Holding our breath

Remove this Banner Ad

The slow down of our board is understandable.

We have all said we believe our club will kick onto greater performances in 2001, there is no need for us to repeat it over and over and over again.

Now is the time for the club to stand up on the field of play, no excuses, no talk of youngsters getting experience, no reasons off-field for not performing.

We must make a huge mark on the AFL THIS season, no poor performances will be accepted, do the deed on the ground men, and win games like PORT ADELAIDE is supposed to win.

So now we just hold our breath until the games actually begin, we don't need to say more, we just need to win games, and then look out, nothing will silence our cries of triumph.

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Chris

Indeed...could not have said it better myself.

Port is a club with a history of exceptional performance. We do not accept that losing is an acceptable outcome. We also have a proud history of making tough decisions in order to ensure success (recruiting a guy from West Adelaide in the '50s is a good example).

We do not accept excuses, and we expect our players to perform...regardless of their "potential" tag. Once you run onto the ground you must give 110%.

I too am holding my breath. I am on the record as saying that I do not think we have the cattle. However, I can feel the tension growing, my nerves are getting to me, I am becomming increasingly irritable and I am finding it hard to concentrate on the tasks at hand. ITS FOOTY SEASON. Now is the time that we get behind the club, and the players to push them to do their best....its time to show this competition what we can do.

Port....the essence of Sport.

ptw

Originally posted by ptw:
Chris

Indeed...could not have said it better myself.

Port is a club with a history of exceptional performance. We do not accept that losing is an acceptable outcome. We also have a proud history of making tough decisions in order to ensure success (recruiting a guy from West Adelaide in the '50s is a good example).

We do not accept excuses, and we expect our players to perform...regardless of their "potential" tag. Once you run onto the ground you must give 110%.

I too am holding my breath. I am on the record as saying that I do not think we have the cattle. However, I can feel the tension growing, my nerves are getting to me, I am becomming increasingly irritable and I am finding it hard to concentrate on the tasks at hand. ITS FOOTY SEASON. Now is the time that we get behind the club, and the players to push them to do their best....its time to show this competition what we can do.

Port....the essence of Sport.

ptw

Thats all I can Stands, Coz I cant stands no more !!!!!!

Gimme Footy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PA1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Back