MRP / Trib. Holeman and Plowman both Given 2 Weeks WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

HTF did the MRO come to the conclusion that either of these deserve 2 weeks...
Michael Christian and his MRO, have NFI and are just wasting the AFL's and Club's time and money, as they will both get chucked out on appeal...

Plowman

Both he and O'Meara were going for the same ball in the same marking contest, both had eyes for the ball and Plowman didn't raise an arm..

Holeman

Textbook tackle, run down from behind didn't sling tackle..
The cats player getting injured is inconsequential, the suns player didn't do anything wrong or break any rules

I hate that plowman one, he was running full blast to try and win the ball. It was just good hard footy. Hope that doesn't get suspended.
Exactly. But you know theyll freeze the vision at some point saying 'he braced'....well of course he did, hit wanted the ball. Footy doesn't happen in slow motion or freeze frame speed

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Terrible decisions. IMHO the Holman run down and tackle from behind is the worst MRO decision I have seen in a long time. Holman either tackles or let's Duncan run away.

What I'd love to see is the players and clubs involved (O'Meara and Hawthorn, Duncan and Geelong) publicly state that they don't think the charges are warranted.

HTF did the MRO come to the conclusion that either of these deserve 2 weeks...
Michael Christian and his MRO, have NFI and are just wasting the AFL's and Club's time and money, as they will both get chucked out on appeal...

Plowman

Both he and O'Meara were going for the same ball in the same marking contest, both had eyes for the ball and Plowman didn't raise an arm..

Holeman

Textbook tackle, run down from behind didn't sling tackle..
The cats player getting injured is inconsequential, the suns player didn't do anything wrong or break any rules
If Plowman bumped O'Meara like that in a 50/50 contest for a ground ball, he would be suspended for committing to a head high bump and concussing an opponent. Nobody would argue about it. Everyone would accept the decision. So why do people think it's okay for Plowman to do it in a marking contest?

Please watch the footage again and explain to me the moment Plowman tried to mark the ball or spoil the ball.
He did neither. He ran into that contest, turned his body side-on and elected to bump a wide-open opponent. Weak.

Thank god the MRO has FINALLY decided to protect players who keep their eye on the ball and punish those who don't.

Now if we can just get the umpires to wake up to themselves.... How the hell did O'Meara not even get a free kick?
Imagine if every defender just elected to smash into Harry McKay every time he led for the ball and tried to mark it.

edit: frame by frame...

RLNT1YR.png

kw2WcqK.png

k5CBdbi.png

SXbw9N8.png

UooF4XV.png

jiGNK5W.png

AVdIwUZ.png

KE47oOK.png

s2fs0TK.png

Last edited:
Holman one is a shocker

I'm 50/50 on the Plowman one though. Never really got his arms in a position to spoil or mark it. The mitigating factor for that though is he may have seen O'Meara very late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DamoESP , when you stop your inane giggling, I challenge you to do the same.

Watch the footage again and tell me the exact moment when Plowman tries to mark the ball or spoil the ball

He doesn't. He just ploughs straight into O'Meara

Maybe I'm just a dummy, but if the AFL are serious about concussions and protecting players, then surely players IN MARKING CONTESTS WITH THEIR EYES ON THE BALL deserve some protection from opponents looking to cannon straight into them with no intent to mark or spoil.

Plowman 5 meters away was thinking chest mark. O'Meara cuts in front of him from a perpendicular angle. Plowman instinct brace. What is he meant to do? If he stuck his arm out for a spoil he probably punches O'Meara in the head or does his own shoulder.

Holman one is textbook run down tackle, just that momentum of running at full sprint carries Duncan down. Textbook chase. Christian has lost touch with the game. He must surely remember what it's like to be running at full sprint and being able to be softly softly.

If Plowman bumped O'Meara like that in a 50/50 contest for a ground ball, he would be suspended for committing to a bump and causing a clash of heads and concussing an opponent. Nobody would argue about it. Everyone would accept the decision. So why do people think it's okay for Plowman to do it in a marking contest?
Uh-huh.

If Plowman bumped O'Meara like that in a 50/50 contest for a ground ball, he would be suspended for committing to a bump and causing a clash of heads and concussing an opponent. Nobody would argue about it. Everyone would accept the decision. So why do people think it's okay for Plowman to do it in a marking contest?

Please watch the footage again and explain to me the moment Plowman tried to mark the ball or spoil the ball.
He did neither. He ran into that contest, turned his body side-on and elected to bump a wide-open opponent.

Weak.

