West Coast
Other Teams
SJ Crushing Sprintcar Team!
Car Brand: Holden
Model: VE Commodore SS-V Utility
Year: 2009
Colour: Black
Engine: 6.0 litre, Generation 4 Alloy V8 engine
Power: 270 kW (362 hp) and 530 N·m (391 lb·ft).
Engine Mods: Growler Big Mouth Cold Air system.
Exhaust: X-Force
Gearbox: Standard
Brakes: Standard
Diff: Standard
Rims: Velocity 20" x 7.5" (vw835)
Suspension: Lowered
Interior: SS Leather and Vinyl
Audio Gear: Rockford Fosgate : 10 inch slim line sub, amp, set of 2 speakers and tweets.
Body Work: Tint, Hard Back and Roll bar.
Future Plans: Paint job, fuel chipped, cam

IMG_4561.jpg

This is my pride and joy :)

Don't understand why you'd put Chevvy badges on, but thats your choice.

I must say, I've never seen rims like those before. Very original.

I like the roll bar too... nice addition!

I have to admit I keep tossing and turning about the Chevvy badges, partly my dad keeps trying to convince me to get them but after going to America and actually seeing the Chevvy cars it's almost an embarrassment to put them on.

As for the roll bar I think they just suit the VE's, I've never liked them on any other Holden Ute, but the VE looks bulky and strong to me, so the roll bars just naturally go, if anyone actually gets what I mean there :p

Nice ute. Pretty much exactly the same as mine except mine is still TOTALLY stock (only has 1300km on it) and I bought the SS. Didn't see the point in spending the extra 7-10k on what essentially amounts to slightly bigger rims, climate control (dual zone in a ute..wtf?) and some coloured bits of plastic/brushed aluminium/leather. Exactly the same engine, running gear and look.

First thing I did was rip that stupid plastic engine cover off and throw it to one side of the garage. I honestly don't see the point. All it does is look pretty where nobody can see it while it holds the heat in!

Next thing I'll be doing is pissing the mufflers off. Great that the VE comes with a twin system as I had to have one installed (including bumper modification obviously) on my VY. Not sure whether to have them completely removed as I did with the VY (loud as hell and backfired like a touring car when gearing down :D) or have them changed for something that gives it a decent note but keeps it smoooth.

I also put a cold air induction system on my VY and I have to say it didn't really seem to do much. I wouldn't bother wasting the money if I was you unless you're a deadset fan of them.

I'm getting serious this time and saving up for a supercharger. :):thumbsu:

And yeah.. chevy badges :eek::thumbsdown:

Like the rims. :thumbsu:

I already got the Cold Air done about 5 weeks ago :p I don't mind it, growls a little more and it seems to take off a bit better too but the next thing to go is those damn Mufflers, they are too quiet. I love the fact it's twins too and wouldn't change that type at all, but I want to get the second option of something with a decent note but keeps it smooth.

I must say but, these VE's are a great ride. Wouldn't take it back any day.

What kind of cold air system did you get? I had an SS Growler Big Mouth. Cost me about $600 from memory.. changing the diff ratio wouldn't have been that much more and would have provided a heap more acceleration. Sacrifice top speed but around suburbia where are you seriously going to get the op to do the kinds of speeds it's capable of regularly?

As far as the ride goes, yes I couldn't believe how much better it was than my VY. Surprisingly more pick up too. Smooth as a baby's backside. Love the gearbox. Love the computer customisation available for the accessories and I looooove the colour scheme - black with black and red seats :)

Did you get the chevy badges?

I bought these chevy bow tie exhaust tips from the US for my VY. They started 3 inches wide and then narrowed out to the bow tie. So my exhaust was 2.5 inch straight through, then flared to 3 inches, then narrowed to about an inch. Certainly had a unique sound. I still have three tips left but I really like the stock ones on the VE.

Yeah I got the Big Mouth system too, cost me 900 but. It does ride a bit better, couldn't believe it when I took off from Holden in it after it had just got done.
You just can't fault the VE except for maybe the take off, it does take a bit to react but once it picks up it takes off, I love it all too.

