MRP / Trib. Holeman and Plowman both Given 2 Weeks WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the way it is going is simply that if you have time to protect yourself and don't win the ball but end up injuring up the other player you will be suspended.

It has been that way for a couple of years. Go for the ball, not the player. And dont hit the head.

If he had a fist out to spoil it would have been called a collision. But he tucked in and bumped.

And a bump that causes a concussion sees weeks.

I think the way it is going is simply that if you have time to protect yourself and don't win the ball but end up injuring up the other player you will be suspended.
Yeah, I think that will naturally lead to players changing their approach to the contest. If you are going to be second to the ball you either pull out or wrap your opponent in a tackle. Running in with reckless abandon is being phased out. The attack on the ball is what sets Aussie Rules apart from other sports imo but it is what it is now.

More frustrated now that Buddy gets off head high contact when choosing to ignore the ball and go the player, when Plowman was convicted 3 times for a football incident. When they suspended Zac Williams after a practice match, they said it was about the action having the potential to cause injury. Now it seems it's gone back to outcome rather than intent.

Fix the ******* system AFL. Stop pussyfooting around with the stars and making examples of the lesserlights.

Mills punches Stocker in the balls and gets a fine.

I digress, are the AFL worried about head high contact or not? Why is the luck of the outcome the deciding factor?

More frustrated now that Buddy gets off head high contact when choosing to ignore the ball and go the player, when Plowman was convicted 3 times for a football incident. When they suspended Zac Williams after a practice match, they said it was about the action having the potential to cause injury. Now it seems it's gone back to outcome rather than intent.

Fix the ******* system AFL. Stop pussyfooting around with the stars and making examples of the lesserlights.

Marquee player for a northern club. Was never going to get anything.

Michael Christian needs to go. Buddy lined the man up as first option and the ball was second, bending down to pick it up and he could have ended up paralysed if Buddy hadn’t lost a yard of pace over the years. But because he was ok to take his kick and play out the game, yeah no worries mate

Lance, the Hawk, would've gone for that action, Lance the AFL Swan, never gets sighted for those 'clumsy' actions.

The AFL has lost plot by suspending based on outcome.

I don't often find myself agreeing with a Hawthorn supporter but I reckon you're more or less right. But years of watching our blokes get a week for tummy taps and zero-force jumper grab fendoffs, that wouldn't get looked at for any other club, suggests to me the true order is this:

Guernsey >>>>> Outcome > Action

Buddy got the Swans discount. Compare his record at the Swans vs Hawthorn. He hasnt changed his style of play at all.

Insufficient force for one player. Potential to cause injury for another. No need to guess which one a Brownlow player or star of the game will get.

Mills punches Stocker in the balls and gets a fine.

I digress, are the AFL worried about head high contact or not? Why is the luck of the outcome the deciding factor?

Hartigan did zero damage to Walsh and got 3 weeks. If outcome always mattered he would have got 1 week for intentional high impact.

I don't often find myself agreeing with a Hawthorn supporter but I reckon you're more or less right. But years of watching our blokes get a week for tummy taps and zero-force jumper grab fendoffs, that wouldn't get looked at for any other club, suggests to me the true order is this:

Guernsey >>>>> Outcome > Action
A clear example of the Guernsey was cotchin hit on shiel in a preliminary final a few years back , AFL desperate for Richmond to win a flag, ignored their own rules to get him off

A clear example of the Guernsey was cotchin hit on shiel in a preliminary final a few years back , AFL desperate for Richmond to win a flag, ignored their own rules to get him off
Makes you wonder why the AFL isn't desperate for Carlton to win one. It's been 26 years so they're due, or overdue. Only thing I can think of is the AFL no longer considers them one of the 'Big' clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you wonder why the AFL isn't desperate for Carlton to win one. It's been 26 years so they're due, or overdue. Only thing I can think of is the AFL no longer considers them one of the 'Big' clubs.

Unfair of you. Carlton havent been in a Prelim in decades so we have no idea if the AFL would play favourites or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back