Thank god the MRO has FINALLY decided to protect players who keep their eye on the ball and punish those who don't.
Now if we can just get the umpires to wake up to themselves.... How the hell did O'Meara not even get a free kick?
Imagine if every defender just elected to smash into Harry McKay every time he flew for a mark.

Oh man, there's some clueless Blues fans out there. I never realised until this weekend just how many f**kin' one-eyed idiots they have in their ranks.
And yet another squeal from you...you’re on fire...or maybe having a slight melt.
To call Plowman weak for that...get off your high horse!! As courageous as it gets.
You must be truly naive to think that every club in the league ( and other leagues and sports) doesn’t have one eyed idiot supporters! Including yours as you’ve proven.

DamoESP , when you stop your inane giggling, I challenge you to do the same.

Watch the footage again and tell me the exact moment when Plowman tries to mark the ball or spoil the ball

He doesn't. He just ploughs straight into O'Meara

Maybe I'm just a dummy, but if the AFL are serious about concussions and protecting players, then surely players IN MARKING CONTESTS WITH THEIR EYES ON THE BALL deserve some protection from opponents looking to cannon straight into them with no intent to mark or spoil.
Apart from the last split milli-second Plowman has his eyes only on the ball. Fortunate for him, the angle he comes ‘at the ball’ he notices Omeara and braces...
‘He just plows into Omeara’ is nothing but an exaggeration from a ‘dummy’.

And yet another squeal from you...you’re on fire...or maybe having a slight melt.
It's called a discussion, mate.

To call Plowman weak for that...get off your high horse!! As courageous as it gets.
What's so courageous about taking your eye off the ball and bracing for impact? In the end, Plowman took the easy option. True courage would've been if he kept his eye on the ball - took the hit instead of bracing for it - and connected with his fist (or at least, got his hands on the mark attempt)

You must be truly naive to think that every club in the league ( and other leagues and sports) doesn’t have one eyed idiot supporters! Including yours as you’ve proven.
Nah, I just heard Carlton fans booing the umps over every free that Hawthorn got and every perceived free that Carlton supposedly should've got.

Real hard done by, they were... :rolleyes:

Then I've seen them bleating about it on these boards post match. Astounding!

Carlton won the free kick count 21-18 and scored a number of goals from free kicks and dubious non-decisions in the lead up.
I didn't see our blokes get any soft frees in front of goal like the ones given to Harry Mckay and Marc Murphy just before 3/4 time.
Your defenders illegally blocked our young tall forwards out of every marking contest - no free, play on...
Chad Wingard was hit in the side of the head while trying to mark 40m from goal - no free, play on....
Tom Mitchell was tackled by TWO Carlton players when he never even took possession and was driven face first into the ground - no free, play on...

I could go on and on...

Yet I heard Carlton fans screaming blue murder about the umpiring. Amazing! It was actually pretty funny to hear them booing all through the second half while watching the close up TV footage (and replays) which showed the booing Blues fans to be clearly wrong about so many decisions which they thought went against them. They all sounded like a bunch of idiots. (I agree, there are games when Hawks fans act like a bunch of frothing blind idiots, as well.)

Last edited:
It's called a discussion, mate.

What's so courageous about taking your eye off the ball and bracing for impact? In the end, Plowman took the easy option. True courage would've been if he kept his eye on the ball - took the hit instead of bracing for it - and connected with his fist (or at least, got his hands on the mark attempt)

Nah, I just heard Carlton fans booing the umps over every free that Hawthorn got and every perceived free that Carlton supposedly should've got.

Real hard done by, they were... :rolleyes:

Then I've seen them bleating about it on these boards post match. Astounding!

Carlton won the free kick count 21-18 and scored a number of goals from free kicks and dubious non-decisions in the lead up.
I didn't see our blokes get any soft frees in front of goal like the ones given to Harry Mckay and Marc Murphy just before 3/4 time.
Your defenders illegally blocked our young tall forwards out every marking contest - no free, play on...
Chad Wingard was hit in the side of the head while trying to mark 40m from goal - no free, play on....
Tom Mitchell was tackled by TWO Carlton players when he never even took possession and was driven face first into the ground - no free, play on...

I could go on and on...

Yet I heard Carlton fans screaming blue murder about the umpiring. Amazing! It was actually pretty funny to hear them booing all through the second half while watching the close up TV footage (and replays) which showed the booing Blues fans to be clearly wrong about so many decisions which they thought went against them. They all sounded like a bunch of idiots. (I agree, there are games when Hawks fans like a bunch of frothing blind idiots, as well.)
Like I said...you’re on fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back