I didn't end up getting the Chevvy badges. I was going to but when I went over to the US I saw all the Chevvy cars, and being linked to the s**t they produce would be just embarrassing... Americans make some god damn aweful every day cars that's for sure! Although the 2010 Camaro looks stunning!

I'm changing the whole Exhaust system on this, was thinking of the Varex but have been convinced that it's not such a good idea... So still up in arms about what type to get.... Thinking of getting a paint job eventually done too, wouldn't mind maybe a two tone or just something unique. The back panel will have to be eventually painted when I get the scratches buffed off the back. It was vandelised 2 months after I had just brought the damn thing. I was devastated.

You just can't fault the VE except for maybe the take off, it does take a bit to react but once it picks up it takes off, I love it all too.

Yeah the take off takes a bit of getting used to. I was told by the dealer it was due to there being no accelerator cable anymore. It's all sensors now so there's an ever so slight delay/dead spot when you go to take off.

I had some really comical moments just after I got it where I would end up revving the crap out of it and going nowhere or unintentionally doing a little burnout or bunny hopping as I struggled to find the sweet spot. :D

I'm changing the whole Exhaust system on this, was thinking of the Varex but have been convinced that it's not such a good idea... So still up in arms about what type to get.... Thinking of getting a paint job eventually done too, wouldn't mind maybe a two tone or just something unique.

Sounds interesting. Keep us posted. :thumbsu:

The back panel will have to be eventually painted when I get the scratches buffed off the back. It was vandelised 2 months after I had just brought the damn thing. I was devastated.

You just don't **** with another person's car. :mad::thumbsdown:

Yeah the take off takes a bit of getting used to. I was told by the dealer it was due to there being no accelerator cable anymore. It's all sensors now so there's an ever so slight delay/dead spot when you go to take off.

I had some really comical moments just after I got it where I would end up revving the crap out of it and going nowhere or unintentionally doing a little burnout or bunny hopping as I struggled to find the sweet spot. :D

Sounds interesting. Keep us posted. :thumbsu:

You just don't **** with another person's car. :mad::thumbsdown:

Ah so that's why it takes a while, why'd they change it? Are there benefits of it? I know what you meant but, it was quite interesting trying to find that spot... I've also had a few problems of the clutch holding itself in at certain times but it seems to have gotten over that now.

I shore will keep you all posted, because the cars already black I'm thinking of keeping the top half black and maybe having a dark blue/green or perhaps purple on the lower half... I'm also just sick of trying to keep the black clean.

Yeah you never **** with someone's car. I was guttered. Dad came up to me and said do you realise someone's written on the back of your car... Well they wrote "FORD POWER" in a white paint chalf type thing, then tried to rub it out and realised oh s**t, it doesn't come off too well so the idiots got like a key or 50cent coin and scratched some of it off the idiots. I was guttered....,

Ah so that's why it takes a while, why'd they change it? Are there benefits of it?

I think it's mainly because sensors don't wear out whilst cables stretch/fray/snap. It's also meant to be more accurate as well because of this.

I've also had a few problems of the clutch holding itself in at certain times but it seems to have gotten over that now.

That sounds seriously dodgy.. Glad to hear it has sorted itself.

I shore will keep you all posted, because the cars already black I'm thinking of keeping the top half black and maybe having a dark blue/green or perhaps purple on the lower half... I'm also just sick of trying to keep the black clean.

Hmm.. Freo? :eek::D

Yeah you never **** with someone's car. I was guttered. Dad came up to me and said do you realise someone's written on the back of your car... Well they wrote "FORD POWER" in a white paint chalf type thing, then tried to rub it out and realised oh s**t, it doesn't come off too well so the idiots got like a key or 50cent coin and scratched some of it off the idiots. I was guttered....,

That is unbelievable. Really sorry to hear that.. I would be devastated as well not to mention really, really pissed off.

Ford people..

Oh hell no, not Freo colours ever :p

Got my sound system done on Saturday, brought Rockford Fosgate 10 inch slim line sub with 2 speakers and tweets, sounds so damn good!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holden builds its name up by creating great cars like commodores then degrades its self by getting 4 cylinder 4 x4's. This great ute is amazing as a holden dont give that right to the yanks!! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back