't the Blues vs Eagles. In the first quarter I was thinking we might have a good game on our hands, but the umpire decisions in the 2nd quarter would have made me laugh hysterically if not for the fact that it made me want to cry at the same time. Absolutely horrendous calls in the 2nd. I particularly loved the way that Eagles players were allowed to tackle Blues opponents when they didn't have the ball, but when a Carlton player does so much as fart near an Eagles player, yep, sure enough the maggot blows his whistle and gives them a free. One thing that comes to mind at the moment is when a Carlton player is tackled in the act of kicking, and doesn't make contact with the ball. You want to call that a free? No worries, I can accept that. Just do me a favour -- CALL IT THE SAME ****ING WAY FOR BOTH TEAMS!!! Not long later and Eagles player had all day to dispose of the ball, gets tackled and doesn't get a foot to the ball, at which point I'm thinking "good chase, now we have the free"... but what happened? Yep, that's right - no call and play on.

I watched the 3rd quarter and hoped that maybe we had matched the Eagles "donations" to the umps bank accounts and could actually get a fair call, but that soon was obviously a pipe dream early in the quarter when an Eagles player runs about 10 metres and gets tackled, and it's play on. One of our boys (Armfield I think) then gets the ball like 10 seconds later, has a fraction of a nanosecond to get rid of it, and is called for holding the ball. I don't think I have ever been as embarassed and ashamed to be an AFL fan as I was watching the game tonight. Absolutely ****ing pathetic, sorry excuse for umpiring in this game.

As for the 4th quarter, I went and had my shower and got ready for bed then. I honestly couldn't stomach another quarter of the same horse-s**t calls that were happening in the 2nd and 3rd. Gutted that we lost, but it hurts even more to know that we got that close without ever having a real chance to win. I wonder if the umps were in the rooms singing the club song with the Eagles after the win? Afterall, they were the most influential people on the field in helping West Coast win.

Regarding our team though, I agree. You put Waite, Krezuer and Gibbs back in that team, as well as Jamison being fully healthy, and I see no reason why we can't beat the Eagles for at least the forseeable future.

Being at the game, I could list at least 5 dubious decisions off the top of my head that went to Carlton for unknown reasons. But, when I'm home next ill watch it from the TV's perspective and see if I'm wrong.

In saying that, I didn't come here to debate umpiring. I came to congratulate and offer my condolences, it was an epic to say the very least. Warlock held his own well, Henderson was pretty unstoppable and Murphy is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game tonight. Was good in that it was a close game but **** me in the ass! The Umpiring was an absolute JOKE! WTF was with the Shuey apparently NOT dropping the ball!!! Then ridiculously soft free for davies infront of goal and straight after carazzo gets dropped right in front of the umpire and the umpire practically laughs and doesn't give a free! Then Armfield gets the most ridiculous holding the ball against him! Ray Chamberlain or whatever his name is should never Umpire again. What a Joke.

Couldn't agree more with the umpires absolutely crap free kick goals is what killed us but also our team should of had HAMPSON in the goal square no way Glass would've marked the ball uncontested as he did so many times tonight! Where was Bower surely he could've played on one of their talls so I am blaming bad umpiring yes but team structure was a bit off for me. I also think Russell would offer more than Davies. just my 2 cents/vent! Why do we also get so many bloody injuries around finals time are we f$c&ing cursed? Kreuzer,Waite and Gibbsy how nice it would of been to see them play tonight.

Apart from everything else that people have mentioned, I'd like to see the second close WC goal that was tapped out by Warnock. I realise that camera angles can be deceptive, but the camera was on the wing, Warnock was on the goal line and it looks like the goal post is behind his hand (from the camera's perspective) when he hits the ball.

So, drawing a straight line from the wing, through the ball and Warnock's hand to the goal post, suggests that the touch was inside the field of play.

I'd love to see it from side on.

Couldn't agree more with the umpires absolutely crap free kick goals is what killed us but also our team should of had HAMPSON in the goal square no way Glass would've marked the ball uncontested as he did so many times tonight! Where was Bower surely he could've played on one of their talls so I am blaming bad umpiring yes but team structure was a bit off for me. I also think Russell would offer more than Davies. just my 2 cents/vent! Why do we also get so many bloody injuries around finals time are we f$c&ing cursed? Kreuzer,Waite and Gibbsy how nice it would of been to see them play tonight.

I'm tipping you didn't watch the Bullants game today, Russell was OK, but he wasn't great. Apart from his brain-fade sling on Darling, I thought Davies was OK tonite. Seemed to be mostly playing on LeCras who managed only 12 disposals and one goal (which he shouldn't have got, but for the free-kick that wasn't paid to Duigan). I would have taken that before the game.

The umpiring was freakin' awful. Tiggy- touchwood ones paid for the first 3/4s, then you could pretty much molest a player in the last with no consequences. Really really frustrating. Can't say it was all one way - there were baffling decisions all round.

Some cost us dearly though. How Duigan didn't get paid a mark or a free when Kennedy came over the top in the last... bounce bounce, goal, game over. Ugh. It just costs so much when they decide "to put the whistle away" after calling anything and everything for most of the game.

when your coach states - flat out - that the umpires cost us the game, then rest assured, the umpires cost us the game.

The game saw 8 free kicks from the centre - what the ****.

As ratten said - walker was lying in the goal square with someone giving him a Swedish back massage before the ball was even in the 50 - no free kick - vlad needs to say something about last nights umpiring, even if its as quiet as a gentle "you will never umpire afl again", but it needs to happen.

Yes eagles were shafted, but they used a massive WMD against the blues.

Very bad umpiring in the second quarter. West Coast got right back into the game because of it as well as the fact they played better in that quarter. The amount of times West Coast players missed the ball when going to kick and it wasn't paid dropping the ball. That free kick against Davies was bullshit it was soft and cost us the match in the end. West Coast player did a similar thing a few minutes later and no free kick to Carlton. Home Ground umpiring over there is a disgrace.
/rant

From the first bounce when that ridiculous free was given to Warnock I knew it was going to be a badly umpired game. Why do they have to try involve themselves on the game so much? They just don't let the game run. Over umpired.

Good game anyway guys. I blame you guys for my future heart problems.

Our boys did us proud last night and should be commended on a great season. Injuries killed us at the wrong time and like others have touched on throw Bryce , Matty and Waite into that team last night and i have no doubt we would of won but that's footy and we were stiff with 90% of the umpiring decisions as well and the non free kick for holding the ball against Shuey was mind boggling and cost us a goal at a crucial time in the game.

Now we have to get ready for an off season full of rumours again regarding the coaching of the team and trades etc!!

Honestly, great game and wonderful spectacle of our great game. Yes, it's easier to say that having eked out a win, but that was a great effort by the blues.

Luke Shuey summed it up after the match when he said that was by far the hardest match they had had all year and the blues were going places. :thumbsu:

To all the blues supporters coming to the Eagles board offering congrats, thank you, well played. :thumbsu:

Not sure who I am more dissappointed in with today. The Umpires of Marcus Davies. They both cost us the game in different ways. I suspect that Davies was less intentional (both with his stupid goal that he gave away and his invisible man act on the field).

I really hope I don't bump in to either of them in the next week to so, because I would spend some time in the clink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back